X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Saffold on the rise

Indiana OT Rodger Saffold is rising up draft board.. This got me thinking could he be a fit for the Bills if we trade down in the teens to pick up picks.. Saffold could be available in Rd 2

The Bills currently hold the ninth pick a trade down with the 49ers at 17 would net us an extra 2nd rd pick.. which would be the 49th pick of the draft.

The Bills then would have pick 17,41,and 49..

The niners would have to be willing..

AT 17-OT-Cambell or DT Dan Williams
    At 41-Tebow or McCoy
    At 49-Cody-Saffold or McCoy, Spikes..

Thoughts

Bmax
    Last edited by Bmax; 03-20-2010, 11:30 PM.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Saffold on the rise

Would not be surprised if we took Saffold. His O-Line coach is on the Bills staff now.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would rather grab Dan Williams at #9 and then trade up for Saffold from #41

2,41 plus Whitner plus a 4th in 2011 would move us up to around #20

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Saffold may go later in Round 1.

That East-West Shrine game opened a lot of eyes. He's got great feet and technique for a LT. Teams ALWAYS pick lineman higher than many mocks have them. They're too hard to find.

If the Bills received an offer to trade down in Round 1, then he instantly come into play as one of the ones.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'm all for the Bills to grab an OT but i don't want to see them lose draft picks. i'd like to see them trade down to the bottom of the 1st round, or even out of the 1st round and into a high 2nd round pick, and get a couple of extra draft picks.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

I think Saffold is like to go by No35/No36 in R2 depending what the Chiefs and Redskins doing in Round1

Why we would want to draft a weak armed QB (McCoy) or a guy who might struggle to play QB at a NFL level (Tebow) with such a high pick lessoning the chance to properly develop a young QB with an NFL calibre arm already on the roster (Brohm) is beyond me - there's really only one football during pre-season and it needs to be given to the guy most likely to help us win - which is neither Tebow or McCoy.

The problem with trading down to 17 with the 49ers is that both the Seahawks and 49ers could use one of their picks on OT, meaning we'd lose the chance of a guy likely to succeed.

A draft could end up with

No4 Okung
            No5 Bulaga
            No8 Campbell
            No9 (traded to 49ers) or No13 Trent Williams
            No14 Anthony Davis

... leaving us with a 2nd Tier LT and a QB who will struggle for several years either due to physical limitations or a lack of pro-system experience.

It will take two drafts to fix this roster - I, for one, favour a "meat and potatoes" draft this year with R1-R3 focusing on the trenches. We can go after skill players next year and place them in an environment where the foundations have been put in place.

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

Bmax... do you think Williams and Campbell will be there at #17? I'm thinking they'll both be gone, although I suppose that Campbell is closer to a 50/50.

I like the scenario... especially if we go BPA at one of our many need positions at #17 and then NT and LT in the 2nd, unless one of those was filled in the 1st. Not sure the Niners would want to trade up, though...

Comment

Working...
              X