PDA

View Full Version : They re-aired Super Bowl XXV on NFLN tonight...

more cowbell
03-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Aside from the fact that it's completely depressing to watch...

With everything thats happened in the past decade...it's just so surreal to see this franchise actually playing in a Super Bowl

buffalobillsfan95
03-21-2010, 12:37 AM
the buffalo bills fans most hated words, "wide right"

clumping platelets
03-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Why watch...............results don't change :teary:

NOT THE DUDE...
03-21-2010, 04:23 AM
cornelius bennett was a great player, we should have run the ball more in that game, ran more screens...

YardRat
03-21-2010, 06:34 AM
cornelius bennett was a great player, we should have run the ball more in that game, ran more screens...

The offense wasn't the issue in that game, IMO...they ran 25 times for 166, Thomas had 190 total yards, TT and Kenny Davis accounted for 7 of the 18 completions, and they scored 19 pts in 19.5 minutes of possession.

Defense (especially the 9+minute drive in the third) and the missed kick were much larger factors.

YardRat
03-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Aside from the fact that it's completely depressing to watch...

With everything thats happened in the past decade...it's just so surreal to see this franchise actually playing in a Super Bowl

With everything that happened in the previous 20 years-plus, I was stunned and thrilled that we finally made it.

GreedoII
03-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Oh the offense had plenty to do with the this loss. They should have ran the ball 60 times until the Giants adjusted then you pass on them. Kelly was a stubborn fool in this game as was Levy not reigning him in and telling him to stop throwing and run the ball. The giants only had like 3 or 4 lineman. in a nutshell though...

1. Bad tackling
2. Timely penalties
3. Dropped Balls
4. Refuse to run more
5. Bad clock management during the 2min warning final drive.

I don't blame Norwood at all....

streetkings01
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Oh the offense had plenty to do with the this loss. They should have ran the ball 60 times until the Giants adjusted then you pass on them. Kelly was a stubborn fool in this game as was Levy not reigning him in and telling him to stop throwing and run the ball. The giants only had like 3 or 4 lineman. in a nutshell though...

1. Bad tackling
2. Timely penalties
3. Dropped Balls
4. Refuse to run more
5. Bad clock management during the 2min warning final drive.

I don't blame Norwood at all....I do......his main job is to make field goals and he missed!

don137
03-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I do blame Norwood for missing the kick but that is just one of many reasons why they lost the Super Bowl. Greedo summed up the list of mistakes that contributed along with Norwood's miss that cost the game.

GreedoII
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I do......his main job is to make field goals and he missed!

My point is it shouldn't have even come down to a kick! They should have beaten this depleted Giants team by 3 td's. Backup QB/backup RB/ 5'7 mini RB breaking tackles/3-13 from a journeymen WR breaking 20 tackles in Mark Ingram. Seriously?? The Giants D played right into therir hands to scream to run the ball 100 times. Kelly's ego and Marv's lack of authority blew that part of the gameplan. Norwood shouldn't have been a factor except on extra points....

imbondz
03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
ok fine, i'll take the bait. Horrible tackling on that last Giants drive did us in.

DynaPaul
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
The players being c0cky and spending all week boozing it up did us in. 9 times out of 10 we should have blown away that old and overmatched Giants team.