PDA

View Full Version : TOP 5 REASONS WHY WE' WON'T DRAFT CLAUSEN

SirMcGee
03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.metrowny.com/blogs/archives/427-Top-5-Reasons-Why-the-Buffalo-Bills-WONT-draft-Jimmy-Clausen-75b0xw00d.html

kernowboy
03-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I have so say, there are 5 very strong points raised there.

better days
03-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Reason #1 He is not on the board at the #9 pick. (I HOPE).

Night Train
03-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Reason #1 He is not on the board at the #9 pick. (I HOPE).

I'd love it if he was and the Bills accepted a trade for him, picking up extra picks.

I don't care how many fanboys would cry. He's not worth a top 10 pick.

better days
03-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd love it if he was and the Bills accepted a trade for him, picking up extra picks.

I don't care how many fanboys would cry. He's not worth a top 10 pick.

I could live with a trade down if it was not too far & they picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd rnd pick that would be sweet.

Night Train
03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
I could live with a trade down if it was not too far & they picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd rnd pick that would be sweet.

..and still draft a LT like Campbell of Maryland,Saffold of Indiana or a massive DT like Williams of Tenny or Cody of Alabama.

with extra picks coming... How could that NOT be better than reaching for Clausen ?

Albany,n.y.
03-21-2010, 06:29 PM
What garbage, just another Ralph Wilson hater with an internet site.

PECKERWOOD
03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
The number 1 reason is because he won't be around when we pick or at least that should be the number 1 reason.

PECKERWOOD
03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
One more thing, these "QBs can't be successful if they're on their back" type of arguments need to stop because we could always trade back up for a left tackle, I mean this is a deep class after all.

YardRat
03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
I quit reading as soon as he mentioned Mort as a reference.

clumping platelets
03-21-2010, 11:10 PM
As for the Bills, trust me, they have been working under a different NFL salary base for the last four years (since the CBA was signed).

He's wrong about this, 2/3 of the teams in the NFL used "cash-to-cap"

clumping platelets
03-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Other than that, I agree...........fix the lines, beef up the new defense, and draft a young QB in the later rds. Then in the 2011 draft, we could in a better position to find the "franchise QB" via trade, FA, or draft

SABURZFAN
03-22-2010, 02:47 AM
that was like reading one of yordad's posts. Licking on Lossman and hating on Edwards.

SABURZFAN
03-22-2010, 02:49 AM
He's wrong about this, 2/3 of the teams in the NFL used "cash-to-cap"

you knew he was wrong when he says "trust me."

kernowboy
03-22-2010, 03:46 AM
One more thing, these "QBs can't be successful if they're on their back" type of arguments need to stop because we could always trade back up for a left tackle, I mean this is a deep class after all.

Firstly, that was a direct quote from our GM, Buddy Nix so its not a comment, its a direct quote

Secondly, trading up will cost us picks which is something we can ill afford with our needs on both offence and defence.

Thirdly whilst it is a deep class, it could be a similar draft to 2008, when eight OTs went in Round 1 alone. After that, the next pick was John Greco and no-one can consider him starting material.

Fans mention the likes of Saffold, and Veldheer but as they do well at their Pro Days, they climb.

By the time we draft at No41, there is at least the chance that at least 15 potential selections could go on an OT, and if the likes of Detroit, Kanasas City, Washington, and Oakland all with legitimate needs picking in Round2 ahead of us.

In Round1, Detroit, Washington, Kansas City, Seattle, Oakland, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Arizona, Dallas and Indianapolis all have OT needs to a certain extent.

What must be stopped is the delusion we can easily getting a starting LT at No41 - yes the draft is deep, but its not that deep.