PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Season-Ticket Photo Is More Than Meets the Eye

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2010/03/bills-photo-420.jpg

First, the team says it wanted to find a picture that would show the scoreboard. They were mailing asking people to renew, and each picture was personalized to include the name of the season-ticket holder receiving the picture -- with the name appearing on the scoreboard. Each photo had a note that said: "Awaiting your return."

In an e-mail, Andrew Major, Bills Executive Director of Marketing, called the photo "one of our best that included the scoreboard in the background."
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/19/bills-season-ticket-photo-is-more-than-meets-the-eye/

BuffaloChip
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
At least they didnt go w/ their 1st choice..........................
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/ila71191/haterade/ohno.jpg

*sigh

more cowbell
03-21-2010, 08:42 PM
At least they didnt go w/ their 1st choice..........................
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/ila71191/haterade/ohno.jpg

*sigh

hahahahahahah!

DrGraves
03-21-2010, 08:42 PM
please renew your tickets so you can watch brian moorman punt from the back of his own endzone 5 times a game!!!!

more cowbell
03-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Just a typical PR cover for the fact that there are complete morons in the marketing department.

1. They prolly figured Moorman is the "Family Fan Favorite" so lets get him in the picture

2. They didn't even think about the fact that the photo was taken from the worst football game ever played in NFL histroy.

BertSquirtgum
03-21-2010, 09:12 PM
the bills' p.r. people are complete buffoons

Tourettes Guy
03-21-2010, 09:32 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL thats what she said

Oldbillsfan
03-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Someone in their marketing department needs to lose their job for defending the photo

Oldbillsfan
03-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Awaiting your return Amy! We are punting out of our end zone to the Browns! Don't miss the great action! Scoring, winning aren't a priority.

Typ0
03-22-2010, 02:41 AM
The Bills are a frigging joke from top to bottom.

eee1776
03-22-2010, 06:48 AM
When I called the ticket office to pay for my tickets I had to tell the girl that answered the phone that I was trying to give her some money if she just shut up long enough. Two weeks later the picture arrived after I renewed..with the wrong invoice. It just goes to show you that people fail upwards. at one time there was some competent folks in our admin.
Anyway I liked the picture, I was at the game.

Night Train
03-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Mine said " A-Hole. Awaiting your return " .

I respect them for that. :up:

jamze132
03-22-2010, 07:07 AM
You have got to be kidding me... These ******s are trying to sell a product to smart and rabid fans and they show the Bills kicking the ****ing ball from the endzone? :lmao:

THRILLHO
03-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Lets cut the Bills some credit here guys. Our photographers prolly got very tired waiting for a good play to happen. So, any time TO had a big catch, or Jackson was about to burst through the goal line, the photographers were getting a hot dog, or napping, or playing texas hold'em. This was the best photo they had in thier portfolio, so they slapped everyone's name on it and mailed it out.

THRILLHO
03-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Or maybe MandT Bank, Jet Blue, Tim Hortons, Bison Dip and Pepsi paid 50 bucks each to have this photo sent out.

djjimkelly
03-22-2010, 08:21 AM
maybe next year they show a bills qb getting sacked for a safety.

Michael82
03-22-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm upset that I didn't get my own personalized photo. It's a sweet image and I don't care that it's of the punter. Moorman is our best player on the team. Apparently it pays to skip the due date and withhold the money for season tickets...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
why would they want to show us punting????

G Wolly
03-22-2010, 08:38 AM
why would they want to show us punting????

Because he's our best/most consistent player on the team

Jan Reimers
03-22-2010, 08:53 AM
For those of you bashing the marketing department, let me remind you that they sell a ton of tickets - filling the stadium almost every game - for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years.

You can blame the Bills for a lot of things, but not for their marketing efforts.

dannyek71
03-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Thinking of that Browns game wants to make me puke, not renew.

G Wolly
03-22-2010, 09:49 AM
For those of you bashing the marketing department, let me remind you that they sell a ton of tickets - filling the stadium almost every game - for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years.

That's not due to marketing, IMO.

Many of us season ticket holders come by year by year because we love this team, and when something amazing does happen, we want to be there. It's unbearable to watch the team go nowhere each season but it's something you can't stop doing.

Michael82
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
That's the key with this photo. It wouldn't have upset so many people if they picked another game, but they chose worse game of the year and the one many season ticket holders would want to forget.

Philagape
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM

You can blame the Bills for a lot of things, but not for their marketing efforts.

That says more about the fans than the team.

Throne Logic
03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
At least it wasn't a shot from the Rogers Centre. . .

Jan Reimers
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
That's not due to marketing, IMO.

Many of us season ticket holders come by year by year because we love this team, and when something amazing does happen, we want to be there. It's unbearable to watch the team go nowhere each season but it's something you can't stop doing.
I agree that the Bills' have an extremely loyal fan base, and always have. But until they started their regionalization efforts into the Rochester/Syracuse and Southern Ontario markets, the Ralph was often less than filled, and many games were blacked out.

I think that without marketing, and given our recent lack of success, about 50,000 rabid fans might show up at the Ralph consistently. The other 20,000 plus are attributable to hardcore marketing.

G Wolly
03-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I think that without marketing, and given our recent lack of success, about 50,000 rabid fans might show up at the Ralph consistently. The other 20,000 plus are attributable to hardcore marketing.

I can't speak for Bills fans outside of the area as I've been raised as a fan and lived here my whole life, but I don't see any reason the Bills have to convince "outsiders" to become fans.

Jeff1220
03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I can't speak for Bills fans outside of the area as I've been raised as a fan and lived here my whole life, but I don't see any reason the Bills have to convince "outsiders" to become fans.

I don't think it's a matter of convincing them to be fans, but rather convincing them it's worth buying the tickets, and driving up to 3-4 hours each way, 8x a season to watch a team most likely lose.

JD
03-22-2010, 10:53 AM
..to make it worse, we're against the Browns! bahahhaa

don137
03-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I think Bills fans are loyal to the team and that is why they sell out.

I give credit to the Marketing Department for anyone that has become a Bills fan in the last 10 years that was not previously. However, I have yet to find anyone who became fans of the Bills thanks to the regionalization of the Bills the last few years. I doubt there are many at all. The Bills fan base grew a lot during the Super Bowl years. Now, not so much. If Bills fans were not such great loyal fans this team would of moved a long time ago.

Oldbillsfan
03-22-2010, 11:20 AM

You make a good point but being in marketing myself the picture is a total fail. If this was planned properly they could have actually tried to get a better shot, possibly of the Bills scoring a touchdown with another team chasing someone like Fred Jackson. How about a Bills player celebrating in the endzone? That would make a huge difference. The Bills defending the use of the picture is even worse.

Jan Reimers
03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I think everyone makes far too much of the picture of Moorman punting, and far too little of the ticketholder's name on the scoreboard. People like to see their name in this kind of setting.

Oldbillsfan
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Sure the name on the scoreboard is cool, but given the teams record the past few years I think the team scoring instead of punting would make a more positive impact. Right now it suggests the team's performance doesn't matter.

tat2dmike77
03-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Yeah the cleveland game was the worst of all season. But what groundbreaking magical moment game would you of picked? The picture is anice gesture you can buy these for about 30 bucks. The one i have seen of the Bills has Bledsoe as the QB so this is nice as it is current.

G Wolly
03-22-2010, 02:17 PM
But what groundbreaking magical moment game would you of picked?

Beating Tampa in week 2 33 to 20.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092009/2009/REG2/buccaneers@bills/recap#tab:recap

tampabay25690
03-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Who cares what they do just renew.......

BertSquirtgum
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Thinking of that Browns game wants to make me puke, not renew.
yepp, it was the first time in 5 years that i was able to drag my cousin away from his girlfriend to a bills game and we ended up watching a s**t show. i was considering jumping off the balcony where people smoke.

Who cares what they do just renew.......
i'm not buying s**t until i see how this draft goes. as the team now sits.....i would be happy watching them on my couch with the 50 inch in front of me.

more cowbell
03-23-2010, 12:21 AM

Incorrect.

It's 100 percent a reflection of the fans not the creative minds in the marketing department.

Buffalo has some of the most loyal fans in sports, especially for the Bills. No matter how crappy the team is or how much they piss us off we still show up because they are OUR team...that's why the stadium is sold out every Sunday.

Football isn't an entertainment option in Western New York like it is in some NFL cities like Jax, San Diego (I know because I live here now)...it's a ritual and a way of life.

Typ0
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I think everyone makes far too much of the picture of Moorman punting, and far too little of the ticketholder's name on the scoreboard. People like to see their name in this kind of setting.

If they can change the photo and put someones name on the scoreboard then they can change it to a better message overall. Just because they decided to spend more money on marketing and they are filling up seats doesn't mean they are doing it that well. They could have taken that money and gotten a better coaching staff too and that would have filled up seats just as easily. Their marketing is wearing thin because it's been a short term solution that only a winning team is going to fix now and ticket sales are way down from what I'm to understand. Using this pathetic photo was a dumb ass decision they should be criticized for.

tampabay25690
03-24-2010, 07:50 PM
yepp, it was the first time in 5 years that i was able to drag my cousin away from his girlfriend to a bills game and we ended up watching a s**t show. i was considering jumping off the balcony where people smoke.

i'm not buying s**t until i see how this draft goes. as the team now sits.....i would be happy watching them on my couch with the 50 inch in front of me.

Your not buying tix???
Just think if every bills fan thought like you there would be NO Buffalo Bills then...
**** I live in FL and still have seasons jsut to support my City and Team...