• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

is GW the weak link?

The Article

Bills need to find out if coach is the ticket

The local loyalists have never cottoned to Williams. He promised them a disciplined team and they got the worst kind of undisciplined team. He built a rickety staff to start and many of them are gone. He picked the wrong guy to be offensive coordinator. He dumped Ted Cottrell's successful 3-4 defense and most of the players equipped to play the system. He replaced it with the 4-3 he used as defensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans but without the talent suited to it.

Now he has the talent, including players to fit his defense, the coaches, Drew Bledsoe at quarterback and running backs for a sound ground game. His own approach changed for the better.

Now he needs to do his part on game days.

For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Short answer: YES!

GW is the weakest link. Has been from the start.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
      My IQ Test results came back negative
      • Oct 2002

if GW look last year he would of tried to learn the screen pass and how to block it!

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

I think the lack of focus and stupid penalties is more of a result of having one of the youngest teams in the league than GW. But I agree, this is his last shot.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I'm not sold on GW myself, but this season will truly tell the tale. I don't necessarly expect Williams to take the team the distance. However, I do expect a playoff birth. Unless the team is just weakened by injuries, the Bills had better make the playoffs or it's GW's head the fans will be screaming for next.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

GW made some smart decsions this offseason though. our team looks great on paper i cant wait to see if they show it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

We'll see if he's really any good. He has no more excuses. The Bills have great personnel and veteran coaches in Steckel, Krumrie and especially LeBeau.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

That was TD making the decisions. GW has a few months before he'll be able to choose anything other than what flavor of milkshake he wants.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

VERY weak
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• venis2k1
                    Youboty can hope
                    • Jul 2002

If he cant do it this year, he cant do it.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

Sometimes I think TD has adopted Greg and is trying to bring him along.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

With this team, we should do more than just make the playoffs, almost half of the teams in the league get to do that. I was AFC Championship game, or I want him gone.

This is the best team in the NFL on paper. No doubt about it. If GW can't make them top 4 in the league at season's end. He has to go.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

Williams is definitely running out of excuses. Donahoe has given him defensive help (coaching and personnel), so that can't be used as it was last year. It's going to be up to him to bring these players together and get them working towards the same goal: bringing the Lombardi trophy to Buffalo! My guess is that Donahoe and Wilson will spend this year evaluating Williams and how the team responds to him. Based on the Bills' performance this season, we'll know whether or not he will continue to coach the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                          X