PDA

View Full Version : My $ says Mitchell is gonna be a goner

Tourettes Guy
03-22-2010, 08:56 AM
A. His play was horrid last year.

B. He's injured.

C. We signed Davis.

D. He publicly blasted the Bills for the Incognito move. Nix may be the GM now but Brandon was still the guy and is still the guy calling the shots.

If a player can't hack it on the field, teams are going to be accepting of this stupid twitter BS.

Mitchell's career is in a downward spiral as far as I'm concerned.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-22-2010, 09:03 AM
we need a back up... he will be back!

Jamiezzz
03-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Don't think so. I think they use him for one more season, then dump him next year. They need bodies, and wld be better then the options that are out there..

The King
03-22-2010, 09:47 AM
but he went to Uganda!

HHURRICANE
03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't be that surprised.

Beebe's Kid
03-22-2010, 10:22 AM
A. His play was horrid last year.

B. He's injured. He actually played half-way decent when he was on the field, maybe your forgot, but he was lost for the year against the Browns, which was week 5. When Poz went down against the Pats*, he was easily our defensive leader. Maybe he was invisible on the field to you because he wasn't there.

C. We signed Davis. This will come as a shock...you can have more than one player at a position. Moving to a 3-4, we needed to add linebackers, because, we simply didn't have enough safeties to provide adequate depth.

D. He publicly blasted the Bills for the Incognito move. Nix may be the GM now but Brandon was still the guy and is still the guy calling the shots. You mean Richie Incognito, correct? The guy that Nix though so highly of, that he didn't even tender him, and let him walk for free....to the Dolphins. Of course, we are stacked on the OL, so it's not like we could use an NFL starter there. Nix, if not in the exact grandiloquence of Mitchell, must agree with him. Brandon, what are you getting at exactly?

If a player can't hack it on the field, teams are going to be accepting of this stupid twitter BS. What he says on Twitter has little to no bearing on the real world. Guys that pull the strings in the operation of an NFL franchise, really don't care what he "Tweets." That is reserved for 13 year old girls, and fans that are looking to make a big deal out of every little thing that athletes post.

Mitchell's career is in a downward spiral as far as I'm concerned. You're absolutely right, and your history as an NFL talent evaluator speaks for itself. Maybe we trade Mitchell/Whitner/Lynch to the Patriots for a 5th rounder.

Tourettes Guy
03-22-2010, 10:45 AM
He played like garbage last year. I didn't miss a snap. Mitchell would be a solid backup, but will he accept that role?

And I don't think teams care what players tweet if it's not about the team. Cromartie tweeted about how the Chargers food sucks, and now he's in New York. To publicly criticize and lambaste the team you work for, is just idiotic.

I still bet he's a goner.

User Manuel
03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I will bet he is not only on the field, but will likely be one of the starters inside.

madness
03-22-2010, 10:52 AM
He may end up on the outside and switch to the inside on passing downs. I don't think Maybin will be ready to start.

Jan Reimers
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Mitchell is an experienced player that can actually help in the 3-4. Like many of our players, he's not great, but I don't see us getting rid of seviceable guys who can play in our new D scheme.

jamze132
03-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I could care less if Mitchell is on this team next year.

SABURZFAN
03-22-2010, 11:28 AM
the only way i see Mitchell gone is if comes down to saving money.

Marty Funkhouser
03-22-2010, 12:42 PM
the only way i see Mitchell gone is if comes down to saving money.

Well the Bills would never cut somebody to save money.

G Wolly
03-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Well the Bills would never cut somebody to save money.

Yea. Ralph's been REAL generous in the past.

Jaybird
03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
he's terrible and I would be very very happy if he gets dealt

YardRat
03-22-2010, 09:26 PM
If he's not on the team, it's because somebody younger outplayed him in camp/preseason and that reason only. If that happens, it's a good thing.

Goobylal
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM
Yea. Ralph's been REAL generous in the past.
Actually he has been. I guess you missed the contracts given to Evans, Dockery, Walker, etc.

As for Mitchell, I'd like to see him compete at ILB and OLB. The LB'ing group will be Davis, Poz, Mitchell, Ellis, Maybin, Scott, (Nic) Harris, Kelsay, Schobel (if he doesn't retire) and Ellison. May the best men win!