X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

The Case for/against VICK

There's no lack of football knowledge here. I try my best to be rational and take the long view on personnel decisions. I have viewed the potential for a deal to get Michael Vick from as many angles as I can think of, and after this analysis, I can't help but think Vick might be our best option at QB for the 2010 season.

I am looking for FACTS here as to why he would not be a fit in Buffalo.

My main thoughts are as follows.

We have oline issues, and I can't fool myself into thinking its going to be miles better next season. I think Vick's agility would help to make up for this deficiency.

He's relatively cheap. Philly wants a 2nd rounder. Do you really think anyone will give that up? No. The price is set by the market, not the seller. I would bet that we could send a 2011 pick that starts with a 3rd but could upgrade to a 2nd based on what we see from Vick.

Bottom line for me is a) it seems financially feasible b)he seems to be a fit for this team.

Coming for as far back in the pack as we are, I think we have to be willing to take chances to catch up within our division.

I can certainly envision a draft day deal.

Fire away please.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: The Case for/against VICK

I'd rather not. I don't think he deserves to be back in the NFL, and I sure as hell wouldn't want him on the Bills under any scenario

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

There seem to be a number of assumptions surrounding Vick, including 1.) that he was a great QB at one time, and 2.), that he still has the skills that he had 3 or 4 years ago.

Truth is, he was terribly inaccurate, and not very good at reading defenses, even in his prime. He was an exciting runner largely because of these gaping holes in his game. And now, it is very questionable whether he still has the legs to scramble as he once did.

I'd rather take a chance on a legitimate drop back QB.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

The fact is, he's always been a terrible passer. Almost everything positive he did on the field was because of his running ability. If he doesn't have that anymore, he's useless.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

I can't say that Vick is the greatest QB out there. He's not. Clearly.
          The Bills would not pay for the greatest QB ever, even if he was available.
          You get what you pay for. I know he's not Peyton Manning, but the hard truth is that we get the leftovers. You will have to admit though, that in the last year he started (2006) he was showing some good progress in his passing, even if the stats don't reflect that.

As to his legs not being what they once were, I don't know about that. He's still a young guy and has been keeping in shape without being beaten up. I'd be surprised if he lost a lot.
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            He's relatively cheap. Philly wants a 2nd rounder. Do you really think anyone will give that up?
            I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him before he went to jail.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

If we had an OL and some WR's in place with our current QB's, I MIGHT be willing to take a chance on Vick, just based on the fact that he's probably better than what we have.

But the reality of the situation is that this team is a mess and the offense is an absolute disaster right now. Vick is not going to put this team over the top. Any picks we trade for him would be wasted. He's probably better than what we currently have, but he's not that great of a QB, he's out of practice and, even if he returns to his peak form, he's still not good enough to win on this team.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

To be a good qb in this league you need to be able to throw the ball with intelligence and accuracy. Vick has neither of these qualities.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

We don't need another RB.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                    To be a good qb in this league you need to be able to throw the ball with intelligence and accuracy. Vick has neither of these qualities.
                    but he could run fast and throw 80 yard bombs to Lee Evans 6 times a season. Wait, something about that sounds strangely familiar....
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mightysimi
                      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                      • Mar 2010

Even with a good line in Atlanta, he was getting sacked a ton. He thinks he can escape anything and holds onto the ball way too long. Running QB's never work. Period.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                        shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                        • Mar 2007

No thnaks, hes a RB who can throw a little. Fred Jackson may be better.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

13 passes w/6 completions in the last 3 years ! Doesn't this tell us something?
                          24 rushes in the same time for 95 yards! That's a huge drop off from 2006's 8.4 yds per carry.

He's never been the sharpest pencil in the box, He's slowed down and will never be regarded as a passer in this league or any other. .
                          Folks let the issue go..Vick is a waste !
                          Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            • May 2004

Still not seeing much for FACTS.

Opinions, yes and you are all entitled to those.

But statements saying that his stats while he was in prison were not up to par or that Fred Jackson is as good a QB as he is are nothing but blather. C'mon. You can do better than that.
                            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                              • Sep 2008

People are still talking about Vick? Wow. Move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X