PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft 4.0: If Clausen slips, Bills could take him at No. 9

The Spaz
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's nothing like getting to talk with a few coaches and personnel people at the NFL Annual Meeting to help you get a better feel for the draft.

Sunday night, before I finished up this process, I got to speak with more than a dozen of the key people running their team's draft. The team decision-makers aren't going to tell me (nor would I ask) who they are taking in the April selection process -- even if they knew for sure at this point. But they will talk about how much they like or dislike certain players.

A typical response when I ask about a certain player would be, "We don't even have a first-round grade on the guy," or "You missed on a few guys we really like." Hear that comment from three or four different people and it is grounds for an adjustment in the mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81714d0c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Italian Stallion
03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Dez Bryant that low is HILARIOUS.

Kirwan has always been a tool shed, so whatever he says I literally just read to laugh and move on about my day.

psubills62
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM
They COULD draft him...but they shouldn't.

kernowboy
03-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Kirwan has always been a tool shed, so whatever he says I literally just read to laugh and move on about my day.

I've seen several mocks with Bryant falling

HAMMER
03-22-2010, 03:55 PM

Calling Kirwan a tool shed tells me all I need to know about you. The man is a class act with FAR more football knowledge than you could ever hope to attain.

patmoran2006
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Not saying I want him, but I really think Clausen is going to be there at 9.

Michael82
03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh ****! I had no clue that Clausen was from California. That will change my mind on him....:ill:

BillsWin
03-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I agree. If Clausen slips, the Bills COULD take him.

Of course the same can be said of Okung, McCoy, Suh, Bradford, Bulaga, etc. etc. etc.

DraftBoy
03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Bebe Thomas is flying up boards, and while I still have him (and will have him) ranked behind Bryant in my final rankings he could go before him.

YardRat
03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Bebe Thomas is flying up boards, and while I still have him (and will have him) ranked behind Bryant in my final rankings he could go before him.

IMO that could be the 'surprise' of the top half of the first round.

Jaybird
03-22-2010, 06:57 PM

won't happen

Aliceinchainsbills15
03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's nothing like getting to talk with a few coaches and personnel people at the NFL Annual Meeting to help you get a better feel for the draft.

Sunday night, before I finished up this process, I got to speak with more than a dozen of the key people running their team's draft. The team decision-makers aren't going to tell me (nor would I ask) who they are taking in the April selection process -- even if they knew for sure at this point. But they will talk about how much they like or dislike certain players.

A typical response when I ask about a certain player would be, "We don't even have a first-round grade on the guy," or "You missed on a few guys we really like." Hear that comment from three or four different people and it is grounds for an adjustment in the mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81714d0c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
I wouldn't be surprised

PECKERWOOD
03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I really hope the Lions take Okung and pass on Suh, it would be the best move for them and it would really make the draft more interesting.

Italian Stallion
03-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Calling Kirwan a tool shed tells me all I need to know about you. The man is a class act with FAR more football knowledge than you could ever hope to attain.

I'm very certian I didn't ask you for your opinion on my post. I could honestly care less what you think of me.

I think Kirwan is a tool shed...I listen to him most days on the way home from work on Sirius, and he constantly has an attitude with callers and guests as if he knows better than everyone and we should worship the ground he walks on. He's been out of the league for awhile, so to act like that IN MY OPINION, is rude and therin creates the tool shed aura I get from him.

There's your explaniation...not that you deserved it or I owed you anything.

Shut your damn mouth next time and stay on topic....I guess the San Diego sun can't cure one particular trait in people...being a flat out jerk.

DraftBoy
03-23-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm very certian I didn't ask you for your opinion on my post. I could honestly care less what you think of me.

I think Kirwan is a tool shed...I listen to him most days on the way home from work on Sirius, and he constantly has an attitude with callers and guests as if he knows better than everyone and we should worship the ground he walks on. He's been out of the league for awhile, so to act like that IN MY OPINION, is rude and therin creates the tool shed aura I get from him.

There's your explaniation...not that you deserved it or I owed you anything.

Shut your damn mouth next time and stay on topic....I guess the San Diego sun can't cure one particular trait in people...being a flat out jerk.

Kirwan does know more than all his callers. Most people are idiots to start with, who call into radio shows particurlarly to disagree with the big name host and try and look smart on the radio. That's not to say its every caller, but the majority are out to try and look smart, rather than actually acting smart.

Italian Stallion
03-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Kirwan does know more than all his callers. Most people are idiots to start with, who call into radio shows particurlarly to disagree with the big name host and try and look smart on the radio. That's not to say its every caller, but the majority are out to try and look smart, rather than actually acting smart.

I don't disagree with that statement at all or the extent of his knowledge. Acting the way he does though isn't justified. Period.

chubluv
03-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh ****! I had no clue that Clausen was from California. That will change my mind on him....:ill:

I didn't know that either.

Jim Kelly in an interview on the radio said we need to draft some one like Clausen who's from up north and can handle our weather, and not those prissy California boys that we have had lately.