X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Mock draft 4.0: If Clausen slips, Bills could take him at No. 9

ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's nothing like getting to talk with a few coaches and personnel people at the NFL Annual Meeting to help you get a better feel for the draft.

Sunday night, before I finished up this process, I got to speak with more than a dozen of the key people running their team's draft. The team decision-makers aren't going to tell me (nor would I ask) who they are taking in the April selection process -- even if they knew for sure at this point. But they will talk about how much they like or dislike certain players.

A typical response when I ask about a certain player would be, "We don't even have a first-round grade on the guy," or "You missed on a few guys we really like." Hear that comment from three or four different people and it is grounds for an adjustment in the mock draft.

What happens to Jimmy Clausen if the Redskins don't draft the Notre Dame QB with the fourth overall pick? With Seattle and Cleveland both making QB moves last week, he could fall right into the Bills' lap.
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Re: Mock draft 4.0: If Clausen slips, Bills could take him at No. 9

Dez Bryant that low is HILARIOUS.

Kirwan has always been a tool shed, so whatever he says I literally just read to laugh and move on about my day.
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

They COULD draft him...but they shouldn't.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Stallion

Kirwan has always been a tool shed, so whatever he says I literally just read to laugh and move on about my day.
        I've seen several mocks with Bryant falling

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Calling Kirwan a tool shed tells me all I need to know about you. The man is a class act with FAR more football knowledge than you could ever hope to attain.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Not saying I want him, but I really think Clausen is going to be there at 9.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Oh ****! I had no clue that Clausen was from California. That will change my mind on him....

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

I agree. If Clausen slips, the Bills COULD take him.

Of course the same can be said of Okung, McCoy, Suh, Bradford, Bulaga, etc. etc. etc.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Bebe Thomas is flying up boards, and while I still have him (and will have him) ranked behind Bryant in my final rankings he could go before him.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Bebe Thomas is flying up boards, and while I still have him (and will have him) ranked behind Bryant in my final rankings he could go before him.
                    IMO that could be the 'surprise' of the top half of the first round.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jaybird
                      • Dec 2005

won't happen

Comment

• Aliceinchainsbills15
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        ORLANDO, Fla. -- There's nothing like getting to talk with a few coaches and personnel people at the NFL Annual Meeting to help you get a better feel for the draft.

Sunday night, before I finished up this process, I got to speak with more than a dozen of the key people running their team's draft. The team decision-makers aren't going to tell me (nor would I ask) who they are taking in the April selection process -- even if they knew for sure at this point. But they will talk about how much they like or dislike certain players.

A typical response when I ask about a certain player would be, "We don't even have a first-round grade on the guy," or "You missed on a few guys we really like." Hear that comment from three or four different people and it is grounds for an adjustment in the mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true
                        I wouldn't be surprised
                        I'M ON A BOAT!
                        Proud Bills fan since 2002
                        F***ing s*** up since 1990

Metallica is awesome. Period.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

I really hope the Lions take Okung and pass on Suh, it would be the best move for them and it would really make the draft more interesting.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                            Knows More Than You
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            Calling Kirwan a tool shed tells me all I need to know about you. The man is a class act with FAR more football knowledge than you could ever hope to attain.
                            I'm very certian I didn't ask you for your opinion on my post. I could honestly care less what you think of me.

I think Kirwan is a tool shed...I listen to him most days on the way home from work on Sirius, and he constantly has an attitude with callers and guests as if he knows better than everyone and we should worship the ground he walks on. He's been out of the league for awhile, so to act like that IN MY OPINION, is rude and therin creates the tool shed aura I get from him.

There's your explaniation...not that you deserved it or I owed you anything.

Shut your damn mouth next time and stay on topic....I guess the San Diego sun can't cure one particular trait in people...being a flat out jerk.
                            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I'm very certian I didn't ask you for your opinion on my post. I could honestly care less what you think of me.

I think Kirwan is a tool shed...I listen to him most days on the way home from work on Sirius, and he constantly has an attitude with callers and guests as if he knows better than everyone and we should worship the ground he walks on. He's been out of the league for awhile, so to act like that IN MY OPINION, is rude and therin creates the tool shed aura I get from him.

There's your explaniation...not that you deserved it or I owed you anything.

Shut your damn mouth next time and stay on topic....I guess the San Diego sun can't cure one particular trait in people...being a flat out jerk.

Kirwan does know more than all his callers. Most people are idiots to start with, who call into radio shows particurlarly to disagree with the big name host and try and look smart on the radio. That's not to say its every caller, but the majority are out to try and look smart, rather than actually acting smart.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X