PDA

View Full Version : Clausen Article

DesertFox24
03-23-2010, 08:28 AM
http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenhate.php

Patti120
03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Interesting read. I am not a big Clausen fan and I don't really have anything to base this on other than the hatred I have due to the flops we've had at QB here over the years so this article does make you (or me anyway) have some belief in the guy. Sounds like he would be the QB who would transition easiest to the NFL and based upon the o-lines he's played behind etc., sounds like he'd fit right in with the Bills, lol.

With that said, I'm not saying that I think we should take him. I still think NT or LT are the more pressing needs.

patmoran2006
03-23-2010, 08:44 AM
I was talking to a guy this morning and we concluded this guy can go as high as #4 to Washington, be there for Buffalo at #9 and if he gets past Buffalo unless a team traded up for him, he could fall all the way down the draft board all the way down to #30 with the Vikings.

patmoran2006
03-23-2010, 08:45 AM
But BTW, in my unpublished mock (too early for me to do one publicly), I actually have Oakland finally saying screw Russell and taking Clausen, a California native with the 8th pick.

psubills62
03-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I've seen that before. Problem is, it doesn't really address most of his problems on the field. Basically it blames everyone around him for any of the team's issues, etc., but doesn't address a lot of the negatives that people like Ingtar have pointed out about Clausen's play itself.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=183869

Night Train
03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I've seen that before. Problem is, it doesn't really address most of his problems on the field. Basically it blames everyone around him for any of the team's issues, etc., but doesn't address a lot of the negatives that people like Ingtar have pointed out about Clausen's play itself.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=183869

:bf1:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Scary pick at #9. In the words of Ingtar in the above referenced thread:
"astronomically high bust potential." Thanks but no thanks.

kernowboy
03-23-2010, 10:22 AM
But BTW, in my unpublished mock (too early for me to do one publicly), I actually have Oakland finally saying screw Russell and taking Clausen, a California native with the 8th pick.

and in an uncapped year, it is something they can definitely do for far less of a hit than otherwise.

If agreement is reached for the 2011 season, then they are lumbered with Russell

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 10:30 AM
If he fallls to #9 and the Bills pass on him, then they deserve to continue losing for another ten years.
He will be an above average NFL qb and the Bills currently do not even have an average qb on their team.
The off the field stuff is the typical jealous/hater bs that goes with a guy in his position, there have been far worse qb's off the field, one who was the Bills greatest qb ever.
I think the Bills will take him if he gets to #9 and get their ot and nt in the 2nd and 3rd rd's.

DraftBoy
03-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Pointless fluff piece, but well written.

I posted my comments on it in the other thread.

psubills62
03-23-2010, 11:03 AM
If he fallls to #9 and the Bills pass on him, then they deserve to continue losing for another ten years.
He will be an above average NFL qb and the Bills currently do not even have an average qb on their team.
The off the field stuff is the typical jealous/hater bs that goes with a guy in his position, there have been far worse qb's off the field, one who was the Bills greatest qb ever.
I think the Bills will take him if he gets to #9 and get their ot and nt in the 2nd and 3rd rd's.

That's exactly who I want with the #9 pick in the draft - an "above average" player :rolleyes:

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 12:47 PM
That's exactly who I want with the #9 pick in the draft - an "above average" player :rolleyes:

He's a QB. Get it QB.
You can't win w/o a QB.
An above average QB can win for you in the league. Garbage qb's like the Bills have had since Kelly have you picking in the top-10 every year. Who knows he could be a great qb but if you don't have one he is worth the shot.

psubills62
03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
He's a QB. Get it QB.
You can't win w/o a QB.
An above average QB can win for you in the league. Garbage qb's like the Bills have had since Kelly have you picking in the top-10 every year. Who knows he could be a great qb but if you don't have one he is worth the shot.
What I don't understand is why people assume that if we take Clausen with the 9th pick, he's automatically going to be far better than Losman, or any other crap QB we've had in the last 20 or so years.

Sorry, but with the Bills drafting #9, it's about time they shore up one of the spots on the team with a GREAT talent, not get a QB who is a borderline first round talent at best.

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 01:50 PM
You can't assume anyone for that matter will be great.
With better coaching maybe Clausen can be a good qb, just because RJ, Losman and Edwards didn't cut it you don't stop trying to find a qb.
I know know you can't win w/o one and i'm pretty confident we don't have that qb on the roster currently.
What we don't need is another outside position like wr, rb, or db at #9.

psubills62
03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
You can't assume anyone for that matter will be great.
With better coaching maybe Clausen can be a good qb, just because RJ, Losman and Edwards didn't cut it you don't stop trying to find a qb.
I know know you can't win w/o one and i'm pretty confident we don't have that qb on the roster currently.
What we don't need is another outside position like wr, rb, or db at #9.

Well, I personally prefer an OT at #9.

Again, I'd rather not risk a pick on someone who may or may not become better with coaching. I may be intrigued by Cortez, but I'm not confident enough in this coaching staff to say "yeah, let's draft a borderline first-round talent at 9 and hope he develops."

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 02:06 PM
" borderline" by whom ? You, other supposed experts on this board ?
He's a good qb w/potential.
And qb is the most important position on the field, so they have to take that chance and get the o-tackle in the 2nd rd.

I don't think he will be there anyways. Wash or Cleve.

psubills62
03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
" borderline" by whom ? You, other supposed experts on this board ?
He's a good qb w/potential.
And qb is the most important position on the field, so they have to take that chance and get the o-tackle in the 2nd rd.

I don't think he will be there anyways. Wash or Cleve.

By pretty much everyone who knows football.

I would be very happy if he went before #9.

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
By pretty much everyone who knows football.

I would be very happy if he went before #9.

Oh I see. They must be the same guys who didn't like Farve in rd.1, or Montana, or Brady. Whatever.

My point is he is a qb who has upside, plays the most important position and we don't have one.

DraftBoy
03-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh I see. They must be the same guys who didn't like Farve in rd.1, or Montana, or Brady. Whatever.

My point is he is a qb who has upside, plays the most important position and we don't have one.

Yes because those are exceptions rather than rules.

For every QB you can name who is a miss, I bet I can name one more who was a bust.

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes because those are exceptions rather than rules.

For every QB you can name who is a miss, I bet I can name one more who was a bust.

And you can tell by watching Clausen for three years in college he is gonna be a bust and doesn't desevre to go in rd.1 ??? I see. Please.

Akhippo
03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Why does Clausen remind me of Cade Mcnown though. He just has an unfounded aura that McNown seemed to have.

Philagape
03-23-2010, 03:53 PM

Funny examples ... Since none of them were drafted in the first round, they're arguments for why #9 doesn't have to be spent on a QB.

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 03:58 PM
You guys who want to draft rbs and wr's when you don't have a qb or o-line are clueless.

k-oneputt
03-23-2010, 04:01 PM
McNown had a poor arm. Actualy Lefevour reminds me of McNown.

better days
03-23-2010, 04:07 PM
You guys who want to draft rbs and wr's when you don't have a qb or o-line are clueless.
I for one would much rather draft a LT or DL than a RB, unless all the top players are gone at #9 & Spiller is there.

DraftBoy
03-23-2010, 04:27 PM
And you can tell by watching Clausen for three years in college he is gonna be a bust and doesn't desevre to go in rd.1 ??? I see. Please.

Four years technically I got to see him a few times in HS.

And no I dont have him as a first round prospect, but he isn't far out of it, I think he's 34th on my big board currently.

Im not saying he is going to be a bust but I do not think he will be a franchise signal caller though. Could I be wrong? Of course its happened before rarely but the point is you saying that its a joke that I dont see him a franchise savior when experts agree with me, but then clinging to those experts who say he will be. Where's the line exactly in that? Are those guys only right because they agree with you this time?

jamze132
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Yeah Pat, that makes sense. Al Davis is going to approve 2 QBs on his roster making over $50m.