• Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Clausen Article

• Patti120
    • Aug 2004

Re: Clausen Article

Interesting read. I am not a big Clausen fan and I don't really have anything to base this on other than the hatred I have due to the flops we've had at QB here over the years so this article does make you (or me anyway) have some belief in the guy. Sounds like he would be the QB who would transition easiest to the NFL and based upon the o-lines he's played behind etc., sounds like he'd fit right in with the Bills, lol.

With that said, I'm not saying that I think we should take him. I still think NT or LT are the more pressing needs.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I was talking to a guy this morning and we concluded this guy can go as high as #4 to Washington, be there for Buffalo at #9 and if he gets past Buffalo unless a team traded up for him, he could fall all the way down the draft board all the way down to #30 with the Vikings.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

But BTW, in my unpublished mock (too early for me to do one publicly), I actually have Oakland finally saying screw Russell and taking Clausen, a California native with the 8th pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I've seen that before. Problem is, it doesn't really address most of his problems on the field. Basically it blames everyone around him for any of the team's issues, etc., but doesn't address a lot of the negatives that people like Ingtar have pointed out about Clausen's play itself.

so i looked over a few highlights of Clausen's this year and have come to a few conclusions. 1) he has a long throwing motion, almost as long as Leftwich. It's deliberate and slow, it takes a very long time for the ball to leave his hand from the moment he makes up his mind to throw. 2) he throws with a 3/4 motion. He got
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
            I've seen that before. Problem is, it doesn't really address most of his problems on the field. Basically it blames everyone around him for any of the team's issues, etc., but doesn't address a lot of the negatives that people like Ingtar have pointed out about Clausen's play itself.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=183869
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

Scary pick at #9. In the words of Ingtar in the above referenced thread:
              "astronomically high bust potential." Thanks but no thanks.
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                But BTW, in my unpublished mock (too early for me to do one publicly), I actually have Oakland finally saying screw Russell and taking Clausen, a California native with the 8th pick.
                and in an uncapped year, it is something they can definitely do for far less of a hit than otherwise.

If agreement is reached for the 2011 season, then they are lumbered with Russell

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

If he fallls to #9 and the Bills pass on him, then they deserve to continue losing for another ten years.
                  He will be an above average NFL qb and the Bills currently do not even have an average qb on their team.
                  The off the field stuff is the typical jealous/hater bs that goes with a guy in his position, there have been far worse qb's off the field, one who was the Bills greatest qb ever.
                  I think the Bills will take him if he gets to #9 and get their ot and nt in the 2nd and 3rd rd's.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Pointless fluff piece, but well written.

I posted my comments on it in the other thread.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                      If he fallls to #9 and the Bills pass on him, then they deserve to continue losing for another ten years.
                      He will be an above average NFL qb and the Bills currently do not even have an average qb on their team.
                      The off the field stuff is the typical jealous/hater bs that goes with a guy in his position, there have been far worse qb's off the field, one who was the Bills greatest qb ever.
                      I think the Bills will take him if he gets to #9 and get their ot and nt in the 2nd and 3rd rd's.
                      That's exactly who I want with the #9 pick in the draft - an "above average" player
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by psubills62
                        That's exactly who I want with the #9 pick in the draft - an "above average" player
                        He's a QB. Get it QB.
                        You can't win w/o a QB.
                        An above average QB can win for you in the league. Garbage qb's like the Bills have had since Kelly have you picking in the top-10 every year. Who knows he could be a great qb but if you don't have one he is worth the shot.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

He's a QB. Get it QB.
                          You can't win w/o a QB.
                          An above average QB can win for you in the league. Garbage qb's like the Bills have had since Kelly have you picking in the top-10 every year. Who knows he could be a great qb but if you don't have one he is worth the shot.
                          What I don't understand is why people assume that if we take Clausen with the 9th pick, he's automatically going to be far better than Losman, or any other crap QB we've had in the last 20 or so years.

Sorry, but with the Bills drafting #9, it's about time they shore up one of the spots on the team with a GREAT talent, not get a QB who is a borderline first round talent at best.
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

You can't assume anyone for that matter will be great.
                            With better coaching maybe Clausen can be a good qb, just because RJ, Losman and Edwards didn't cut it you don't stop trying to find a qb.
                            I know know you can't win w/o one and i'm pretty confident we don't have that qb on the roster currently.
                            What we don't need is another outside position like wr, rb, or db at #9.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

You can't assume anyone for that matter will be great.
                              With better coaching maybe Clausen can be a good qb, just because RJ, Losman and Edwards didn't cut it you don't stop trying to find a qb.
                              I know know you can't win w/o one and i'm pretty confident we don't have that qb on the roster currently.
                              What we don't need is another outside position like wr, rb, or db at #9.
                              Well, I personally prefer an OT at #9.

Again, I'd rather not risk a pick on someone who may or may not become better with coaching. I may be intrigued by Cortez, but I'm not confident enough in this coaching staff to say "yeah, let's draft a borderline first-round talent at 9 and hope he develops."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X