PDA

View Full Version : A Purdue QB to consider?

kernowboy
03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Well this college has recently produced Drew Brees and to be honest Kyle Orton is currently a better QB than anything we currently have .... and I wouldn't be unhappy if McDaniels went with Quinn and Orton got released so we could pick him up but the latest guy behind center might be worth a look

Joey Elliott 6ft2, 216lbs, ran 4.60 on his pro day and has decent arm strength

Through for over 3,000yds with 22 TDs, 13 Ints and a completion of pct of 62%

Beat Ohio St (H) and Michigan (A) for the first time since 2000 and 1966 respectively.

Whilst like a lot of college QBs he's familiar with the shotgun, he's been working out extensively with Steve DeBerg since the end of season.

Only a single season starting but maybe something is there that Gailey can work with.

T-Long
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't put it past Gailey to work with a guy who he recruited

McBFLO
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Man, I enjoy your posts and everything, but you need to ease up on the "whilst's"... lol

DraftBoy
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
He's not really a draft able prospect. However he is an intriguing prospect.

He played his best football against his toughest competition. Look at his numbers v, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Northwestern.

ZAZusmc03
03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
He's not really a draft able prospect. However he is an intriguing prospect.

[b]He played his best football against his toughest competition. Look at his numbers v, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Northwestern.[/bold]

This is what is intriguing to me. If we could bring him in as an UDFA and let him compete with the other guys on the roster, it wouldn't be a waste. Any time a guy raises his game against better competition is a good sign.

TMu11
03-24-2010, 06:20 AM
This is what is intriguing to me. If we could bring him in as an UDFA and let him compete with the other guys on the roster, it wouldn't be a waste. Any time a guy raises his game against better competition is a good sign.

If at worst, Gailey could put the guy on the Practice Squad and see how he develops. Like you said, it COULDN'T be a waste.