PDA

View Full Version : Non Tackle Player Rankings at 9

Tourettes Guy
03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm just wondering what the consensus is around here, it seems to be coming up a lot.

Let's just say that in the draft coming up, a historic run on tackles happens early in the draft, and all 4 high ranked OT's are taken ahead of us.

If you had to pick a skill position player, who would it be?

I think mind would be Dez.

T-Long
03-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Jimmy Clausen hands down.

Tourettes Guy
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Jimmy Clausen hands down.

Assuming he'd be gone. I'd say the 8 picks before would be Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Clausen and the 4 highest ranked OT's. So you've got Eric Berry, Spiller, Dez, Kindle, McClain, Haden etc.

Bryant would probably be shaky until we got a WR, and Evans will be as old as Derrick Mason by the time we're relevant, but Bryant could be a stud WR for years to come. I remember thinking Arizona was picking too many WR's back in the day.

Lefty2985
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
clausen

T-Long
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I would take Spiller then. Too many red flags on Bryant in my opinion

PECKERWOOD
03-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Spiller

Jaybird
03-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Bryant

Dying_-2-_Live
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
If Clausen is gone... Bryant or Morgan

SirMcGee
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Spiller doesn't fill a need.

Dez Bryant hands down.

T-Long
03-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Spiller doesn't fill a need.

Dez Bryant hands down.
Bryant didn't play last year, and he reminds me of another T.O. or Brandon Marshall. I sense that this guy is a trouble maker and not what the Bills are looking for, whether they fill a need there or not.

Don't Panic
03-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Bryant didn't play last year, and he reminds me of another T.O. or Brandon Marshall. I sense that this guy is a trouble maker and not what the Bills are looking for, whether they fill a need there or not.

Agreed. I would go Dan Williams and fill a major need.

Tourettes Guy
03-23-2010, 08:50 PM
The fact that Dez is repped by Eugene Parker scares me away.

I'd feel like I was reaching on Dan Williams, there could be better players available.

I'd probably have to go Spiller. Fred is 30 in a year.

SirMcGee
03-23-2010, 09:00 PM

LOL...You say this about Bryant but want Clausen.

Enough said.

You wouldn't take a talent like Bryant because you're afraid he'd be a prima donna WR? Give me a break dude.

SirMcGee
03-23-2010, 09:01 PM
The fact that Dez is repped by Eugene Parker scares me away.

I'd feel like I was reaching on Dan Williams, there could be better players available.

I'd probably have to go Spiller. Fred is 30 in a year.

Fred is 30 with not much mileage. There's a difference.

YardRat
03-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Trade down.

JCBills
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Try to trade back regardless of who's on the board.

PECKERWOOD
03-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Agreed. I would go Dan Williams and fill a major need.

He isn't a bad option, either.

So long as we don't reach, there are good players who will be there.

psubills62
03-23-2010, 09:36 PM
The options I'd look at would be:

CJ Spiller
Trade down
Dan Williams
Sergio Kindle

BillsWin
03-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Assuming all the top LT's are gone, Bradford and Clausen are off the board and the two top defensive tackles are gone:

In this order:

(Trade Down)
or
Bryant
Spiller
Williams
McClain
Berry

I am really starting to lean towards Clausen at nine now. Its time to change the face of Bills' quarterbacks. I'm sick of trying to pass backups for starters in Buffalo. We need "our guy". If Buddy thinks that is Clausen, then I support that.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-24-2010, 04:16 AM
brandon graham....

kernowboy
03-24-2010, 04:24 AM
My concern about drafting Clausen is my opinion that potentially one of the best QBs since Peyton Manning may declare next year, certainly the best since the Top3 in 2004.

Andrew Luck, Stanford.

I see him coming out because, I don't see how any analysis cannot see him as a Round 1 pick, and he will also look at what happened to Sam Bradford who could have ruined his pro career by not declaring after his sophmore season in 2009, when he might have fought Stafford to be overall No1, and then getting injured. Whilst he might be No1 this year, its been a close run thing. If Harbaugh goes to the pros after next year, so will Luck and he has everything you look for in a franchise QB

1) Size - 6ft4, 235lbs
2) Arm strength - enough for the Ralph
3) Experience - has played in a Pro Style offence so in fact will have more 'pro' like experience than Bradford has
4) Bloodlines - his old man was a NFL QB
5) Footballing intelligence

One college coach has already said he's potentially the best prospect he's seen since Brett Favre.

Clausen has a polarising impression on different coaches and experts - I'd rather this franchises future be in the hands of a guy everyone universally wants.

And if that means giving up picks to move up for him next year, then it would be a good investment.

TMu11
03-24-2010, 06:06 AM
I'd take Mcclain. With our new 3-4 conversion we are devoid of any real LBs (except Poz) There is no reason to draft Bryant at that pick if we still don't have a QB to get him the ball. (See: T.O , Evans)