X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills want QBs sorted out by draft

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Up until this week, the Buffalo Bills' front office didn't have much to say. In a couple of news conferences, new general manager Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey couldn't provide much of a roster analysis, repeatedly citing their "evaluation process" to learn what material they have to work with.

Now their ideas are starting to emerge.

Gailey gabbed between bites of muffin at an AFC coaches breakfast Tuesday morning. The get-together was part of the NFL owners meetings at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes.

I've already posted on some of Gailey's thoughts, including his interest in drafting a scatback and his thoughts on University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Up until this week, the Buffalo Bills' front office didn't have much to say. In a couple of news conferences, new general manager Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey couldn't provide much of a roster analysis, repeatedly citing their "evaluation process" to learn what material they have to work with.
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills want QBs sorted out by draft

I don't understand how our quarterback situation is going to resolve itself prior to the draft, unless he means the first minicamp, which I find doubtful. Sounds like coach-speak at this time of the year.

There's not a ton of useful info in that article since we know everything stated, except that Gailey was 'relatively' impressed with Bell at LT.
    Last edited by Dicknoze69; 03-23-2010, 10:32 PM.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• homeslice5484
      • Jul 2008

better not be Trent

Comment

• homeslice5484
        • Jul 2008

how can you have a fair competition based on mini camps in shorts?

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

It would have been nice if Tim posted the question he actually asked him...

Gailey's answer could mean anything from deciding on the starter before the draft or deciding who will compete for the starting position before the draft. Judging from previous statements though i think the latter makes more sense.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Defensive front seven: Gailey declined to name starters or designate a nose tackle, but he sketched out who will play where in the new 3-4 defense. On the defensive line, he listed Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams. At inside linebacker, he named Andra Davis, Paul Posluszny and Kawika Mitchell. At outside linebacker, he names Chris Ellis, Chris Kelsay, Aaron Maybin and Schobel.
            Hopefully now people will stop saying "WE DON'T NEED AN OLB MITCHELL IS AN LOLB OMFGSDFHSKB"

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Intrigued by Bell at left tackle: Many looked at Demetrius Bell's season at left tackle and saw a train wreck. Gailey was shocked at how well Bell performed relative to how raw he was coming out of Northwestern State. But it sounded like Gailey viewed Bell as more as a work in progressed than a genuine NFL left tackle.

"I was shocked at how well he played because I watched him just like everybody else did and said 'That guy is a loooong way away' when he was coming out and being drafted," Gailey said. "I was impressed with how he played last year. Everything's relative. I was impressed because of where he was compared to where I thought he would be, not because he's a seasoned pro, ready to take on the world and be an All-Pro player. But I was impressed with how far he'd come."

When asked how Bell looks as a reliable left tackle, Gailey was tempered.

"Got a lot of work to do, but has a lot of ability and a chance to get there," he said.
              Translation: Jamon Meredith Buffalo Bills LT 2010

Lol but seriously....

Say with our OL coach's ties to Saffold, we take him in the 2nd. Camp battle boils down to Meredith/Saffold. Loser plays RT. Would anyone be pissed?

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JCBills

Lol but seriously....

Say with our OL coach's ties to Saffold, we take him in the 2nd. Camp battle boils down to Meredith/Saffold. Loser plays RT. Would anyone be pissed?
                Not entirely, although I'd much rather see a battle between Meredith and Bulaga or Meredith and Trent Williams.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Blame Canada
                  • Jan 2010

Lol but seriously....

Cornell Green is going to be the starting Right Tackle, you can take that to the bank.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Lol but seriously....

I'd be pissed, because that would mean we wasted money on Green.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

Lol but seriously....

The loser of the LT becomes the back-up LT period. You've got to keep the guys somewhat stable.

Comment

Working...
                      X