03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
PLEASE GET HIM BUDDY!!!

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM
:puke:

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM
:puke:
What did you look at our current QBs on this roster?

The King
03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
I say no to Jimmy Pickle.

I am dead serious. No opener for me if they sign this homo.

http://cdn.guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/jimmy-clausen.jpg

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 08:46 AM
What did you look at our current QBs on this roster?

Our current QBs suck, that doesn't mean I want another bust on the team.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM

They wouldn't sign him. They would Draft him Michaell.

The King
03-24-2010, 08:49 AM
They wouldn't sign him. They would Draft him Michaell.They can draft him as long as he doesnt sign a contract with us. Draft him and trade his ass. I dont want this douche on the team.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't think he will be a bust. Difference of opinion.

I have gone back and watched ton of film from this guy. He has a quick release, good arm strength, is VERY accurate, takes hits to make throws, is tough, and comes from a pro style offense.

Any player can be a bust at any position. This kid seems to me to be the most NFL Ready QB coming out.

What do you base your "doesn't mean I want another bust on the team" opinion on?

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't think he will be a bust. Difference of opinion.

I have gone back and watched ton of film from this guy. He has a quick release, good arm strength, is VERY accurate, takes hits to make throws, is tough, and comes from a pro style offense.

Any player can be a bust at any position. This kid seems to me to be the most NFL Ready QB coming out.

What do you base your "doesn't mean I want another bust on the team" opinion on?

I base it on the fact that I think he will be a bust, therefore I don't want him in Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
They can draft him as long as he doesnt sign a contract with us. Draft him and trade his ass. I dont want this douche on the team.
I just don't get it. I don't personally know any players in the NFL and I am thankful. I bet I would hate almost all of their ****y attitudes. WHO CARES? I want good QB play.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
I base it on the fact that I think he will be a bust, therefore I don't want him in Buffalo.
WHY do you think he will be a bust? Just a hunch or do you have something more to offer on that opinion?

BlackMetalNinja
03-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I knew who created this thread without even looking at anything but the title... You can count me on the bandwagon for wanting absolutely nothing to do with Clausen.

Pinkerton Security
03-24-2010, 08:53 AM

http://www.notredamesucks.org/clausen.jpg

NOT THE DUDE...
03-24-2010, 08:55 AM
he will be a good qb, id take him.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 09:06 AM
WHY do you think he will be a bust? Just a hunch or do you have something more to offer on that opinion?

Just a hunch.

I'd be happier with a vet QB for now while the other issues get worked out.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-24-2010, 09:08 AM
I understand he looks like a douche but if he puts the ball in the endzone then he's our douche. If he puts points on the board and wins us games I have no problem with Clausen.

The King
03-24-2010, 09:10 AM

That's where I am with this as well. It's going to take about 40 other upgrades to make this team competitive. Let's get this team on solid ground first and worry about upgrading a qb through FA or trade with a lesser draft pick than #9.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I knew who created this thread without even looking at anything but the title... You can count me on the bandwagon for wanting absolutely nothing to do with Clausen.
Ok why?

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Just a hunch.

Ok because the physical evidence points more towards success than a bust.

What Vet QB?

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2010, 09:25 AM
So he can killed because the Bills OTs are extremely crappy?

Try and draft a big guy at #9 (OT or DT or if they are gone take McClain). If they must take a QB this year, take LeFevour (sp?) in the 3rd.

Ron Burgundy
03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
I've never had much luck projecting QBs in the NFL, so I'll leave it to the experts, or at least the Bills. But we definitely need a quarterback.

Whether Clausen is the guy or not, I don't know. I'm just not a fan because Notre Dame is stupid and Charlie Weis is fat.

The King
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Thurm pulling for Pickle is like pulling for a PS3.... :ill:

SABURZFAN
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Thurm pulling for Pickle is like pulling for a PS3.... :ill:

sounds like Thurm is pulling his pickle for Clausen. i'm sure posts #4 and #13, in this thread, has him pulling it even harder.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 10:09 AM
So he can killed because the Bills OTs are extremely crappy?

Try and draft a big guy at #9 (OT or DT or if they are gone take McClain). If they must take a QB this year, take LeFevour (sp?) in the 3rd.
This lame argument again... Don't remember any of our QBs last year getting "killed"

The Edwards concussion was a broken play where he should have gotten rid of the ball anyways and really wasn't even that hard of a hit. Trent is obviously concussion prone after he was DESTROYED 2 years ago in Arizona with our "ALL PRO" Peters at LT.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
sounds like Thurm is pulling his pickle for Clausen. i'm sure posts #4 and #13, in this thread, has him pulling it even harder.
Can't we just talk seriously about this topic.

I AM DEAD SET ON GETTING A FRANCHISE QB.

SABURZFAN
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM

I'M DEAD SET THINKING CLAUSEN IS NOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2010, 10:28 AM
no thank you. don't want no arrogant notre dame ******* quarterback. oh yeah, and he sucks.

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM

where did you find this queer ass photo? that makes me dislike him even more.

The King
03-24-2010, 10:33 AM
where did you find this queer ass photo? that makes me dislike him even more.It's like the top search on google images.

Night Train
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Those are the best pickles. I prefer the spears over the whole dill.

bigbry
03-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Then look elsewhere.
But I hope you get your wish.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
no thank you. don't want no arrogant notre dame ******* quarterback. oh yeah, and he sucks.

I understand why people think he's a douche but really how does he suck. Good arm, tough, accurate and his stats back him up.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
I'M DEAD SET THINKING CLAUSEN IS NOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is fine.

Why though. No one has explained that.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
where did you find this queer ass photo? that makes me dislike him even more.
Do you idiots really think that is Clausen and not a photoshop?

Luisito23
03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
The OP also wants some ass...Doesn't mean it's gonna happen though.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Not to defend Clausen, because its well know I dont like him as a pro prospect.

But the last time we drafted a ***** QB coming out of college, he turned out to be a HOF.

kernowboy
03-24-2010, 11:05 AM

So why do you want Clausen then? He won't be a franchise QB in this league. Rather than panic why not fix other elements of the roster, and maybe draft a surer prospect or not waste such a high pick.

When the likes of Holmgren express doubts you know the term 'franchise' is being thrown around too easily

TacklingDummy
03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
And if he's not a bust then the Bills will look like fools again.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM

You can say that about any prospect.

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Not to defend Clausen, because its well know I dont like him as a pro prospect.

But the last time we drafted a ***** QB coming out of college, he turned out to be a HOF.

Many said JP was a ***** before the draft.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 11:09 AM

I'll take my chances on that one.

TacklingDummy
03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
maybe draft a surer prospect or not waste such a high pick.

You mean like Whitner, McKelvin, Lynch, McCargo, and Maybin?

Time will tell if Clausen will be a bust or not. If the Bills don't take a chance they will never find a franchise QB because every rookie has bust potential.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Many said JP was a ***** before the draft.

True, and good point.

Ok 1 for 2 then.

Point still is though just because the guy is a douche (and Jimmy is) doesnt mean he won't be successful.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM

He had a coaching staff and general manager who utilized his skills correctly and surrounded him with a great supporting cast.

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Time will tell if Clausen will be a bust or not. If the Bills don't take a chance they will never find a franchise QB because every rookie has bust potential.

McKelvin is hardly a bust. Neither is Lynch. And while I hated the Maybin pick it is way too soon to call him a bust.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM

After sitting through the Losman and Edwards era, do you really want to take that chance to go through it again?

kernowboy
03-24-2010, 11:17 AM

I mean future QB prospects.

The opinions on Clausen range significantly - fans, pundits even coaches either love him or don't.

If I'm spending $50m on a rookie, I'd prefer there to be universal agreement that someone will be a franchise star even though that might not prevent him being a bust.

For example even though Adrian Peterson lasted until No7, I don't think any coach didn't think he'd be a franchise back and a can't miss prospect.

No-one is saying Clausen is can't miss - and his high value in this draft is simply because the position he plays carries a high value.

Take away the value of the QB position, and I don't think he's in the Top20 of players in this draft based on the Best Player Available approach.

TacklingDummy
03-24-2010, 11:17 AM
McKelvin is hardly a bust. Neither is Lynch.

For high 1st round picks they are busts. McKelvin his rookie year was nothing special, his 2nd year was injured. Lynch: injured his first 2 years, suspended his 3rd year, barley broke 1000 yards his first 2 years. Yes, they are busts.

Maybin did nothing his 1st year and most likely won't amount to crap this year.

TacklingDummy
03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
After sitting through the Losman and Edwards era, do you really want to take that chance to go through it again?
Since the Bills won't be a good team without a QB, yes I would take the gamble until it finally pays off.

HAMMER
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
True, and good point.

Ok 1 for 2 then.

Point still is though just because the guy is a douche (and Jimmy is) doesnt mean he won't be successful.

Out of curiosity, how do you KNOW he is a douche?

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
i'm taking a dump because that's what i think about clausen.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
For high 1st round picks they are busts. McKelvin his rookie year was nothing special, his 2nd year was injured. Lynch: injured his first 2 years, suspended his 3rd year, barley broke 1000 yards his first 2 years. Yes, they are busts.

Maybin did nothing his 1st year and most like won't amount to crap this year.

I won't argue the first paragraph but I'd say let's at least give this year to Maybin before we declare him a bust. He could very well break out working in a 3-4.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Out of curiosity, how do you KNOW he is a douche?

Spoken to him once briefly, I know a few people in the admin who know him and in speaking with scouts and other draft people who Im comfortable believe the general consensus is that he is a very arrogant player. That doesn't mean anything though.

Peyton Manning was an arrogant QB coming out, look at what he said to Indy in their private meeting.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
So why do you want Clausen then? He won't be a franchise QB in this league. Rather than panic why not fix other elements of the roster, and maybe draft a surer prospect or not waste such a high pick.

Why won't he be a Franchise QB? Explain please.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
i'm taking a dump because that's what i think about clausen.
I have no problems with this if you would actually explain your position.

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
i wish i had a good reason. i just don't like arrogant a**holes and he reeks of arrogance.

kernowboy
03-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Why won't he be a Franchise QB? Explain please.

Because too many people have too many doubts about him.

He reminds me too much of the Losman pick.

And his inability to win an important game is a crucial consideration for me.

If we select him, it means passing on future prospects available in the next couple of years who I think will end up being better.

Clausen had the advantage of reasonable college line and very talented receivers at Notre Dame which he won't find here.

Unlike what was said earlier, for a rookie it is beyond vital for there to be a stable OL in place but at the moment we can only be certain of two of the 5 positions. Clausen, or any other QB will buckle under that pressure, and considering here may be better prospects in 2011, I see little point in drafting a player with the R1 picks so he can ride the pine.

Clausen might be a good player but he is overrated because of the value placed on the position. Using BPA he wouldn't be in the Top20.

I want a Top10 pick spend on a player where there is greater consensus that the player taken will be superb and I don't see that in Clausen.

HAMMER
03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Spoken to him once briefly, I know a few people in the admin who know him and in speaking with scouts and other draft people who Im comfortable believe the general consensus is that he is a very arrogant player. That doesn't mean anything though.

Peyton Manning was an arrogant QB coming out, look at what he said to Indy in their private meeting.

Arrogance is not douchiness, as you have stated, some of the best are arrogant. Don't you want a confident leader? I guess we could just stick with Edwards and his pussified ways. People like to knock down the golden boys just because.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Arrogance is not douchiness, as you have stated, some of the best are arrogant. Don't you want a confident leader? I guess we could just stick with Edwards and his pussified ways. People like to knock down the golden boys just because.

As Ive said in this thread now three times. Im not knocking Jimmy for being arrogant. I want certain positions (QB, WR, RB, CB, LB) to have a certain swagger to them to begin with. My issue is with his play not his attitude.

As to the bolded part, I want you to remember that. I recall a number of occasions when you have mentioned my own arrogance. Im not saying Im the best, and Im not saying you're saying that, but if the shoe fits...and yes that was too easy.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
i wish i had a good reason. i just don't like arrogant a**holes and he reeks of arrogance.
You didn't like Jim Kelly, John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Etc etc?

Nighthawk
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
There are absolutely ZERO people on this board who can say for certain that he will be a bust. Can we please stop using that one??? If you don't like him and don't want him, just state that, but please stop making an ass out of yourself by saying that "you know he will be a bust".

BillsWin
03-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I am starting to want Clausen just for some change.

I'm sick of trying to pass backups for starters. If Buddy and Chan think Clausen is "their guy" I would support the Clausen pick with enthusiasm. To be honest, I think he does have a bright future.

I just hope that if we pick him, we provide him protection.

THATHURMANATOR
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM
I am starting to want Clausen just for some change.

I'm sick of trying to pass backups for starters. If Buddy and Chan think Clausen is "their guy" I would support the Clausen pick with enthusiasm. To be honest, I think he does have a bright future.

I just hope that if we pick him, we provide him protection.
Agreed!

T-Long
03-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Enjoy this Clausen haters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgGpMhNb4E

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Enjoy this Clausen haters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgGpMhNb4E

A bunch of screens and checkdowns with his longest throw for about 50 yards. Many of the yards came after the catch.

I blame the collegiate defense. Wait til Clausen plays against a well-established D that will pick him apart.

I'm not impressed.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I didn't watch the video but I'm sure it's just a highlight reel made by a fan.

Just for the record, I could probably make one of J.P. Losman if I wanted to.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Just for the record, I could probably make one of J.P. Losman if I wanted to.

Even a broken clock is correct two times a day. He's had a few gems in his day in the NFL.

ZAZusmc03
03-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd rather start Brohm this year after a full offseason learning the system and draft a qb in a late round. Give Brohm his shot this season while we address our other holes early in the draft. Rather have a solid Defense and a solid O line first. Run the ball this season and worry about qb later.

kernowboy
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-LNTMYn50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol_I_g_jeGs

Wait until 2011 or 2012

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I'd rather start Brohm this year after a full offseason learning the system and draft a qb in a late round. Give Brohm his shot this season while we address our other holes early in the draft. Rather have a solid Defense and a solid O line first. Run the ball this season and worry about qb later.

Our strongest spot on Offense the past few years has been running due to not having an established QB.

Without a strong O-line we can't do either effectively enough to be a threat.

ZAZusmc03
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Our strongest spot on Offense the past few years has been running due to not having an established QB.

Without a strong O-line we can't do either effectively enough to be a threat.

Exactly why I would like to see us shore up the oline first to effectively run the ball. And defense next to ensure the other teams offense doesn't hang a ton of points.

Bill Cody
03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
That is fine.

Why though. No one has explained that.

He's had pro level coaching yet he almost always throws to his right, like 98% according to Ingtar. How long will it take BB to defend against a QB like that?

I would give Philadelphia a call on Kevin Kolb, offer a 3rd and a 5th. He's already gone through the "wow this is harder than college" phase and might succeed year 1 instead of sucking for 2 years with a hoped payoff in year 3 for a Clausen.

We cannot keep drafting 1st round busts/near busts/might be busts. We've got more busts than a ladies clothing window on 5th avenue. Enough already with the busts! Let's take a f'n solid tackle like Bulaga and a LB in the 2nd and move this team forward.

BTW, pretty sure Clausen favors the immediate lifting of the "don't ask don't tell" rule.:teary:

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
He's had pro level coaching yet he almost always throws to his right, like 98% according to Ingtar. How long will it take BB to defend against a QB like that?

I would give Philadelphia a call on Kevin Kolb, offer a 3rd and a 5th. He's already gone through the "wow this is harder than college" phase and might succeed year 1 instead of sucking for 2 years with a hoped payoff in year 3 for a Clausen.

We cannot keep drafting 1st round busts/near busts/might be busts. We've got more busts than a ladies clothing window on 5th avenue. Enough already with the busts! Let's take a f'n solid tackle like Bulaga and a LB in the 2nd and move this team forward.

BTW, pretty sure Clausen favors the immediate lifting of the "don't ask don't tell" rule.:teary:

Kolb has a huge price tag attached to him. No way does a 3rd and 5th get him out of Philly.

better days
03-24-2010, 01:49 PM
There are absolutely ZERO people on this board who can say for certain that he will be a bust. Can we please stop using that one??? If you don't like him and don't want him, just state that, but please stop making an ass out of yourself by saying that "you know he will be a bust".

Agreed, & in the same respect ZERO people on this board can say for certain that Tim Tebow will be a bust. He may be better in the long run than both Bradford & Clausen.

HAMMER
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
As Ive said in this thread now three times. Im not knocking Jimmy for being arrogant. I want certain positions (QB, WR, RB, CB, LB) to have a certain swagger to them to begin with. My issue is with his play not his attitude.

As to the bolded part, I want you to remember that. I recall a number of occasions when you have mentioned my own arrogance. Im not saying Im the best, and Im not saying you're saying that, but if the shoe fits...and yes that was too easy.

Now this is douchiness, and arrogance.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Agreed, & in the same respect ZERO people on this board can say for certain that Tim Tebow will be a bust. He may be better in the long run than both Bradford & Clausen.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/omeganole/tebowcryingposter.jpg

WeAreArthurMoates
03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
A bunch of screens and checkdowns with his longest throw for about 50 yards. Many of the yards came after the catch.

I blame the collegiate defense. Wait til Clausen plays against a well-established D that will pick him apart.

I'm not impressed.

Ya let's ignore all the out and seam patterns. It is a good way to support your arguement.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Ya let's ignore all the out and seam patterns. It is a good way to support your arguement.

That video didn't prove to me that Clausen is better than any other QB coming into the league this season.

He did his job. He completed passes. Calm down.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-24-2010, 02:17 PM
That video didn't prove to me that Clausen is better than any other QB coming into the league this season.

He did his job. He completed passes. Calm down.

Point taken, I was just saying though he looked good on those passes, that's what NFL qb's need to make. He's not my first choice but I have no problem taking him as long as we get a tackle early on.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
My main problem with evaluations of collegeiate QBs is that college ball and the NFL are two different worlds.

Many of the big throws and such that collegiate players can produce may not always be successful against established, professional defenses.

Bill Cody
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Kolb has a huge price tag attached to him. No way does a 3rd and 5th get him out of Philly.

You might be right. But they've already backed off their demand for a 1st. I think Philly is getting itchy. A QB is going to get dealt there and soon. A fairly high 3rd and 5th is not a ridiculous offer but I'm open to negotiations. I just don't want to move our 1st 2 picks. How about a 3rd plus Lynch?

BuffaloBlitz83
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I want Bradford!!!!!!!

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
You didn't like Jim Kelly, John Elway, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Etc etc?

you got me there. jim kelly was the same way. we'll see how the draft goes. whoever they draft i'll be forced to like because they'll be on my team.

BillsWin
03-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I want Bradford!!!!!!!

I do too, but I doubt we move up to get him... :sadwalk:

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh I would prefer Bradford but I assume he is out of reach.

kernowboy
03-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd prefer Andrew Luck but that will require patience

DraftBoy
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I'd prefer Andrew Luck but that will require patience

2 years of it.

Ground Chuck
03-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Gil Brandt on sirius NFL radio today said Clausen is a franchise QB.

scartown
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I like Clausen over Bradford.

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 03:31 AM
2 years of it.

Whilst I think you know it won't happen, it will happen at some point in the future.

Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn and Brian Brohm all made a huge mistake by not declaring right away and dropped in the draft.

Bradford got away with it but only because he virtually sat out the season. He got injured in his junior year and put his No1 status in question ... at some point he wasn't even in the Top10.

Locker went back because despite some thinking he could be No1 overall, he was only given a 3rd round grade which is a bit of a joke.

If Luck declares next year, even as a sophmore, he'll be a Top5 pick and if Harbaugh moves on, he and his old man will think very long and hard about declaring.

DraftBoy
03-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Whilst I think you know it won't happen, it will happen at some point in the future.

Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn and Brian Brohm all made a huge mistake by not declaring right away and dropped in the draft.

Bradford got away with it but only because he virtually sat out the season. He got injured in his junior year and put his No1 status in question ... at some point he wasn't even in the Top10.

Locker went back because despite some thinking he could be No1 overall, he was only given a 3rd round grade which is a bit of a joke.

If Luck declares next year, even as a sophmore, he'll be a Top5 pick and if Harbaugh moves on, he and his old man will think very long and hard about declaring.

I dont have Luck as a top QB in 2011 or 2012 class right now. I have him as tops in 2013, but you are ignoring all the other prospects to fit your high opinion of Luck. The 2011 class is stacked, and honestly he'd be stupid to come out. I dont think he's a top 5 pick right now (nor is Locker). He has a lot of work to do in evolving his game, reading defenses, making smart decisions (not just in throwing the ball), knowing when to get rid of the ball, and when to throw it away. Potentially its all there, but its not all complete yet or really all that close.

Then in 2012 you're looking at guys like Nick Foles (Arizona), Blaine Gabbart (Missouri), Ryan Lindley (San Diego St), Kellen Moore (Boise St), Jacory Harris (Miami), GJ Kinne (Tulsa), Ryan Mallet (Arkansas), and Terrell Pryor (Ohio St) to name a few who are either true or RS Sophmores who are just as good, or better potential wise than Luck.

You're going to see him potentially in 2012, but I wouldnt want to see him till 2013, I have him ranked as my #1 QB prospect in that class.

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 08:33 AM
But DB, I think there will be GMs who will take him based on two seasons, like Sanchez who I think only started 16 games yet was in the Top 5 picks. And if Bradford had declared as a sophmore he could easily have challenged Stafford.

Whilst I know there are a number of prospects available next year, or guys like Mallett, Gabbert and Pryor who may come out as a junior, Luck has the advantage of playing in a pro-style offense and being the sort of 'traditional' drop back passer that GMs like.

As every coach and commentator I have read has praised his football intelligence and ability to change plays already in Harbaugh's offence - I heard Harbaugh now gives him a choice and lets him decide - I think he will go much higher based on potential.

And then it comes down to the fact that a number of his targets are going to graduate earlier than him as well as the OL, he may look at the financial risk of staying in school and being injured.

methos4ever
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
The thing to me with Clausen, franchise QB or not I cannot tell you. But I can tell you watching him that even when Floyd went down with injury Golden Tate and his near unstoppable ability to get yards after any catch made him look quite good. I saw him in person during the Pitt ND game and while I was surprised by the strength of some of his throws compared to TV, I was blown away by how quick and sudden Tate was.

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 09:16 AM
and Draftboy, some of the guys you mention are disadvantaged compared to Luck.

Some don't play in a pro-style offense like Gabbert, whilst others have size issues which will mean they will drop rapidly - I mean Moore is only 6ft whilst Harris is way under 200lbs. Some are considered more athletes than QBs like Pryor, whilst others like Mallett and Foles are at their second schools.

I think teams looking for QB will struggle to justify not drafting Luck at the top of the draft whenever he declares.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I can't believe we should be waiting around for a guy that was a freshman last year....

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 09:55 AM
and I cannot believe we are possibly thinking of panicking and spending a pick on a guy who won't be a franchise QB - lumbering the franchise with an albatross.

better days
03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Gil Brandt on sirius NFL radio today said Clausen is a franchise QB.

While I am not a fan of Clausen, I heard Mel Kiper say the other day that he thought Clausen would turn out to be a better QB than Bradford.