2011 QB prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 QB prospects

With there being a possibility of the team going with the existing group of QBs on the roster and looking at the lines as a priority, what prospects would we want the team to consider in Round1 of 2011 especially as I think we will be drafting in the first 18picks on Day1.

Is there a prospect we'd consider moving up for even if it meant giving up our R1' 2012 pick?

What juniors or even sophmores might declare? For me Bradford missed most of his junior season so is really only a sophmore anyway. Considering his injury as a junior, I wonder if some guys might not risk going back to school if they carry a R1 projection.

As I think Buddy will need to have at least two drafts to get us to the playoffs, its worth doing a little thinking ahead.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: 2011 QB prospects

I think right now all of the potential top prospects need quite a bit of work and seasoning. Right now there isn't anyone I'd be determined to move up for. The good thing about next year is that there are a lot more QB's who have the potential for a first-round grade (unlike this year).

I agree it's worth thinking ahead. Considering the # of QB's that will probably be in the 2011 draft, as well as the potential stars at WR next year (AJ Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, etc.), I almost wonder if the team is looking to really fill those positions next year as well.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Based on his freshman year, Andrew Luck, could be seriously big prospect. He could well declare for the 2011 draft especially if Harbaugh leaves. He'll have as much experience as Bradford has and will have learnt in a pro-style offence unlike Bradford.

With his bloodlines, size, arm strength and football intelligence if he continues his progression he is a seriously scary prospect.

I've read one coach say he's the best prospect since Peyton Manning and another suggesting the best since Brett Favre.

Heady praise indeed.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
        Based on his freshman year, Andrew Luck, could be seriously big prospect. He could well declare for the 2011 draft especially if Harbaugh leaves. He'll have as much experience as Bradford has and will have learnt in a pro-style offence unlike Bradford.

With his bloodlines, size, arm strength and football intelligence if he continues his progression he is a seriously scary prospect.

I've read one coach say he's the best prospect since Peyton Manning and another suggesting the best since Brett Favre.

Heady praise indeed.
        I've seen you mention him several times, and I'll be paying attention to him this year, especially now that Gerhart is gone.

Like I said, there are a lot of guys who need work, but it's possible we could end up drafting someone like Locker, Mallett, or even Pat Devlin. I'm hoping Devlin's stock will end up like Flacco's, mainly since I don't think we'll be drafting in the top 5. Of course, anything's possible.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Of course it depends who finishes below us and whether they have a QB need.

Teams like the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Bears, and maybe Redskins etc won't need a QB and could well priortise other positions.

I could easily see 3 WR going in the Top7 which will have a knock on effect on other positions.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Slow down we already have 3 or 4 other threads about the potential QB heavy 2011 class in this forum.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by psubills62
              I think right now all of the potential top prospects need quite a bit of work and seasoning. Right now there isn't anyone I'd be determined to move up for. The good thing about next year is that there are a lot more QB's who have the potential for a first-round grade (unlike this year).

I agree it's worth thinking ahead. Considering the # of QB's that will probably be in the 2011 draft, as well as the potential stars at WR next year (AJ Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, etc.), I almost wonder if the team is looking to really fill those positions next year as well.
              Aside from Locker & one or two others can you name a few of these many QB's with potential, I don't see it. I think next years class will be much like this years. One guy then MAYBE a 2nd guy a bit further down then a steep drop off.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                • Nov 2005

I remember them saying that about Ryan Perrilloux, too. I wonder if he could be had in the first round?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                  I remember them saying that about Ryan Perrilloux, too. I wonder if he could be had in the first round?
                  except Luck doesn't have the remotest hint of a character flag at all - in fact he needs to be forced out of the video room

And with an old man who was also a NFL QB he's far removed from Perrilloux

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

except Luck doesn't have the remotest hint of a character flag at all - in fact he needs to be forced out of the video room

Do you know how many RS-Sophmores have left school early for the NFL draft?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                      • Nov 2005

So? Favre was (is?) a drunken pill-popper and Peyton molests collies.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

was favre a hot prospect coming out of college? wasn't he a mid round atlanta pick who went practice squad to the packers?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          was favre a hot prospect coming out of college? wasn't he a mid round atlanta pick who went practice squad to the packers?
                          Picked by Atlanta and drank himself off the team. He partied almost every night and routinely showed up to practice and team meetings hungover and late.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            He was a second rounder, and he would have gone high in the first but he was in a really bad car accident. I've never seen this confirmed, but I assume he was high on meth at the time.

I mean, it is Mississippi.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                              H to the 12:20
                              • Jul 2002

It seems to me that every year there are people saying that there aren't any worthy QBs in the draft and next year's prospects are better...until the next year roles around and the same argument repeats itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X