X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I'm so tried of the QB threads here!

I'm still trying to understand why everyone thinks that if we address QB the team is automatically fixed.

The reason that teams like Miami, NY and Atlanta had improvements with changes at QB was because improvements had been made on the their enitre rosters including the o-line specifically.

This idea that McNabb is going to show up and make Evans, Hardy, Parrish, and Johnosn into something more than terrible behind one of the worst lines in football is laughable.

This team needs to draft for the o-line and hope that we get some WR help during FA or via trade, etc.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: I'm so tried of the QB threads here!

Says the Edwards fan.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      I'm still trying to understand why everyone thinks that if we address QB the team is automatically fixed.

The reason that teams like Miami, NY and Atlanta had improvements with changes at QB was because improvements had been made on the their enitre rosters including the o-line specifically.

This idea that McNabb is going to show up and make Evans, Hardy, Parrish, and Johnosn into something more than terrible behind one of the worst lines in football is laughable.

This team needs to draft for the o-line and hope that we get some WR help during FA or via trade, etc.
      Pretty sure the Atlanta drafted Ryan who is a special QB, Sanchez in NY and the Phins had Pennington playing real well for them all the way to the playoffs last year.

Many ppl will criticize Sanchez, but simply put, I don't think they would have done what they did with Kellen Clemens.
      Last edited by Mahdi; 03-24-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Not sure we could win with Fitz under center if the other team had to count to "5 Mississippi" before they rushed.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
          Many ppl will criticize Sanchez, but simply put, I don't think they would have done what they did with Kellen Clemens.
          You're right...Clemens could never have led the Jets to a top ranking defensively and in the run game like Sanchez did. His ability to hand off and to turn the ball over so that his defense could shine was both amazing and inspiring.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

This is Hilarious from the dude who starts a thread about every little bit of nonsense possible.

Some of us want a QB. You don't.

It is a simple difference in opinion. I respect your angle as you should mine.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
              You're right...Clemens could never have led the Jets to a top ranking defensively and in the run game like Sanchez did. His ability to hand off and to turn the ball over so that his defense could shine was both amazing and inspiring.
              Sanchez made plays down the stretch. Clemens was a disaster.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

If you are tired of QB threads, I suggest you don't open them. QB is the #1 NEED of the Bills & will be a topic of discussion until they have a viable starter on the team. And NO Edwards is NOT a viable starter.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Name 1 person that said this. Another waste of time straw man thread.

Comment

• SirMcGee
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    Sanchez made plays down the stretch. Clemens was a disaster.
                    Name one defining moment. I'd say the number 1 defense in the NFL and the top 3 rushing attack did all that.
                    DRAFT WISHLIST
                    1) BRYAN BULAGA - OT/IOWA
                    2) JONATHON DWYER - RB/GA TECH
                    3) JASON WORILDS - OLB/ VA. TECH
                    4) TORRELL TROUP - NT/CENTRAL FLORIDA

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

You're tired of the QB threads

So you make your own

:brilliant:

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I'll go ahead and agree with HH, in that I think getting a QB, especially in this QB-thin class, is putting the cart before the horse.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                          I'll go ahead and agree with HH, in that I think getting a QB, especially in this QB-thin class, is putting the cart before the horse.
                          There are 2 QBs that are heads and shoulders above the rest. After those 2 I would totally agree with you.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            There are 2 QBs that are heads and shoulders above the rest. After those 2 I would totally agree with you.
                            If they are both gone, I still think the Bills draft a QB.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Show me a team that has been good for a period of time who didn't have a franchise QB?

Now I'll show you the Bills QB the past 14 years. Rob Johnson, Alex Van Pelt, Bobby Joe Hobert, Drew Bledsoe, JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Shane Matthews, Travis Brown, Todd Collins, Brian Brohm, Gibran Hamdan.

Do you see the problem there? QB is the most important position on the field. Teams generally don't win over a period of time without one.

How did the Bills do before and after Kelly? The Colts before Manning, the Broncos before and after Elway, the Dolphins after Marino, the Bengals before Palmer, the 49ers after Young, the list goes on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X