PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sources: Bills HAVE inquired about McNabb

patmoran2006
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-mcnabbtraderumors032410

ORLANDO, Fla. – Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/phi/;_ylt=As.k1Qmq0YXhXw5tSG9mbdLhMMQF) coach Andy Reid said Wednesday the team is entertaining offers for Donovan McNabb (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4650/;_ylt=AvppTWNMgiBF7AyBKRc7ejvhMMQF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4650/news;_ylt=AtrQOpI27WGLa2jAVmElEinhMMQF), and multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/;_ylt=AhUw5EEWzw8z_AZNZ23aTjzhMMQF) and Oakland Raiders (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/oak/;_ylt=Apa5ijRyEFHoxWILoMKldafhMMQF) have inquired about the quarterback’s availability.

However, one source with knowledge of McNabb’s interests said the 11-year veteran would favor a trade to a team with a contending roster, such as the Arizona Cardinals (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ari/;_ylt=ArHbJx.0lKe2O7Zc6ZFbzGDhMMQF) – a franchise that isn’t currently in the mix for his services. The source said McNabb likely wouldn’t sign a long-term deal in either Buffalo or Oakland, which could create a sticking point in any trade talks, as both franchises would expect a new deal in place before acquiring him. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus in May and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent in 2011.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
McNabb has been my favorite QB his whole pro career. I became a fan near the end of his Cuse days. This would make my season if my favorite QB joined my favorite team.

However, it's probably better if he doesn't come here. We can't afford to wait even longer to start building this team up again if he doesn't wanna stick around long.

patmoran2006
03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I certainly don't have any inside information about McNabb, but I am getting the sense its a realistic possibility.

I do think Philly is gonna trade a QB to some team before draft day.. To whom and which one, is anybody's guess, but given the success Rodgers had following Favre, I say its McNabb definitely.

Bill Cody
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I hear Dan Marino is available.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I can only hope. This would be quite a sight to see my favorite QB in my team's colors.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
As long as they get the extension, I'm all for it.

If they make this trade and he walks in a year, my head explodes.

G Wolly
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM

Unless he walks off with a SB Ring.

methos4ever
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
He doesn't want to come to a re-build and we're re-building. To me, that's asking to have a guy as a one year rental. Pass.

Ingtar33
03-24-2010, 02:50 PM
As long as they get the extension, I'm all for it..

they won't

he wants to win a championship, not languish in purgatory, we trade for McNabb it will be 1 year and gone.

i'm not against renting him. i just don't want to see us give more then a 4th rounder (next year) for a 1 year rental.

patmoran2006
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Agreed. Do you think Ralph would pay him that kind of money?

patmoran2006
03-24-2010, 02:53 PM

you do know McNabb completed 60% of his passes, threw for over 3,500 yards and tossed 22 TDs against 10 INT's last year

Right?

He's far from washed up.

Prov401
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Sources?

Bill Cody
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
you do know McNabb completed 60% of his passes, threw for over 3,500 yards and tossed 22 TDs against 10 INT's last year

Right?

He's far from washed up.

He's on the back nine approaching the 16th tee. We need a long term solution not a band aid.

RockStar36
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Agreed. Do you think Ralph would pay him that kind of money?

I don't think money is the issue at all. I think getting Donovan to agree to an extension for a franchise like Buffalo is a huge issue to overcome.

Night Train
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
McNabb lives in Arizona during the offseason. Naturally he wants to play for the Cards but they just signed Derek Anderson for 4 Mil a year, for some ******ed reason.

McNabb has to realize something. Playoff contending teams ALREADY HAVE QB's. His options are limited.

I was just watching ESPN's Outside The Lines while they spoke to 2 Philly area reporters. McNabb is quoted as saying he wants Philly to do something now either way. Either declare him the starter or deal him quickly.

He may be forcing their hand. If the Bills give him 3-4 years at many Million$ per year, he'll come.

NorthCarBills
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
As much as I like McNabb, what's the point? Our offensive line will get him killed. Even making a move as seemingly minor as switching first round picks will most likely come back to haunt us.

I can already hear it next year when DM is on the bench nursing his rib injury...."man if we stayed with that ninth pick we could of had (insert player's name).

psubills62
03-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Would I like to get McNabb? Yes, especially if we could do it without giving up our first-rounder (which seems more likely now).

I have to wonder if a trade simply won't go through if he doesn't sign an extension or if the compensation would simply be a much lower round pick if he refuses to sign.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
If we get McNabb for a 2nd you better believe that are first pick will be a LT, reguardless if it's a reach. I for one would love it as long as we get a 3 year extension, that way we draft a Zac Robinson, Jevan Snead, John Skelton, John Crompton or Jarrett Brown in the mid rounds.

BlackMetalNinja
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Does this mean we'll have to work out a deal with San Francisco to get him?

tampabay25690
03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I heard today Buffalo, Oak, Jax, and St Louis are possible landing spots...

tampabay25690
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Would I like to get McNabb? Yes, especially if we could do it without giving up our first-rounder (which seems more likely now).

I have to wonder if a trade simply won't go through if he doesn't sign an extension or if the compensation would simply be a much lower round pick if he refuses to sign.

I would do it for a 1st next year if I were the Bills this team needs it's 1st and all picks this year.....

methos4ever
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
They're waiting for verification on Sirius, but Tim and Pat just reported the Eagles may have Traded McNabb to the Rams for the #33 pick. If I see/hear more I'll update. But for now, it's just a rumor.

Update - It's been said it's untrue at worst, premature at best:

http://twitter.com/StullySTL/status/10995260017

T-Long
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
McNabb will NOT sign a long term deal with the Bills, and there is only one year left on his contract. There is no way the Bills make the trade unless an extension is put in place. We can all stop dreaming, this will never happen.

SABURZFAN
03-24-2010, 03:47 PM
i think McNabb coming to Buffalo would make them a playoff contender. get a veteran WR, a veteran NT, fill other areas in the draft, and we could possibly see 10 wins.

Coach Sal
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Yahoo! is 3 weeks behind me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SalSports/140308987112?ref=ts

A source familiar with the situation has informed me the Bills and Eagles have held "discussions" regarding a trade for QB Donovan McNabb. A Fox station in Philly reports the Eagles will not field "offers" for McNabb. So, an offer may not have been made from either side.
March 5 at 11:17am

patmoran2006
03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
McNabb is not coming here. Just read he will REFUSE to acecpt an extension if he's traded to Buffalo.

He doesn't want to be here.

Any Buffalo deal is dead.

PECKERWOOD
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Stupid, I would trade very little for McNabb, he is 33 years old, they better not give up more than a 4th + a player for him.

T-Long
03-24-2010, 04:28 PM
McNabb is not coming here. Just read he will REFUSE to acecpt an extension if he's traded to Buffalo.

That's exactly what I've been saying from the start.

patmoran2006
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Can't make a man go somewhere he doesn't want to be.. Yeah

CoolBreeze
03-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Ahhhhh....nice another Drew Bledsoe. I swear if my beloved Bills didn't rely on aging veterans, and overrated rookies at QB, I'd die happy

Syderick
03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Reid: Eagles 'listening' to trade offers for QBs; McNabb is starter:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8171fd11&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

kernowboy
03-24-2010, 05:09 PM
A source close to the Rams have denied it and saying there is zero truth according to profootballtalk.

Nighthawk
03-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Just my 2 cents...but wouldn't it make sense to trade Lynch & a pick to Philly? Lynch would be perfect for that team and the RB that they have lacked with size and power. Makes sense to me...

better days
03-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Just my 2 cents...but wouldn't it make sense to trade Lynch & a pick to Philly? Lynch would be perfect for that team and the RB that they have lacked with size and power. Makes sense to me...

It makes no sense if McNabb refuses to sign a new contract with the Bills, & I think Lynch & a pick is too much, unless it is a 6th rnd.

Nighthawk
03-24-2010, 06:20 PM
It makes no sense if McNabb refuses to sign a new contract with the Bills, & I think Lynch & a pick is too much, unless it is a 6th rnd.

Yes, I agree...without an extension, I want nothing to do with McNabb.

drmoyer421
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Its funny that you take a quote from an artical that names some random "source" and talk about it as a fact. He has family in Hamilton and $$ talks. I wouldnt count anything out.. or name some rumor as fact!