PDA

View Full Version : Possible trade down partner

X-Era
03-24-2010, 08:05 PM
On NFL Network they went to a reporter who indicated that the Giants really want McClain and may be willing to move up to get him. Sorry, no link, it was a report.

I think hes likely to be at 9. And that means a trade back to only 15. Probably get a 3rd out of that, maybe not an extra 2nd.

And at 15, guys like Bruce Campbell or Dan Williams make even more sense.

FlyingDutchman
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
possible, but this is probably just some guys opinion. who really knows what their interests are

Nighthawk
03-24-2010, 08:10 PM
I'd be OK with that...more picks and only move back to 15...makes too much sense.

Ingtar33
03-24-2010, 08:13 PM
wait.. the giants would trade up for LB McClain with all their CB issues?

i doubt it.

Marty Funkhouser
03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I'd love it, if Bulaga and Trent Williams are both gone at 9.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I think McClain will be there at 15, if not into Round 2.

X-Era
03-24-2010, 08:23 PM
wait.. the giants would trade up for LB McClain with all their CB issues?

i doubt it.

That's what the reporter said.

Haden may go top 10, may be tough for him to fall to 15. So at 15, who's not a reach at CB? Wilson? I would think he should go later, Robinson? probably late 1 or 2nd round, Jackson? I could see late 1, McCourty, again late 1 or early 2.

Novacane
03-24-2010, 08:30 PM

Round 2! Seriously? What makes you say that? Do you think he's overrated?

JCBills
03-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Round 2! Seriously? What makes you say that? Do you think he's overrated?

McClain is a wee bit overrated, but I doubt he falls to the 2nd.

PECKERWOOD
03-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Then again, I've heard that Kansas City may take McClain. It only takes on stupid team to make it happen.

Nighthawk
03-24-2010, 09:19 PM

I doubt he's going to be there in the 2nd round...I could be wrong, but that just doesn't seem like it will happen.

DraftBoy
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Crohn's Disease Revelation, Poor timing, and rewatching tape=stock falling

BuffaloBlitz83
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
I think he'll be a Dolphin

T-Long
03-24-2010, 10:15 PM
McLain's stock could be falling, but he will not fall out of the first round. That's crazy talk DB!! Come on man!

BillsWin
03-24-2010, 10:38 PM
McClain's stock is falling right now. How far he will fall is another question.

I doubt he makes it out of the top 20.

A month ago I would have called you crazy if you told me he wouldn't get picked top 15.

clumping platelets
03-24-2010, 10:42 PM
With the 9th choice of 2010 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select: CB Joe Haden, Florida :ill:

JCBills
03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
With the 9th choice of 2010 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select: CB Joe Haden, Florida :ill:

If that happened....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj97OdKyAhc

I would send the death storm.

kernowboy
03-25-2010, 04:05 AM
I can't see McClain falling lower than the Steelers. I know they've signed Foote but they don't have much depth and Farrior is now 35. He may have Crohn's disease but this is an easily managable affliction as David Garrard has proven.

I think we might go for DB in R3 on Day2 especially if the guy is

a) big - we do lack height in the secondary so 6ft1+

b) a returner so we can keep McKelvin and McGee away from those duties.

McGee isn't getting any younger or less injury prone either

DraftBoy
03-25-2010, 07:34 AM
McLain's stock could be falling, but he will not fall out of the first round. That's crazy talk DB!! Come on man!

Im telling you right now, I dont think its going to happen but don't be shocked if it does.

His tape is not that kind, his nagging injuries are a problem, teams don't like him keeping the Crohn's disease secret, and his workouts/interviews have been hit and miss.

Im just passing along information Im getting. Same as how I see Bruce Campbell as a very solid 2nd Rounder.

Tourettes Guy
03-25-2010, 07:52 AM
I'd stay away from a guy with a disease. What if he retires in 2 years?

TMu11
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
It's risky, that's for sure. Especially if your drafting the guy as a Franchise LB instead of a 6th round groomer. I wouldn't do it, but then again I don't own an NFL franchise....

Mahdi
03-25-2010, 08:34 AM
That's what the reporter said.

Haden may go top 10, may be tough for him to fall to 15. So at 15, who's not a reach at CB? Wilson? I would think he should go later, Robinson? probably late 1 or 2nd round, Jackson? I could see late 1, McCourty, again late 1 or early 2.
I think McCourty jumped into the #2 CB spot. His lateral movement and smooth body transition was impressive.

I can see the Giants taking him at #15 depending on who is still available. They could also wait till the second round where the CB value will be good.

I think the Giants will look for an explosive playmaker on offense. Right now their offense is a bit predictable, I still think they will take Golden Tate or CJ Spiller if they get the chance.

Lone Stranger
03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a deal to me. With the Bills needs another 3rd rounder sounds pretty good.

DraftBoy
03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
I think McCourty jumped into the #2 CB spot. His lateral movement and smooth body transition was impressive.

I can see the Giants taking him at #15 depending on who is still available. They could also wait till the second round where the CB value will be good.

I think the Giants will look for an explosive playmaker on offense. Right now their offense is a bit predictable, I still think they will take Golden Tate or CJ Spiller if they get the chance.

I have it;
1. Haden
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. McCourtny

McCourtny is good but he doesn't have Wilson's ball skills and instincts or Jackson's size and physicality.

Nighthawk
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Crohn's Disease Revelation, Poor timing, and rewatching tape=stock falling

No, IMO that = overthinking

DraftBoy
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
No, IMO that = overthinking

If you don't think a disease that is uncurable and that can cause blood clots (that ended Tommy Frazier's career, btw) won't affect his stock you're nuts.

He ran below the prototype time for ILB's and also ran poorly in agility drills, and positional. How much of a negative effect does this have? Minimal but it will hurt him.

His tape is misleading to some degree, he played the second half of the year on a bad wheel so he looks slower at times and misses filling some holes he normally would get to. So that yes is over thinking.

But to think that everything that a player does on and off the field is not scrutinized heavily is wrong. Football teams pay PI's to find out dirt on these guys, they have psychologists conduct interviews, and they have people befriend them on myspace and facebook to see what their profiles look like. You invest tens of millions in a player, you want to know what you're getting.

better days
03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
If you don't think a disease that is uncurable and that can cause blood clots (that ended Tommy Frazier's career, btw) won't affect his stock you're nuts.

He ran below the prototype time for ILB's and also ran poorly in agility drills, and positional. How much of a negative effect does this have? Minimal but it will hurt him.

His tape is misleading to some degree, he played the second half of the year on a bad wheel so he looks slower at times and misses filling some holes he normally would get to. So that yes is over thinking.

But to think that everything that a player does on and off the field is not scrutinized heavily is wrong. Football teams pay PI's to find out dirt on these guys, they have psychologists conduct interviews, and they have people befriend them on myspace and facebook to see what their profiles look like. You invest tens of millions in a player, you want to know what you're getting.

I agree, & Crohn's disease is very serious, people die from it all the time. I knew a beautiful girl that died because of Crohn's disease at the age of 23.

Mahdi
03-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I have it;
1. Haden
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. McCourtny

McCourtny is good but he doesn't have Wilson's ball skills and instincts or Jackson's size and physicality.
Yeah I think your ranking is realistic also. The #2 CB spot is still kinda unclear. I think who goes #2 will depend on what you are looking for.

McCourty might be the most technically sound, Wilson is the best in terms of playmaking, and Jackson is a physical CB.

malvado78
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I agree, & Crohn's disease is very serious, people die from it all the time. I knew a beautiful girl that died because of Crohn's disease at the age of 23.

Actually there have been large advances in the treatment of Crohn's within the last ten. While it can be a debilitating disease, immunosuppressant treatments (See Remicade) have been very effective. While there are risks of infection with this treatment the immunosuppression is fairly targeted and does not effect you whole immune system.

The latest work is being done in genetic engineering for treatment but in still experimental.

I am 27 and have been dealing with the symptoms of Crohns for a decade now but was not able to get a true diagnosis until 3 years ago. McClain has the benefit of being diagnosed and being good treatment program.

Not saying it is totally not a factor but it is definitely manageable.