PDA

View Full Version : PFT Source says WIlson won't pay

patmoran2006
03-25-2010, 03:07 PM
So if the Rams aren't doing a deal, which team will? Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports that the Raiders are "in heaviest pursuit (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/24/market-for-qb-mcnabb-is-heating-up/)." Other possibilities are the Bills and Cardinals. (However, one media source with whom we spoke is convinced that Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson would never pay McNabb an eight-figure salary.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/25/report-raiders-in-hottest-pursuit-of-mcnabb/

methos4ever
03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Pat,
You can't take one throwaway Florio line and make that the lead of this article. I know you think Wilson's God's gift to misers, but must you bring up at every single avenue? You're better than that!

Night Train
03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
A media source !

Well, that's like God itself. It must be true. :rolleyes:

WeAreArthurMoates
03-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Please, Florio quoting a media source is the worst contact you can have. Hell, it was probably Jerry Sullivan.

djjimkelly
03-25-2010, 03:20 PM
A media source !

Well, that's like God itself. It must be true. :rolleyes:

i was just gonna point that out unless someone from the bills says it BFD.

ill remind everyone

bruce smith and jim kelly back in the early 90's were the top 2 salries in the nfl.

wilson pays when its deserved. we have seen it!!! sadly it hasnt been 20's years but there hasn't really been any players on this team that deserved to be paid that way.

i pray we go back to no cap and 6 years till free agency we will eventually develop guys here again. and pay someone again

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2010, 03:21 PM
C'mon Pat. A media person speculates on something and you say it is a source?

patmoran2006
03-25-2010, 03:24 PM
I said what he said.

BTW, Im not even sure I'd pay McNabb an eight figure salary myself.

patmoran2006
03-25-2010, 03:25 PM
And I highlighted the Bills section of the article, because well this is a Buffalo Bills board.

jdbillsfan
03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Obviously this is speculation, but I would be hesitant to pay for a player that was reluctant to come here as well.

Not to mention, injury prone, inaccurate and overrated.

Pinkerton Security
03-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I thought McNabb already said he wouldnt agree to an extension with Buffalo?

DrGraves
03-25-2010, 03:29 PM
shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. ralph has been running this franchise into the ground since he lost his mind in 1995

Griff
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. ralph has been running this franchise into the ground since he lost his mind in 1995

thanks for your inaccurate insight.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2010, 03:39 PM
i would never pay mcnabb an eight figure salary. **** that

Philagape
03-25-2010, 03:42 PM
C'mon Pat. A media person speculates on something and you say it is a source?

I gotta agree. Just because PFT calls other media members "sources" doesn't mean we have to repeat it as such. A media guy's opinion is not news, and he is not a "source."

cpearl
03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I said what he said.

BTW, Im not even sure I'd pay McNabb an eight figure salary myself.

I agree. McNabb is going to want a 4-5 year extension paying him close to 10 mil a year, right? Or something in that 7-12 range? Why would we over pay for an aging veteran and give up a draft pick in a deep draft year.

Could we use him? Hell yes. But let's let the front office and Chan rebuild this team the way they want to and see what happens.

Beebe's Kid
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Well this has to be true. Even though the notion that Ralph is cheap can be disproved, time and time again, it bears repeating.

DrGraves
03-25-2010, 04:10 PM
thanks for your inaccurate insight.

maybe the turning point was a little bit closer to 2000 but none the less he was been the only constant since our teams gone to ****

mrbojanglezs
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
mcnabb is not worth 8 figures...........

he wold be worth 7-9 million imo

mchurchfie
03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Mcnabb will be on injured reserve by the second game if he comes and Plays behind this Oline. He is pretty fragile to begin with. Why pay him that much to sit out?

B-DON
03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I see nothing wrong with the way pat worded the title of this thread. some people are just so quick to piss on everyone and lately its been happening a lot more frequently

YardRat
03-25-2010, 04:41 PM
:lmao:

What a tool.

Goobylal
03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
"the source...is convinced that...Ralph Wilson would never pay...an 8-figure salary..."

Wow, that's SOME ironclad reporting right there!

Tourettes Guy
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Obviously this is speculation, but I would be hesitant to pay for a player that was reluctant to come here as well.

Not to mention, injury prone, inaccurate and overrated.

I'm iffy on McNabb due to his age, whether he has the desire to switch teams, and he is kind of whiny. But to say he is inaccurate is silly and flat out wrong.

He's been a steady top 5 or 6 QB for 10 years.

psubills62
03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
So basically PFT could have simply replaced "media source" with "random disgruntled fan" and had the same credibility.

PromoTheRobot
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Pat,
You can't take one throwaway Florio line and make that the lead of this article. I know you think Wilson's God's gift to misers, but must you bring up at every single avenue? You're better than that!

Give up trying to explain journalism to Pat Moran. The guy has a bug up his a$$ for Wilson. He thinks having a sports website makes him something special. And by the way, you'd have to be a grade-A moron to pay McNabb an 8-figure contract. That fit's Al "Grandpa Munster" Davis to a T.

PTR

justasportsfan
03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Media source = message board

Sincerely ,

Florio

Mathja
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I was a reporter for 8 years. You guys are too hard on Pat. I don't even know the guy, but honestly, this is a message board. Nobody is held to any journalistic standards on a message board.
If Pat wants to write a story on his website, that's a different story.

patmoran2006
03-26-2010, 01:14 PM
at what point did I claim any "PFT Source" was "iron-clad"

I wrote in this thread WORD FOR WORD what was written in PFT and IDENTIFIED it as such.

It's your job to interpret it anyway you like, not to blast me for reciting exactly how it was written by PFT.

Blast Florio for reporting as such, or blast HIS alleged sources.. He POSTED THE STORY, I DIDN'T.. Don't shoot the messenger.

Some of you guys are ridiculous man. Seriously.

PromoTheRobot
03-27-2010, 09:02 AM

I wrote in this thread WORD FOR WORD what was written in PFT and IDENTIFIED it as such.

It's your job to interpret it anyway you like, not to blast me for reciting exactly how it was written by PFT.

Blast Florio for reporting as such, or blast HIS alleged sources.. He POSTED THE STORY, I DIDN'T.. Don't shoot the messenger.

The fact that you set the bar so low for what gets "reported" is the problem, especially if it's something that fits your view of Wilson and the Bills. Then when it's exposed as crap you wash your hands and claim you never said it was "iron clad." Well here's something new to try: Don't report it until it's iron clad. That used to be the standard in journalism.

PTR

Goobylal
03-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Calm down, pat. This wasn't meant to be directed at you, but to PFT and the "media source" they mentioned. You merely linked to the article. Unless you were the "media source."

billz83
03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Wilson is the cheapest owner in the NFL..the players that would help our team he refuses to pay..but the scrubs and backups he goes all out and OVERPAYS them just to come to the bills..his reputation thru out the NFL is INFAMOUS! wilson has been destroying this team for a long time now..the day wilson stops being CHEAP and gets the talent we need will be the day hell freezes over!

Goobylal
03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Wilson is the cheapest owner in the NFL..the players that would help our team he refuses to pay..but the scrubs and backups he goes all out and OVERPAYS them just to come to the bills..his reputation thru out the NFL is INFAMOUS! wilson has been destroying this team for a long time now..the day wilson stops being CHEAP and gets the talent we need will be the day hell freezes over!
Go back to sleep. :rolleyes:

RandolphDuke
03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Pat quits this site more than I post on it.