PDA

View Full Version : LaCanfora on McNabb

T-Long
03-25-2010, 06:30 PM
He said tonight on TA that Buffalo and Oakland are in the lead to land McNabb.

Buffalogic
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Sweet. Get him!

patmoran2006
03-25-2010, 06:33 PM
It sounds like its going to be Oakland for sure.. But ya know what.. WHo the hell knows.. It's rumor month; that could change in 5 minutes.

Scumbag College
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Wow, lucky McNabb to be pursued by two teams that have such great, young owners and a track record of recent success.

Novacane
03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow, lucky McNabb to be pursued by two teams that have such great, young owners and a track record of recent success.

lol..really! McNabb must be so excited about the list of teams pursuing him.

BILLSROCK1212
03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm thinking that unless the Raiders give the Eagles something similar to what they gave up for Richard Seymour the Eagles wont trade McNabb who has done so much good for the franchise to the worst franchise in the NFL where he is bound to have his fair share of issues.

Night Train
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Sal Paolantonio who is based in Philly, thinks San Fran & Singletary may make a strong play for McNabb, feeling playoff pressure. That means Alex Smith would need a new team .

In 11 games last year Smith was 225-372 2350 yards, 18 TD's 12 Int's. I would guess he's near the end of his rookie deal.

Buffalogic
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Sal Paolantonio who is based in Philly, thinks San Fran & Singletary may make a strong play for McNabb, feeling playoff pressure. That means Alex Smith would need a new team .

In 11 games last year Smith was 225-372 2350 yards, 18 TD's 12 Int's. I would guess he's near the end of his rookie deal.I remember his deal was restructured a few years back so he isn't making very much. I've seen enough of Alex Smith to know I don't want him.

Night Train
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I remember his deal was restructured a few years back so he isn't making very much. I've seen enough of Alex Smith to know I don't want him.

I don't really know that I want him either... but if McNabb does go to San Fran, Smith is gone (they just signed David Carr as a backup). I'm strictly thinking a bridge to the 2011 draft when a better overall QB class (So I've read) comes out.

Let him compete with Brohm for the starting position this year. I don't see any other Vet options out there right now.

McNabb is primary but Smith as a fallback option, if McNabb goes to San Fran. I do think Smith is better than Edwards or Fitzpatrick, which I realize isn't saying much... but Gailey needs something to get started with.

Saratoga Slim
03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't really know that I want him either... but if McNabb does go to San Fran, Smith is gone (they just signed David Carr as a backup). I'm strictly thinking a bridge to the 2011 draft when a better overall QB class (So I've read) comes out.

Let him compete with Brohm for the starting position this year. I don't see any other Vet options out there right now.

McNabb is primary but Smith as a fallback option, if McNabb goes to San Fran. I do think Smith is better than Edwards or Fitzpatrick, which I realize isn't saying much... but Gailey needs something to get started with.

I'm not convinced that Trent Edwards, Alex Smith and David Carr aren't the same person.

BillsWin
03-25-2010, 08:06 PM
If we get McNabb, great. It upgrades a position of need. But I hope we ONLY give up our 2nd round, or go the route of a third and a player.

Ideally, if I were the GM of the Bills and my owner's heart was set on McNabb, this is what I would do.

Trade my 2nd round pick for McNabb (Hypothetically. I would rather get rid of a player and a later pick.)

Pick the best LT available in the first. McNabb needs protection, and he won't get it with Bell as the anchor.

in the third, I would have a problem picking. At first glance, I would want a NT. But the third is also a good place to pick our QB of the future. Sure, we've tried the third round QB before but sitting behind McNabb is much, much better than learning under Losman. Look how Kolb is looking.

There is good value in the third at QB. I would have to balance out the BPA at this pick. At 72 (I think that is the pick) I would weigh the value of the available nose tackles and the value of available QBs.

Let's just say I pick NT.

From their on out, I could take a OT and LB/ DL depth.

Solid.

X-Era
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
If we get McNabb, great. It upgrades a position of need. But I hope we ONLY give up our 2nd round, or go the route of a third and a player.

Ideally, if I were the GM of the Bills and my owner's heart was set on McNabb, this is what I would do.

Trade my 2nd round pick for McNabb (Hypothetically. I would rather get rid of a player and a later pick.)

Pick the best LT available in the first. McNabb needs protection, and he won't get it with Bell as the anchor.

in the third, I would have a problem picking. At first glance, I would want a NT. But the third is also a good place to pick our QB of the future. Sure, we've tried the third round QB before but sitting behind McNabb is much, much better than learning under Losman. Look how Kolb is looking.

There is good value in the third at QB. I would have to balance out the BPA at this pick. At 72 (I think that is the pick) I would weigh the value of the available nose tackles and the value of available QBs.

Let's just say I pick NT.

From their on out, I could take a OT and LB/ DL depth.

Solid.

3rd round, get Linval Joseph.

DBrown77
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
He said tonight on TA that Buffalo and Oakland are in the lead to land McNabb.Aren't these the only 2 teams pursuing him? La Canfora is a freakin genius

BuffaloBlitz83
03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Cam Thomas could fall to 3rd

X-Era
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Cam Thomas could fall to 3rd

I'm not that impressed with Thomas and, to me, the 3rd or 4th round is appropriate.

DBrown77
03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
So here's and interesting thought. If McNabb ever became a Bill, would Trent give up #5 for him???

Would you allow someone to take your job and your #?

He would look like a little B*tch.

jimbohastle51
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
the ball is in mcnabbs court. if he says he wont sign an extension then the bills wont want him. i am sure if we get him its our second and whitner or a swap of seconds. i dont think that he will have the problem coming here that people think. he did play college ball at syracuse and the media is always wrong on those things. also if we do offer a lucrative extension i think he would take it. the question is will we offer the extension. i dont think that we have a problem parting with the pick or pick and player i just think its a matter of will we pay him 10 plus million per year. and i dont see him going to oakland whatsoever. i know the raiders would take him without an extension but i just dont see it happening there. i think the bills have been working on this for weeks and its either the bills or he stays with the eagles.

X-Era
03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
the ball is in mcnabbs court. if he says he wont sign an extension then the bills wont want him. i am sure if we get him its our second and whitner or a swap of seconds. i dont think that he will have the problem coming here that people think. he did play college ball at syracuse and the media is always wrong on those things. also if we do offer a lucrative extension i think he would take it. the question is will we offer the extension. i dont think that we have a problem parting with the pick or pick and player i just think its a matter of will we pay him 10 plus million per year. and i dont see him going to oakland whatsoever. i know the raiders would take him without an extension but i just dont see it happening there. i think the bills have been working on this for weeks and its either the bills or he stays with the eagles.

Totally agree. Raiders vs. Bills? Thats easy.

I don't think he can command 10+ per. I think were looking at 8-9.5 mill per. I see us as the front-runner.

Michael82
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
So here's and interesting thought. If McNabb ever became a Bill, would Trent give up #5 for him???

He is a little *****!

BillsWin
03-25-2010, 10:43 PM
In the immortal words of Buddy, "hahaha come on, we're not the Raiders!"

mightysimi
03-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Rumor I read was Samuel and Mcnabb for Asomugha.

gggbills
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM

Why would he not give the number up? It's not like he has done anything with it!!

Dying_-2-_Live
03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Now that we are closer to the draft and its obvious we have no shot at Bradford... Getting McNabb makes all the sense in the world... for a 2nd round pick, you cant go wrong. Nobody we pick in the 2nd or 3rd will have the same impact. So I say go for it.