• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

LaCanfora on McNabb

He said tonight on TA that Buffalo and Oakland are in the lead to land McNabb.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: LaCanfora on McNabb

Sweet. Get him!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

It sounds like its going to be Oakland for sure.. But ya know what.. WHo the hell knows.. It's rumor month; that could change in 5 minutes.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Wow, lucky McNabb to be pursued by two teams that have such great, young owners and a track record of recent success.
        Last edited by Scumbag College; 03-25-2010, 06:41 PM.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
          Wow, lucky McNabb to be pursued by two teams that have such great, young owners and a track record of recent success.

lol..really! McNabb must be so excited about the list of teams pursuing him.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Well, I'm thinking that unless the Raiders give the Eagles something similar to what they gave up for Richard Seymour the Eagles wont trade McNabb who has done so much good for the franchise to the worst franchise in the NFL where he is bound to have his fair share of issues.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Sal Paolantonio who is based in Philly, thinks San Fran & Singletary may make a strong play for McNabb, feeling playoff pressure. That means Alex Smith would need a new team .

In 11 games last year Smith was 225-372 2350 yards, 18 TD's 12 Int's. I would guess he's near the end of his rookie deal.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                Sal Paolantonio who is based in Philly, thinks San Fran & Singletary may make a strong play for McNabb, feeling playoff pressure. That means Alex Smith would need a new team .

In 11 games last year Smith was 225-372 2350 yards, 18 TD's 12 Int's. I would guess he's near the end of his rookie deal.
                I remember his deal was restructured a few years back so he isn't making very much. I've seen enough of Alex Smith to know I don't want him.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                  I remember his deal was restructured a few years back so he isn't making very much. I've seen enough of Alex Smith to know I don't want him.
                  I don't really know that I want him either... but if McNabb does go to San Fran, Smith is gone (they just signed David Carr as a backup). I'm strictly thinking a bridge to the 2011 draft when a better overall QB class (So I've read) comes out.

Let him compete with Brohm for the starting position this year. I don't see any other Vet options out there right now.

McNabb is primary but Smith as a fallback option, if McNabb goes to San Fran. I do think Smith is better than Edwards or Fitzpatrick, which I realize isn't saying much... but Gailey needs something to get started with.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                    I don't really know that I want him either... but if McNabb does go to San Fran, Smith is gone (they just signed David Carr as a backup). I'm strictly thinking a bridge to the 2011 draft when a better overall QB class (So I've read) comes out.

Let him compete with Brohm for the starting position this year. I don't see any other Vet options out there right now.

McNabb is primary but Smith as a fallback option, if McNabb goes to San Fran. I do think Smith is better than Edwards or Fitzpatrick, which I realize isn't saying much... but Gailey needs something to get started with.
                    I'm not convinced that Trent Edwards, Alex Smith and David Carr aren't the same person.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

If we get McNabb, great. It upgrades a position of need. But I hope we ONLY give up our 2nd round, or go the route of a third and a player.

Ideally, if I were the GM of the Bills and my owner's heart was set on McNabb, this is what I would do.

Trade my 2nd round pick for McNabb (Hypothetically. I would rather get rid of a player and a later pick.)

Pick the best LT available in the first. McNabb needs protection, and he won't get it with Bell as the anchor.

in the third, I would have a problem picking. At first glance, I would want a NT. But the third is also a good place to pick our QB of the future. Sure, we've tried the third round QB before but sitting behind McNabb is much, much better than learning under Losman. Look how Kolb is looking.

There is good value in the third at QB. I would have to balance out the BPA at this pick. At 72 (I think that is the pick) I would weigh the value of the available nose tackles and the value of available QBs.

Let's just say I pick NT.

From their on out, I could take a OT and LB/ DL depth.

Solid.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        If we get McNabb, great. It upgrades a position of need. But I hope we ONLY give up our 2nd round, or go the route of a third and a player.

Ideally, if I were the GM of the Bills and my owner's heart was set on McNabb, this is what I would do.

Trade my 2nd round pick for McNabb (Hypothetically. I would rather get rid of a player and a later pick.)

Pick the best LT available in the first. McNabb needs protection, and he won't get it with Bell as the anchor.

in the third, I would have a problem picking. At first glance, I would want a NT. But the third is also a good place to pick our QB of the future. Sure, we've tried the third round QB before but sitting behind McNabb is much, much better than learning under Losman. Look how Kolb is looking.

There is good value in the third at QB. I would have to balance out the BPA at this pick. At 72 (I think that is the pick) I would weigh the value of the available nose tackles and the value of available QBs.

Let's just say I pick NT.

From their on out, I could take a OT and LB/ DL depth.

Solid.
                        3rd round, get Linval Joseph.

Comment

• DBrown77
                          Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                          He said tonight on TA that Buffalo and Oakland are in the lead to land McNabb.
                          Aren't these the only 2 teams pursuing him? La Canfora is a freakin genius

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

Cam Thomas could fall to 3rd

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                              Cam Thomas could fall to 3rd
                              I'm not that impressed with Thomas and, to me, the 3rd or 4th round is appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X