PDA

View Full Version : My complete first round mock

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Here's my early attempt at a complete first round mock for your viewing pleasure. Questions, comments, ideas all welcome.

1. St Louis Rams Sam Bradford QB
2. Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh DT
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gerald McCoy DT
4. Washington Redskins Jimmy Clausen QB
5. Kansas City Chiefs Russell Okung OT
6. Seattle Seahawks CJ Spiller RB
7. Cleveland Browns Eric Berry S
8. Oakland Raiders Taylor Mays S
9. Buffalo Bills Bryan Bulaga OT
10. Jacksonville Jaguars Jason Pierre-Paul DE
11. Denver Broncos (from Chi) Dez Bryant WR
12. Miami Dolphins Rolando McClain LB
13. San Francisco 49ers Trent Williams OT
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Den) Anthony Davis OT
15. New York Giants Joe Haden CB
16. Tennessee Titans Carlos Dunlap DE
17. San Francisco 49ers (from Car) Earl Thomas S
18. Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Iupati G
19. Atlanta Falcons Derrick Morgan DE
20. Houston Texans Bruce Campbell OT
21. Cincinnati Bengals Demaryius Thomas WR
22. New England Patriots Sergio Kindle LB
23. Green Bay Packers Maurkice Pouncey C/G
24. Philadelphia Eagles Sean Weatherspoon LB
25. Baltimore Ravens Kyle Wilson CB
26. Arizona Cardinals Jermaine Gresham TE
27. Dallas Cowboys Brandon Graham LB
28. San Diego Chargers Dan Williams NT
29. New York Jets Arrelious Benn WR
30. Minnesota Vikings Jared Odrick DT
31. Indianapolis Colts Devin McCourty CB
32. New Orleans Saints Brian Price DT
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]--> <!--[endif]-->

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 05:33 AM
I think it is very good.

I don't see the Pats going for Kindle - they rarely go OLB in R1, but I can see Kindle going to Arizona and Gresham to the Pats.

I don't think Houston will go for Campbell with Winston and Brown onboard, I see them going for a CB to replace Robinson.

I see both Dan Williams and Brandon Graham going higher - the Cowboys need a NT before they need an OLB

YardRat
03-26-2010, 05:44 AM
I could see Bryant going to Oakland instead of Mays. Other than that, the top ten looks really feasible.

Mahdi
03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Pretty realistic. I would hate to pass on Bryant for Bulaga though.

DraftBoy
03-26-2010, 07:31 AM
I dont think Mays goes top 10, especially with Oakland spending a 2nd Round pick last year on a FS they were very high on. And I mean high like Im pretty sure the entire war room was a cloud of smoke when they made that pick.

I like the Bulag pick, makes perfect sense and to me give us a franchise LT for the next decade. Perfect addition.

I dont see Haden falling to 15 he just has too much talent, and CB's are more highly coveted than S's. I think switch Haden with Berry's spot and move Berry to Miami, then find a new spot for McClain.

Not a big fan of Bruce Campbell and I no longer think he's a first round prospect, and I have CB Kareem Jackson ahead of Devin McCourtny.

Overall though this is a very good mock, well thought out and every pick makes sense. Good job! :bf1:

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the input so far guys. Yup, as you can see the Raiders surprise this year again and select Mays the top 10. I'm low on Mays but the Raiders may think otherwise.

Houston and Dallas puzzled me a little bit. They can go a lot of different routes.

The Spaz
03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
If we go OT our realistic chance is Bulaga but I think he goes before our pick unfortunately.

Ickybaluky
03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't see the Pats going for Kindle - they rarely go OLB in R1, but I can see Kindle going to Arizona and Gresham to the Pats.

I agree. I think, given how the picks above them are lined up, the Pats would either take Pouncey or Terrence Cody.

PECKERWOOD
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I'd settle for Bulaga, not my first choice, but it's a sensible move.

SirMcGee
03-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I dont think Mays goes top 10, especially with Oakland spending a 2nd Round pick last year on a FS they were very high on. And I mean high like Im pretty sure the entire war room was a cloud of smoke when they made that pick.

I like the Bulag pick, makes perfect sense and to me give us a franchise LT for the next decade. Perfect addition.

I dont see Haden falling to 15 he just has too much talent, and CB's are more highly coveted than S's. I think switch Haden with Berry's spot and move Berry to Miami, then find a new spot for McClain.

Not a big fan of Bruce Campbell and I no longer think he's a first round prospect, and I have CB Kareem Jackson ahead of Devin McCourtny.

Overall though this is a very good mock, well thought out and every pick makes sense. Good job! :bf1:

You underestimate the incompetence of Al Davis.

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Didn't Oakland cut that 2nd round safety a couple months after they drafted him? Nobody knew who he was either when they picked him. Taylor Mays to Oakland surprise top10 pick dial it up AL.

Buffalogic
04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Updated

1. St Louis Rams Sam Bradford QB
2. Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh DT
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gerald McCoy DT
4. Washington Redskins Russel Okung OT
5. Kansas City Chiefs Eric Berry S
6. Seattle Seahawks Trent Williams OT
7. Cleveland Browns Jimmy Clausen QB
8. Oakland Raiders Taylor Mays S
9. Buffalo Bills CJ Spiller RB
10. Jacksonville Jaguars Jason Pierre-Paul DE
11. Denver Broncos (from Chi) Dez Bryant WR
12. Miami Dolphins Rolando McClain LB
13. San Francisco 49ers Bryan Bulaga OT
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Den) Derrick Morgan DE
15. New York Giants Sean Weatherspoon OLB
16. Tennessee Titans Carlos Dunlap DE
17. San Francisco 49ers (from Car) Joe Haden CB
18. Pittsburgh Steelers Anthony Davis OT
19. Atlanta Falcons Sergio Kindle LB
20. Houston Texans Mike Iupati G
21. Cincinnati Bengals Demaryius Thomas WR
22. New England Patriots Dan Williams NT
23. Green Bay Packers Maurkice Pouncey C/G
24. Philadelphia Eagles Earl Thomas S
25. Baltimore Ravens Kyle Wilson CB
26. Arizona Cardinals Jermaine Gresham TE
27. Dallas Cowboys Brandon Graham LB
28. San Diego Chargers Brian Price DT
29. New York Jets Jerry Hughes OLB
30. Minnesota Vikings Dexter McCluster RB
31. Indianapolis Colts Kareem Jackson CB
32. New Orleans Saints Jared Odrick DT

*this mock is with Lynch traded to SD for 2nd

Surprises

Taylor Mays in top 10 to horrible raiders.

Dexter Mccluster sneaks in 1st round to Vikings.

Houston takes guard over DB.

Ed
04-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I think the Dolphins would take Dan Williams before McClain.

TigerJ
04-17-2010, 11:43 PM
The knock on Spiller, that I just heard today, is that he does not like to run between the tackles. He tended to bounce every run outside. He could do that in college, but pro defensive coordinators are smart enough to take that away from you if it's all you do.

justasportsfan
04-18-2010, 12:21 AM
The knock on Spiller, that I just heard today, is that he does not like to run between the tackles. He tended to bounce every run outside. He could do that in college, but pro defensive coordinators are smart enough to take that away from you if it's all you do.
does it matter if he's leaving everyone behind for tds? Besides that can be taught/coached.

watch the video, he's ran between tackles not only running the ball but returning kicks. The guy can catch too. He can do it all. he's definitely a weapon. The jets and fins upgraded their weapons and I think he'd be an upgrade to ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

Buffalogic
04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
does it matter if he's leaving everyone behind for tds? Besides that can be taught/coached.

watch the video, he's ran between tackles not only running the ball but returning kicks. The guy can catch too. He can do it all. he's definitely a weapon. The jets and fins upgraded their weapons and I think he'd be an upgrade to ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bACJ Spiller is ready to dominate the NFL. If he's on the board and the bills don't pick him I'll be pissed. Not picking him would be a huge mistake.

Philagape
04-18-2010, 08:51 PM
If they pass on Bulaga I'll be pissed

ServoBillieves
04-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Though I don't care what the rest of the NFL does draft wise this year, I don't see Mays going in a kind of "Oh well Berry is gone, let's settle for Mays :-/" type deal... Bulaga would be fantastic at 9, so I will gladly agree with that.