PDA

View Full Version : Why Oakland is a strong contender for McNabb

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 06:51 AM
... because they proved with Richard Seymour that they will give up a high draft pick even if there is not a contract extension in place.

If McNabb signed with Oakland he could

1) Be offered and sign an extension

2) Leave as a free agent at the end of 2010

3) Be franchised - and the tag at the moment is $14,651,000

I don't think Wilson/Nix/Gailey would accept either options 2) or 3) but Oakland's QB situation is even more desperate than ours with Russell (huge bust), Gradkowski (injured) and Losman.

Ironically if their signing of McNabb meant Gradkowski was released and if he passed a medical, I wouldn't say no to adding Bruce to the mix.

malvado78
03-26-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't think Wilson/Nix/Gailey would accept either options 2) or 3) but Oakland's QB situation is even more desperate than ours with Russell (huge bust), Gradkowski (injured) and Losman.

That is why McNabb won't go to Oakland. They don't need a starting QB. Did you see him on the Locomotives last year. He lit it up!

:comedy:

kernowboy
03-26-2010, 07:19 AM
That is why McNabb won't go to Oakland. They don't need a starting QB. Did you see him on the Locomotives last year. He lit it up!

:comedy:

Err, they need a starting QB probably even more than we do.

zone
03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't see McNabb wanting to jump around team to team.

RockStar36
03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
If McNabb doesn't want to sign an extension or come to Buffalo, more power to him. The Raiders are dumb enough to give up a high pick for him without an extension and they are also dumb enough to franchise him. I'd be pissed if the Bills tried either of the two options above.

Tourettes Guy
03-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Weird how they don't think Losman is the man.

Beebe's Kid
03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I would like to see what Chan could do with the Polish Canon, or Losman. It the time away may have helped both parties. Maybe he can come back and justify where we drafted him.

SabreEleven
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Err, they need a starting QB probably even more than we do.

He was being sarcastic.

Marty Funkhouser
03-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I don't think McNabb would want a 2 year deal (which is what it will be if they Franchise him). Then, he'll hit the free agent market again at age 36, and his skills will be diminished. He'll be looking for his last contract, probably in the 4-5 year range.

malvado78
03-26-2010, 12:04 PM
He was being sarcastic.

Thanks. Apparently I forgot my sarcasm close tags.

Here...
/sarcasm

:drunks: