PDA

View Full Version : Now that reportedly a 3rd rounder lands McNabb

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
If we can get him to sign an extension how great would it be to trade him straight up for Lynch.

Even better if we could con them into a Whitner for McNabb trade.

The eagles should be highly interested in both those players/positions and an upgrade there for an expiring McNabb product could be enticing to Philly.

Ebenezer
03-26-2010, 01:59 PM
3rd round? ESPN is reporting, right now, that Philly will not take lower than the 42nd pick overall.

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
"That said, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio points out that the Eagles might have no choice but to move McNabb. Paolantonio reports that league sources believe the Eagles wanted too much for McNabb, that several interested teams have moved on, and that no one currently is willing to give up more than a third-round draft pick."

- PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/mcnabb-mess-only-gets-messier/)

X-Era
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM
"That said, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio points out that the Eagles might have no choice but to move McNabb. Paolantonio reports that league sources believe the Eagles wanted too much for McNabb, that several interested teams have moved on, and that no one currently is willing to give up more than a third-round draft pick."

- PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/mcnabb-mess-only-gets-messier/)

What teams will offer and what the Eagle are asking are not the same.

Ebenezer
03-26-2010, 02:04 PM

PFT may say what they want but I heard it on WGR-AM quoting ESPN radio and they are scrolling in on ESPNews...42nd pick or higher.

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 02:07 PM
What teams will offer and what the Eagle are asking are not the same.Agreed but at this point I believe they have to (and will) trade McNabb. We have a few things that could be desirable to them and convince them to act.

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
PFT may say what they want but I heard it on WGR-AM quoting ESPN radio and they are scrolling in on ESPNews...42nd pick or higher.Yeah PFT said the same thing last night, top 42 pick. Then the third rounder news came out today. Very recently.

patmoran2006
03-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Even if a third rounder is true, which I dont think it is.. Why would they want Lynch?

They just signed RFA Mike Bell.

Jaybird
03-26-2010, 02:12 PM
to make any trade for MCnabb without a contract in place would not make sense to the BILLS

X-Era
03-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Agreed but at this point I believe they have to (and will) trade McNabb. We have a few things that could be desirable to them and convince them to act.

Heres why I like our chances.

I just dont see any way that McNabb will choose Oakland over us. Hes got friends and family in our neck of the woods, and he wont have to deal with Al Davis.

I really think the Eagles will tell him hes getting traded no matter what. Everyday that goes by and the bigger it gets, the worse it would be to try and repair for the Eagles and McNabb.

I think we have a real shot at this.

trapezeus
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
you realize the sports media most likely is being fed information from one of the teams doing the bidding for Mcnabb, right? They are trying to gauge the market for Mcnabb, right?

I doubt the 3rd round piece is true. I bet the following scenario is what has happened.
1. Philly's asking price is ridiculous.
2. one team thinks they are offering a decent deal to get him and is floating this story through the media darlings like Schefter etc to see if Philly reacts in a panic. if any other team jumps in and offers more than a 3rd, philly rests easy knowing they are asking for a good price and sees if they can push the market around. if no one comes biting, the team floating the story just dropped the asking price when the eagles agree to start dealing. They know they are the only guys in the game and they know that no one offered even a 3rd.

I don't trust sports media in football from the end of the superbowl until the beginning of training camp. They are talking to people who know they can manipulate deals just by talking to the press.

JCBills
03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah PFT said the same thing last night, top 42 pick. Then the third rounder news came out today. Very recently.

3rd round = what teams have been offering, not McNabb's price.

IMO we need all of our picks.

Buffalogic
03-26-2010, 02:36 PM
3rd round = what teams have been offering, not McNabb's price.

IMO we need all of our picks.Agreed that's why it would be fantastic to trade them Whitner. They would have obvious interest in him. If he is not enough on his own then I can easily part with a 6th or 7th round pick as well for a proven qb.

JCBills
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Agreed that's why it would be fantastic to trade them Whitner. They would have obvious interest in him. If he is not enough on his own then I can easily part with a 6th or 7th round pick as well for a proven qb.

Lol Whitner isn't worth a 3rd rounder. I'd rather deal him for a mid-round pick and start rebuilding without a stopgap QB. If we need to have someone struggle for a season, well what's one more when it's already been 10. You almost have to. Sanchez and Stafford were basically two of the worst starting QBs last season, but their team's let them grind it out, learn the NFL game, and take it into the next season with a foundation to build on.

OpIv37
03-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Agreed that's why it would be fantastic to trade them Whitner. They would have obvious interest in him. If he is not enough on his own then I can easily part with a 6th or 7th round pick as well for a proven qb.

Yeah, except it would have to go like this:

Eagles: "We'll give you McNabb for your 3rd this year"
Bills: "Great, any way you can work Whitner into the trade?"
Eagles: "Hell no"
Bills: "We'll give you our 3rd, Whitner, and our 7th. PLEEEAAASSSSE!!!!!"
Eagles: ":rolleyes: Fine. Make sure Buddy Nix is awake when the fax arrives."

psubills62
03-26-2010, 03:53 PM
It sounds like Oakland is the most likely scenario at this point. Mainly due to the bolded part below:

Sources tell Yahoo's Charles Robinson that the Raiders are "in front right now" in the pursuit of Donovan McNabb.

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora also believes that Oakland is the favorite to land McNabb. "And I'm told they will NOT require an extension to get a deal done," Robinson adds. The Raiders were swindled for a future first-round pick by New England in last summer's Richard Seymour deal, with Seymour in a contract year. McNabb is also in the last year of his deal. We'd say Al Davis wouldn't make the same mistake again...but these are the Raiders.

from rotoworld.com

better days
03-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Heres why I like our chances.

I just dont see any way that McNabb will choose Oakland over us. Hes got friends and family in our neck of the woods, and he wont have to deal with Al Davis.

I really think the Eagles will tell him hes getting traded no matter what. Everyday that goes by and the bigger it gets, the worse it would be to try and repair for the Eagles and McNabb.

I think we have a real shot at this.

McNabb will have no choice but to go where he is traded. He does NOT have to sign a new contract with that team, & will not unless they make him VERY HAPPY to be there. He can play out the final year in his contract in Philly or somewhere else then become a free agent.

trapezeus
03-26-2010, 04:25 PM
one interesting thing for mcnabb is that if he gets shipped to oakland or buffalo, he might very well want to consider the extention. he's get more money up front, and after playing very poorly and possibly injured from 1 year on one of these two putrid teams, the term washedup will be floating around. No one will offer a long term deal and oakland and buffalo who were the only bidders will drop their price.

If the eagles sell mcnabb down the river and send him to a team he doesn't want to go to, he may be best served taking an extension, and retiring after the lockout with the extra dough.

funny how money and potential earnings change people's stances on things, no?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Give them a 3rd this year and a 4th next year that is conditional and could turn into a 3rd next year....