• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Aaron Maybin

As I reported a few weeks ago, this dude has been working out like a fein. He's been training with the guy (cant remember his name now) that trains Ray Lewis and some other big time NFL LBs

According to him he's put on 10 pounds in the last month.

I know a lot of people don't like him right now, but I think with this new defense he's going to become a very good rush OLB in this league.

To me it's almost like we have another high rookie draft pick on this team already.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Aaron Maybin

How dare you even suggest that Maybin could improve now that he'll be playing the right position. He did nothing last year, thus he'll never be worth a damn.

Love,

Bills Zone

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

I'll believe it when he actually shows something on the field

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Is he going to be fast enough to be effective when he puts on more weight though?

He was in the low 220's coming out of college and bulked up about 15-20 lbs before going to the NFL. Another 10 lbs and that's 30 lbs in a year. Granted, it's clearly muscle and not fat, but it's still another 30 lbs to move around.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I get why people would be skeptical. . But in his defense, he was hardly put in a position to succeed under Jauron and Fewell.

He's got talent.

It's kinda like drafting a big, tall WR and then putting him in the slot.. It won't work

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Which meaning of fein is he working out like?

Fein
            buy fein mugs, tshirts and magnets
            You love or can't get enough of
            i fein Chris Brown.
            fein feining love crave want
            by Mia or Chuchii Jul 22, 2008 share this
            2. fein
            Basically the irish version of dude. Used normally in the rural areas throughout Ireland, specifically the south.
            Well fein, whats da craic?
            fein irish slang fien feind
            by irishandsober Sep 24, 2006 share this
            3. Fein
            A man, boy, gentleman, or other such as reffered to in Cork, Ireland.
            Look at the state of the fein over there in the Celtic jersey driving the Toyota Glanza.
            cork ireland fein buer langer
            by Paul O'Sullivan Jun 5, 2006 share this

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
              How dare you even suggest that Maybin could improve now that he'll be playing the right position. He did nothing last year, thus he'll never be worth a damn.

Love,

Bills Zone
              I love myopic arguments. The fact that he did nothing last year is only one of many arguments against Maybin. He only had one good year in college, he's undersized, he did literally nothing last year and could have had Orakpo round out the criticisms. This was a BAD pick that will haunt this organization for years.

I never root for Bills players to fail, and I hope this guy turns it around. But hope is different from expectations. Given his size, his short college career, and his complete lack of performance last season, there is no reason to expect that he'll turn around.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                http://tweetphoto.com/15922401

As I reported a few weeks ago, this dude has been working out like a fein. He's been training with the guy (cant remember his name now) that trains Ray Lewis and some other big time NFL LBs

I know a lot of people don't like him right now, but I think with this new defense he's going to become a very good rush OLB in this league.

To me it's almost like we have another high rookie draft pick on this team already.
                Well it will be like having another rookie out there, yes.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                  Well it will be like having another rookie out there, yes.
                  Hmm, nice, add him to a team that has mostly played like rookies for years now.

Comment

• dasaybz
                    • Apr 2005

fiend

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I don't know why you guys are so hard on Maybin. I mean, who else on this team is going to jump up and down like he won the Super Bowl every time he assists on a tackle?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

Isn't he working out with Willis McGahee? And does that concern anybody here?

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I don't know why you guys are so hard on Maybin. I mean, who else on this team is going to jump up and down like he won the Super Bowl every time he assists on a tackle?
                          I thought Chris Kelsay had that job locked down years ago.

D & S Sports

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Is he going to be fast enough to be effective when he puts on more weight though?

He was in the low 220's coming out of college and bulked up about 15-20 lbs before going to the NFL. Another 10 lbs and that's 30 lbs in a year. Granted, it's clearly muscle and not fat, but it's still another 30 lbs to move around.
                            The reports on him coming out of college said that he has the frame to add weight and maintain his quickness. Honestly, how they truly know that, I'm not sure, though he does have a tall frame that should be able to support 250-260 pounds. I also don't know how long it might take him to get used to the extra weight.

However, I do believe that he'll benefit from a full offseason of real NFL training. Before the draft it was obvious he just wanted to add weight (he was at 249 for the NFL combine) and put up good numbers. Now he'll be used to the grind of the NFL and working out at all the minicamps and all of training camp. Hopefully it will help him.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• methos4ever
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              http://tweetphoto.com/15922401

One thing that was universal about him coming out was because of his age he has the ability to grow into whatever a team wants him to be size wise. I think he'll be on the field and productive this year. When's your interview with him Pat?

Comment

Working...
                              X