PDA

View Full Version : Brohm Ready to Compete

homeslice5484
03-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Old article, but with OTAs starting the 29th and the QB competition set to start I thought this would be a good read.

Chan said its going to be open and that they all have a chance, so lets see if Chan is true to his word.

Thanks to Pat Moran for putting this on his site a few months ago...hope he can get an interview with Brohm soon.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/20...-for-no-1-job/ (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/interview-brohm-ready-to-compete-for-no-1-job/)

Interview: Brohm ready to compete for No. 1 job (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/interview-brohm-ready-to-compete-for-no-1-job/)

Posted on January 14, 2010 by Tyler Dunne (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:Search_Author%28%27Tyler%20Dunne%27%29;)
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/brian-brohm-pic2.jpgLike everyone, Brian Brohm is playing the waiting game. He hears the rumors. An offensive coordinator here, a defensive guru there. He’s waiting and wondering. Any day, the Buffalo Bills will have a new head coach.
“I’m just anxious to see who it’s going to be,” Brohm said, “so we can get to work.”
Because then, Brohm’s strengths take over. Diving into a playbook. Learning the nuances of a scheme. Memorizing audibles. Knowing which on-the-line checks to make and when. Brohm is a self-diagnosed “football junkie.” Laughing, he admits that he rarely escapes the game. Green Bay’s Mike McCarthy once said Brohm picked up his offspring of the West Coast offense faster than anyone he’s ever had.

YardRat
03-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I have to admit it...I'm rooting for Brohm over Edwards and Fitz.

RockStar36
03-27-2010, 01:39 PM
If it were strictly between those three guys, I'm definitely rooting for Brohm. He's still relatively unknown in terms of what he might accomplish, I think we've seen what the other two can bring to the table.

Albany,n.y.
03-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Chan said its going to be open and that they all have a chance, so lets see if Chan is true to his word.

Do us all a favor-when Brohm is eliminated from the competition early don't turn into a whiner and start posting that Chan lied to Brohm. That sentence above screams out that you will blame Gailey for Brohm's failures. Please, just don't do it!

homeslice5484
03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Actually I wont be that person, and never have been. I just want them to let the guys compete fairly and base it on performance.

Albany,n.y.
03-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Actually I wont be that person, and never have been. I just want them to let the guys compete fairly and base it on performance.
Good, then I overreacted because I just replied to another post I saw where you were afraid of a fake competition & I thought you were headed for the same trip the guys who still want JP are on, always telling us he'll haunt us, when the only thing that haunts us is them. Sorry for seeing those guys in your posts.

homeslice5484
03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
If Brohm doesn't win it, then he was not the best guy for the job. We will never know if the competition was truly fair, so arguing that point would be stupid.

I just hope this staff gives him a chance is all. If he does not win it, then I assume he didn't earn it. I just remember the so called competition with JP/Holcomb/Nall...that was not a real competition thats all.

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2010, 02:45 PM
i want pre-concussion trent edwards

jamze132
03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Here's hoping we don't draft a QB in the first round this year, especially considering the fact that we have an unknown in Brohm.

DrGraves
03-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Brohm/Fitz/Edwards should just be hoping they make the roster that this point.... Chan is going to be taking out the trash soon.

Michael82
03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Let's Go Brohm! Please win the job and get Edwards traded! :pray:

mikemac2001
03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
brohm is only QB i want to see other then a ROOKIE or mcnabb

edwards would need a miracle to get his confidence back and not suck.....and fitz can be a 2nd or 3rd string

HAMMER
03-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Let's Go Brohm! Please win the job and get Edwards traded! :pray:

You really want Edwards gone. I'm don't agree, which is unusual as we most always agree on personnel issues. I think at worst he will benefit us as a backup.

better days
03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
You really want Edwards gone. I'm don't agree, which is unusual as we most always agree on personnel issues. I think at worst he will benefit us as a backup.

Yeah? Like the game he came in for Fitz & was injured on the FIRST play?

JCBills
03-28-2010, 10:43 AM
If Brohm or anyone comes in, wins the job, and does decent, what will be enough in the eyes of the fans? I don't see O.P. being very understanding over a QB needing time to develop, and probably having a few atrocious games. The armchair experts in this town might be booing faster than ever, it's to the point where I think people want an instant-Manning and nothing less.

Michael82
03-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry, but I never really liked Edwards. He gave me some hope at times, but he's injury prone and doesn't seem to have any balls. I'm sick of all the dumpoffs, hell...he even does it in camp! I'm ready for a change and feel that if we could get anything for any of the QBs, it's him. His contract is cheap and he's young with lots of potential. I just don't see it working out here. I think he's lost confidence in himself and the team has lost confidence in him. It's time to move on.

SirMcGee
03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Shouldnt this be a given? Shouldnt everybody on the team be ready to "compete" for a starting position?

FlyingDutchman
03-28-2010, 02:34 PM
even if Brohm comes in and "wins the job"...thats still not a good thing..the dude was taken from a practice squad and we're hoping he can start for us....awesome

djjimkelly
03-28-2010, 03:02 PM
even if Brohm comes in and "wins the job"...thats still not a good thing..the dude was taken from a practice squad and we're hoping he can start for us....awesome

he was actually tucked onto the practice squad for GB because of all their offensive line issues.

they wanted a more experienced guy as the backup

the numbers made them do it

bills are lucky to have this guy on our roster.

JCBills
03-28-2010, 03:11 PM
he was actually tucked onto the practice squad for GB because of all their offensive line issues.

Flynn wasn't more experienced. It could have been Flynn was a little more ready in the now, whereas Brohm has a higher ceiling. We'll never know the whole deal behind the GB QB deal. I personally think they might have taken Brohm to help motivate Rodgers, kind of a message to him. Once it was apparent Rodgers was going to be what they had been grooming him to become behind Favre for a few years, they remove the threat to the PS. It's just my crazy theory of course lol, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing a franchise has done to send a message to a player. They also might have not wanted to pay their #2 QB 2nd round money when they could pay someone 7th round money.

FlyingDutchman
03-28-2010, 03:25 PM

still doesnt make me feel any better...so at best he was 3rd string QB for an NFL team, do you think hes really going to come into Buffalo of all places and all of the sudden get it? I want it to work out just like you, but lets be realistic here

HHURRICANE
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I'll say it again. He won't be on the 53 man roster when the season begins.

JCBills
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I'll say it again. He won't be on the 53 man roster when the season begins.
I'll make a bet. If he isn't, you win nothing. If he is, you donate 2,000 ZB to me lol :P

Bravo82
03-28-2010, 08:47 PM
why would we keep Brohm on the roster when we have Tebow, Edwards, Fitzy, and Hamdan? :scratch:

JCBills
03-28-2010, 08:53 PM
why would we keep Brohm on the roster when we have Tebow, Edwards, Fitzy, and Hamdan? :scratch:

1. Won't be a Bill, don't have 2-3 years to spend.
2. Shot confidence.
3. Backup
4. CFL