PDA

View Full Version : Bills Tidbits.....

WCoastFin
06-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Bills | Williams a Lame Duck? - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:19:20 -0700

The Buffalo News reports Buffalo Bills head coach Gregg Williams is entering the final year of his contract with the team. The Bills have not offered him an extension to his first deal and if he doesn’t produce he won’t be asked to return.

......LMAO!!!!!!!! :snicker:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bills | Stokes Wouldn’t be an Upgrade - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:19:12 -0700

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills studied free agent WR J.J. Stokes (49ers) but determined he would not be an upgrade to their current group of wide receivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bills | Cota: Contributor or Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:18:59 -0700

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills S Chad Cota could wind up as a key contributor for the Bills this year or he could be cut during training camp. Whether or not he makes it with the team will depend on how he plans and how the competition responds during training camp.

Bills | Jett: Contributor or Cut? - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:04:56 -0700

The Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills WR James Jett could wind up as a key contributor for the Bills this year or he could be cut during training camp. Whether or not he makes it with the team will depend on how he plans and how the competition responds during training camp.

.......I think the Bills are coming to realize those signings (Jett/Cota) were a mistake...."Lame Duck" LMAO!!!!!!

Doc
06-08-2003, 08:17 PM
How were they a mistake? They'll count $25K (the amount of their signing bonuses) over the veteran minimum if they make the team and just $25K apiece if they don't. More competition is always a good thing, except however in the case of the Dols and Fiddler/Griese. That will be a controversy the likes of Flutie/RJ.

As for Williams being a lame duck coach, he's no more lame than Wannstedt. Just because Wannstedt has a contract beyond this year only means the Dols will have to pay him the remainder of his contract as a head coach if/when they get rid of him.

Mr. Miyagi
06-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
[B]
.......I think the Bills are coming to realize those signings (Jett/Cota) were a mistake...."Lame Duck" LMAO!!!!!!
Sounds like you're talking about Seau! :lol:

ublinkwescore
06-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Our lame duck coach swept your lame duck coach moron.

BillsFanInMass
06-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Williams isnt a bad coach at all. I like his aggressiveness

Tatonka
06-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Doc
As for Williams being a lame duck coach, he's no more lame than Wannstedt. Just because Wannstedt has a contract beyond this year only means the Dols will have to pay him the remainder of his contract as a head coach if/when they get rid of him.

i was just thinking the same exact thing!.. either wanny wins or gets fired.. and the fish still have to pay him..

either greg wins or just doesnt get resigned and we owe nothing.

SABURZFAN
06-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
Williams isnt a bad coach at all. I like his aggressiveness

yeah...he showed how aggressive he was when he punted on 4th and 2 at new england's 32.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Bills | Williams a Lame Duck? - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:19:20 -0700

The Buffalo News reports Buffalo Bills head coach Gregg Williams is entering the final year of his contract with the team. The Bills have not offered him an extension to his first deal and if he doesn’t produce he won’t be asked to return.

......LMAO!!!!!!!! :snicker:

Something tells me that the Bills offered him an extension and her turned it down to show that he can win and get a bigger contract after this season.

Doc
06-09-2003, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't be surprised. If he does well, he gets a much bigger contract than he'd get right now. If he doesn't do well, he's probably gone in any case, contract or not.

Ebenezer
06-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Our lame duck coach swept your lame duck coach moron.

:rofl: best shot at Toast in a week!! that was great...

Jan Reimers
06-09-2003, 08:28 AM
I really must compliment the D&C on its insightful analysis of Cota's and Jett's chances. Don't any nonstarters' chances for success depend on how they pla(y) and how their competition responds?

SoCalBillsFan
06-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Uh, we've known he was a lame duck coahc for months now. Whats the big deal?

I love that westcoast is having to work hard to find ways to knock us now!

Novacane
06-09-2003, 11:10 AM
West coast...............................are'nt you glad the mods here are not little pu$$ies like the mods at finheaven. We'd get banned for starting a thread like this over there.

Typ0
06-09-2003, 12:15 PM
That KFFL site is such a credible source. Their writing is so original and they always have breaking news.