PDA

View Full Version : After reading PFT's latest post on McNabb

Tourettes Guy
03-27-2010, 01:49 PM
They said that Pasquarelli said no team has offered more than a 3rd rounder for McNabb. This makes me happy, as our franchise apparently has this whole thing in perspective. They realize what McNabb is, what he'd want, and what it'd require.

Let's face it, if you gotta sign him you don't wanna get abused in the trade itself.

This, to me, makes it a no brainer. If we can get him for our 3rd I'd be ecstatic. If we could get him for our 3rd and Whitner, I'd be ecstatic.

I don't see how anybody could find that bad. I agree that the first two rounds is too pricey, but to give up a 3rd and a POS weak safety we don't even like, sounds too good to be true.

Let's hope we can get this done. Go LT/DT 1 and 2, however the value shakes out best, and we can go with our "water bug" in round 4 and add LB depth and maybe a WR down later.

If we grab McNabb, I think Kevin Curtis (correction) would be a good bargain basement acquisition, since they've played together.

Basically, a 3rd and Whitner or less and I'm happy with the trade.

DrGraves
03-27-2010, 02:00 PM
I'd be happy with that. But I don't think anyone wants Whitner. I think he will get cut at some point...

However, I think the smart thing to do would be to accept the fact that this team won't be competitive this year or next so maybe go draft a franchise QB.

Jaybird
03-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I am a big fan of George Wilson, but I think whitner will start over him, and not be moved.

Giving up a third round pick (especially in this years draft) without having a contract extension in place for Mcnabb is a big mistake

WeAreArthurMoates
03-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I am a big fan of George Wilson, but I think whitner will start over him, and not be moved.

Giving up a third round pick (especially in this years draft) without having a contract extension in place for Mcnabb is a big mistake

I'm sorry but giving up a 3rd for a 2 year McNabb rental is worth it. It will give us time to develop another qb and if we make the playoffs, that will change McNabbs prespective.

Jaybird
03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
isn't it only one year of Mcnabb??

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2010, 02:51 PM
what's the point of getting mcnabb when he doesn't want to sign a contract for at least 3 years? why bother? one year rental? no thanks, let him rot somewhere else.

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2010, 04:08 PM
isn't it only one year of Mcnabb??He's figuring on tagging him too. $14M?

Night Train
03-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Sirius says the Bills may be backing off, since McNabb won't sign an extension.

SirMcGee
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
No thanks to McNabb...I'll pass.

better days
03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
He's figuring on tagging him too. $14M?

Wait until Payton & Tom sign their new contracts. It will be CRAZY to franchise a QB for that money.

SABURZFAN
03-28-2010, 03:22 AM
Sirius says the Bills may be backing off, since McNabb won't sign an extension.

good move. McNabb has his heart set on Arizona and Minnesota. he's trying to manipulate the way Favre did/does in the twilight of his career. he's just not going to stay around as long as Favre has. he's in it for the final paycheck and he wants to be on a contender where his name is in talks with Super Bowl. unfortunately, Buffalo isn't that place.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Send a third and Whitner or Lynch...

If he won't sign an extension, just tag him every year.

Who else are we spending the money on anyways?

Don't Panic
03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
good move. McNabb has his heart set on Arizona and Minnesota. he's trying to manipulate the way Favre did/does in the twilight of his career. he's just not going to stay around as long as Favre has. he's in it for the final paycheck and he wants to be on a contender where his name is in talks with Super Bowl. unfortunately, Buffalo isn't that place.

Buffalo could be that place in 2011 if we have two solid drafts and a few key FA additions next year. We have 4 positions to fix and we are a playoff team. It is far from a stretch to say we could fill them by May 1, 2011, especially if we get McNabb for a 3rd. I just don't get why he wouldn't want to be here, but it seems pretty obvious that he doesn't.

Maybe Nix will say screw it and offer a 3rd and a conditional pick if we end up resigning him. Bring him on board and then convince him this is a place worth playing in during the course of the year. I'd even bring back TO for him if he wanted it...

Still, in the end, I just don't see it happening.

Jeff1220
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd love to see a trade for McNabb, but only if there's an extension. If no extension, a 7th is too much.