PDA

View Full Version : Classic Bills Game

homeslice5484
03-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Dick Jauron was the Jags DC at the time.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2RG92WC7MM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D2RG92WC7MM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PcA125
03-27-2010, 05:03 PM
That was my first ever bills game... soooo good

homeslice5484
03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Well then its even better I posted it for the memories...I wish we had a QB with guts

MikeInRoch
03-27-2010, 05:23 PM
And probably the reason for all the midget licking that goes on in Bills nation.

mikemac2001
03-27-2010, 05:29 PM
man i had to skip to the end.......

i remember it being blacked out but they showed the last drive for some reason it was awesome

trapezeus
03-27-2010, 05:57 PM
again, everytime i watch old games, i notice that the team just had a sense of duty and heart that these current teams don't have.

you go down by a touchdown, the team responds with a nice drive. they defense holds for fieldgoals, the offense responds by not going 3 and out.

this is so awesome for the memories, but you totally see the intangible stuff that we haven't had in ages.

djjimkelly
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM
well i will say this bills had a nice slew of weapons then

reed moulds williams stacked

antwain smith thurman stacked

riemersma i think i saw lonnie johnson stacked

i never really liked flutie i though he was average

but u stack the team with talent it will win even with an average qb

Tourettes Guy
03-27-2010, 07:58 PM
It's a mentality. Jauron was a loser and nobody had faith in him. You can say you do, you can try to, you may even think you do. But if a guy just leads you to loss after loss, it's hard to get confident.

Football is the most mental sport, IMO. A group of guys have to gel, and minor mistakes cost you games. I think most if not all of our problems lately are from poor coaching.

BillsFanCupp38
03-27-2010, 08:17 PM
I remember listening to it on the radio because the game was blacked out. Van Miller screaming ITS FANDOMONIUM!!!

elkhunter
03-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I was at that game. When Flutie jumped into the stands my buddy and I were just out of reach. When he ran that keeper in that place was ROCKIN! Ah, the good old days.:beers:

ZAZusmc03
03-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I miss those days so much that the video made me vomit in my mouth a little.

WTF can't Marshawn hit the holes like Thurman?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
even those late 90s teams had great talent and pro bowlers everywhere...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-28-2010, 09:03 AM
bruce smith
ted washington
pat williams
sam cowart
marcellus wiley
thomas smith
henry jones
doug flutie
thurman thomas
andre reed
eric moulds
ruben brown
john fina
.... we had some really good core players....

ServoBillieves
03-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Why couldn't Daimon Shelton run like that for us?

ServoBillieves
03-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Also, where has that intensity gone? Both for the players and I will even call the fans out on that one. I mean, 10 straight no-playoff seasons is one way to do it but if the players and fans had that kind of intensity again... man shivers down the spine.

Syderick
03-28-2010, 06:48 PM
There were alot of good players then.

Throne Logic
03-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I recorded the '91 Superbowl off NFLN. Haven't watched it yet (well, again since the original airing). Debating it. I'd love to watch that team play again. But not sure if that's the game I want to see them in. . .

Maybe I can just skip over the OJ Anderson bits. I still have nightmares with him just runnin' and runnin' and runnin' and not getting tackled and runnin' AAAAAAACK! Man, if they could have just contained his old arse, Scott wouldn't have had to attempt that friggin' infamous field goal.

JCBills
03-29-2010, 12:18 AM
I recorded the '91 Superbowl off NFLN. Haven't watched it yet (well, again since the original airing). Debating it. I'd love to watch that team play again. But not sure if that's the game I want to see them in. . .

Maybe I can just skip over the OJ Anderson bits. I still have nightmares with him just runnin' and runnin' and runnin' and not getting tackled and runnin' AAAAAAACK! Man, if they could have just contained his old arse, Scott wouldn't have had to attempt that friggin' infamous field goal.

If you want to watch the 90's Bills again, just browse this guy's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BillCody1960

He's got quite a bit, these are my personal favorite, all of Andre Reed's TDs from 1985 to 1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adDmdg5DD6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-H1fl0zu0I

Iehoshua
03-29-2010, 07:37 AM
And probably the reason for all the midget licking that goes on in Bills nation. If liking the QB who led the Bills to their last playoff appearance counts, then call me a licker.

:hungry:

The last buffalo fan
03-29-2010, 01:17 PM
If liking the QB who led the Bills to their last playoff appearance counts, then call me a licker.

:hungry:

:hi5:

Call him all you want, but the guy knew how to win games. :beers: