PDA

View Full Version : Why does Ottawa pwn us?

jamze132
03-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Why do they match up so well against us? Why do we not change our game plan against them considering we have beeten them 6 times since the lockout?

G Wolly
03-27-2010, 05:02 PM
We aren't physical enough to compete with them. And we don't go after them when they have possession. We wait for them to take their shots and get their guys to the front.

RockStar36
03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I think a ton of it is mental. I've seen quite a few Ottawa games against other teams and they really aren't this juggernaut that they seem to be to us. I also owned Brian Elliot on my fantasy team at one point and I can guarantee he isn't the beast that he is against us. It's beyond frustrating.

G Wolly
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I love my team through the good and bad.

And seeing this happen every time against the same team is hard to watch.

Especially when we CAN beat them.

Nighthawk
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
The Sabres are soft...that is the reason. When things get tough, they melt. It also does not help that Miller has a mental block against them also. It's a complete team problem...including Ruff.

Ingtar33
03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
miller is a position goaltender... a sniper if he can paint the post with a shot will beat him more often then not.

Ottawa's goalscorers are all skilled snipers. they pick him apart. It's just a bad matchup.

SkateZilla
03-27-2010, 07:25 PM
i guess we let them, so when it comes playoffs we finish them off in 5 games, on a shorthanded goal on their home ice..

Buffalogic
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Because the sabres usually just skate all over their opponent and beat them with quickness speed and skill. Not a lot of teams can play or match up in a game like that, but Ottawa can because they have very skilled players. Bad matchup for the sabres.