PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter Arrested For DUI, Assault, Resisting Arrest - Nice Signing, Cards

Night Train
03-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Just read that new Cards LB Joey Porter got a DUI and hit a police officer when he tried to unlock his door.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14770661?nclick_check=1

SABURZFAN
03-27-2010, 08:53 PM
unreal.... :shakeno:

DynaPaul
03-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Ok... so who wanted to sign this guy?

HAMMER
03-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Ok... so who wanted to sign this guy?

Tell me.

Ebenezer
03-28-2010, 08:46 AM
...I believe there were some people here...

RockStar36
03-28-2010, 05:17 PM
I wanted the Bills to sign him. I don't know how much this changes things. It's not like the Bills have this classy organization with no trouble makers on the roster.

justasportsfan
03-29-2010, 10:25 AM
It's not like the Bills have this classy organization with no trouble makers on the roster.

Don't turn this against the bills. The bills were right for not signing him.

Mike13
03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Thank God he's gone

RockStar36
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Don't turn this against the bills. The bills were right for not signing him.

:rofl:

You know the Bills wanted him in for a visit and Porter turned them down, right?

justasportsfan
03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
:rofl:

You know the Bills wanted him in for a visit and Porter turned them down, right?
We also brought in Moreno for a visit.. Doesn't mean anything.

RockStar36
03-30-2010, 09:02 AM
What?

You're implying that the Bills turned Porter down.

They didn't. They wanted him to come in and he wouldn't even give Buffalo the time.

Jeff1220
03-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I wanted the Bills to sign him. I don't know how much this changes things. It's not like the Bills have this classy organization with no trouble makers on the roster.

I think the point is that he'd be no good to them anyway when he's suspended.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 10:55 AM
What?

You're implying that the Bills turned Porter down.

They didn't. They wanted him to come in and he wouldn't even give Buffalo the time.
Just because they were bringing him in doesn't mean they were going to offer him the world unless you have sources.

RockStar36
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Just because they were bringing him in doesn't mean they were going to offer him the world unless you have sources.

No, but you're saying the Bills were right for not signing him. Well, they didn't even have that opportunity because Porter turned them down.

This would be like saying the Bills were right for not signing Pacman Jones.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
No, but you're saying the Bills were right for not signing him. Well, they didn't even have that opportunity because Porter turned them down.

This would be like saying the Bills were right for not signing Pacman Jones.

If the bills offered him the world he would've come. I'm glad they didn't which led to him choosing not to come here and sign elsewhere.

madness
03-30-2010, 11:24 AM
If the bills offered him the world he would've come. I'm glad they didn't which led to him choosing not to come here and sign elsewhere.

He had his heart set on Arizona from the beginning.

It's been predicted Porter will sign with Arizona. Porter wants to be close to Cali where his family lives, especially to be closer to his daughter who has autism. If Arizona wants him, it's practically a done deal.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
He had his heart set on Arizona from the beginning.
The bills could've sent word through his agent that we were willing to pay way more than Arizona is willing to pay. IMO, the bills wanted to bring him in for a "look" just like we did with guys like Moreno amd Porter said no. Money talks but it's pretty obvious that the bills weren't talking money to him.

Point is, the bills could've made him an offer he couldn't refuse which they didn't and I'm glad they didn't.

Stewie
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
so.. porter had no business driving drunk, but now the CHP is investigating his claims of police brutality. And when I read the original report, my first reaction was that the cop had no business pulling porter out of the car, as joey tried to roll up the windows and lock up the vehicle as he exited. It is his right not to allow the cop into the car, and that means locking it up as he exits the vehicle.

Like I said, he certainly shouldnt have been driving drunk (how much did he make last year? get a limo!) but sounds like the cop could blown the situation out of proportion