PDA

View Full Version : lucky we didn't get porter

buffalobillsfan95
03-27-2010, 05:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/27/joey-porter-arrested-for-dui-assaulting-a-police-officer/

JCBills
03-27-2010, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCQ7VLoY7bQ

mrbojanglezs
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
:loser:

Tourettes Guy
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Yup. So all you dip****s who wanted to sign him fess up below and eat your **** sandwich.

djjimkelly
03-27-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah our front office were azzholes and ralph cheap because we didnt sign this loser

PECKERWOOD
03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Yup. So all you dip****s who wanted to sign him fess up below and eat your **** sandwich.

Who wouldn't want him? Nobody has a crystal ball, the guy has a history of success to go along with a Superbowl ring.

The Spaz
03-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Joey Porter would be a great mentor to learn the 3-4 from....lol

RockStar36
03-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Yeah, this organization is way too classy for a player like that.

The only thing that would be worse if our running back was involved in a hit and run AND was pulled over with pot and an unregistered gun within one calendar year.

Good thing that doesn't happen with Buffalo players.

psubills62
03-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Boy, I guess all those people who told me "Joey Porter will get pulled over and get arrested for drunk driving, that's why we shouldn't sign him" were right.

YardRat
03-27-2010, 07:18 PM
To be fair, some who didn't want him cited character issues and not necessarily his ability to contribute on the field.

psubills62
03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
To be fair, some who didn't want him cited character issues and not necessarily his ability to contribute on the field.

:idunno: I don't really remember anyone saying anything about it, but sometimes I miss things.

Don't get me wrong - his on-the-field product wasn't worth what Arizona paid, whether Porter had character concerns or not.

Tourettes Guy
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
The dude has gotten himself shot already, now he's resisting arrest.

Resisting arrest is one of the worst things, IMO. It's just pure disrespect for the entire system, and an obvious show of blatant arrogance.

Now that he's gotten his last deal, he's going to coast to retirement and probably prison. The guy is a true piece of trash.

SABURZFAN
03-27-2010, 09:12 PM
:idunno: I don't really remember anyone saying anything about it, but sometimes I miss things.

some people did mention the Levi Jones incident.

BertSquirtgum
03-28-2010, 12:26 AM

so because this guy got a dui after the fact.....anyone who wanted the bills to sign him is a dip****? you sir, are a moron.

HAMMER
03-28-2010, 01:10 AM
I like his spunk, most cops are jerks anyways.

Buddo
03-28-2010, 06:18 AM
I thought he would have been worth a look for his play, but not at the price the Cards paid.
I'm also pleased that we don't have him on the roster, when he's pulling this sort of crap.
I do find it ironic, that he gets to play where he wanted to, yet then gets caught up in this sort of garbage.
While I do believe that on the field he could have been an asset, with the benefit of hindsight, it was wisdom not to go after him hard.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Resisting arrest? We've never had anyone do something so brazen!

The funny part is with this everyone talks smack about it...

In Donte Whitners case, it's a misunderstanding and he's still God.

TedMock
03-28-2010, 10:35 AM
This is where police brutality would have been perfectly fine. Too bad they missed the opportunity. A lot of these idiots resist arrest on various levels, but Porter slapped the hand of the officer. They should've dragged him out and kicked the crap out of him for that. Yelling and screaming is one thing (also can be considered resisting though), but touching the cop is way over the limit. He can still rush the passer, but it's all he does well anymore. I would like him as a situational player, but he would never accept that role as he proved by refusing to come out of games when coaches told him too. That is primarily why I didn't want him. Sometimes addition by subtraction is very real. Miami did the right thing.