PDA

View Full Version : Billieve

jlruss90
03-28-2010, 12:21 AM
You know it maybe some liquid courage but when everyone says were not going anywhere or were playing for 2 yrs....idk about you guys but i see some potential in all of these players. i know i maybe stupid or a homer but i see a offensive line that played so well initially with members like Wood im looking for them to continually improve, they competed and succeeded week 1.

offensively i still love the running backs on this roster while fred jackson emerged as a starter but do NOT underestimate Lynch coming into an offseeason where he knows he is "not the guy"....if he comes this offseason with a chip on his shoulder he could perform big.

If we can add a qb like McNabb to the team we instantly become a playoff contender but if we go with what we have i am interested to see what edarwds can do under a new regime. while he has been bad in the past he has shown brilliance if he is the starter he deserved 1 more shot.

the defense is where i feel comfortable..the 3-4 gives us the attitude where we will make you pay if you underestimate us....while whitner is a tad overrated how can u not love McKelvin-McGee-Byrd-Wilson as the secondary, those are game changers...with Dwan Edwards we need to play Maybin on his side because he will be able to free Maybin up for clean shots at the QB.

While i know being good may not be in some people's thoughts, i cannot just write off the entire season because this is the nfl, with the fundamentals each yr the bills would be better than previously.

I BILLIEVE we are a lot close than people think.

BillsWin
03-28-2010, 12:49 AM
I love this time of year. It is the point right before the draft where threads like this begin to pop up. I wrote one myself the other day about how I see potential at almost every position on the roster.

Of course, we are still a few seasons away.

No franchise QB, no legitimate, proven No. 2 WR.

An offensive line in a state of flux, with no real left tackle.

A defense switching to the 3-4 and in need of a space eating NT, and some major depth at nearly every position.

While I agree that we do have talent on this roster (the majority of it being young and unproven), the fact remains that we are switching coaching staffs and switching schemes.

Realistically, if Buddy's "build through the draft" mentality is not just smoke and mirrors, than it SHOULD take us two drafts to get all our guys in here. Which includes getting our franchise QB.

Whether that is Clausen this year, or a pick next year.

JCBills
03-28-2010, 12:54 AM
McNabb wouldn't instantly make us a playoff contender.

We're 2-3 years off from taking shape, if we have a monster draft we might be able to pull off 7 or 8 wins, but won't be looking at anything more than that for at least a season. Getting rid of a 2nd day pick for a stopgap would be a waste. We need that pick with Nix's draft history, he's landed guys like Marcus McNeil and Vincent Jackson in the 2nd round.

SABURZFAN
03-28-2010, 02:02 AM
McNabb wouldn't instantly make us a playoff contender.

give me McNabb, a veteran WR, and a NT to help rotate that position and i think they can be.

Yasgur's Farm
03-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Jets did it.

sksteele
03-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Last Year : We ALL thought we had the worst coaching staff in football AND we thought T.O. was a waste of time, and we got DESTROYED by injuries, especially on the O-line. So why would we be worse this year? That makes no sense at all. 9-7 is not far away at all.

DBrown77
03-28-2010, 08:46 AM
We have all been Billieving for years. I am sick of Billieving. I want the team to PRO-DUCE!

AB4now
03-28-2010, 09:00 AM
give me McNabb, a veteran WR, and a NT to help rotate that position and i think they can be.
that and gaither at LT and we could suprise people...IMO:usflag:

YardRat
03-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm more optimistic about this season than I was about 2009.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Rose petal glasses are cute. Where did you get your pair?

YardRat
03-28-2010, 10:40 AM

I wasn't optimistic last season at all, so saying I'm more so this season really isn't a reach.

I like the new front office.
I'm willing to give the new coaching staff a chance.
I like the young offensive line, and hope we add an LT.
I'm optimistic about the defense switching schemes, getting bigger on the front seven, and possibly having players at more suitable positions instead of trying to jam tweeners where they don't belong.

Hell, we won more games in '09 than I expected, and if we can accomplish that with the coaching staff, slew of injuries, and mental breakdowns that we suffered through I don't see any reason why we can't equal or better it in '10.

JCBills
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM

They're much better than the ****-colored ones you look through.

elltrain22
03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I love your level of optimism, but I think if this team wins 5 games, it'll be a good season.

Don't Panic
03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Last Year : We ALL thought we had the worst coaching staff in football AND we thought T.O. was a waste of time, and we got DESTROYED by injuries, especially on the O-line. So why would we be worse this year? That makes no sense at all. 9-7 is not far away at all.

If we hit a home run in the draft, I could see us going 9-7. But we'd need to be relatively injury-free (which all clubs do to be successful), and if we don't trade for McNabb (which I really don't think we will do), then we need Edwards to play like he did the first 5 games of 2008. If those three things happen, we are definitely 9-7. Not so sure they will, though. Especially #3.

jlruss90
03-28-2010, 11:54 AM
likingtwoteamsisreallycool.com

is the mb your looking for fun times, leave the real fans to discuss billieving in our team, not our teamS.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
They're much better than the ****-colored ones you look through.

Realism is not the enemy buddy.

JCBills
03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Realism is not the enemy buddy.

Oh I'm extremely realistic in my views, you're just the eternal pessimist.

more cowbell
03-28-2010, 01:29 PM
likingtwoteamsisreallycool.com

is the mb your looking for fun times, leave the real fans to discuss billieving in our team, not our teamS.

lol...what???