PDA

View Full Version : Bills LBs like 3-4 scheme

The Spaz
03-28-2010, 09:30 AM
The Bills change to a 3-4 defensive system is going to require a lot of new learning for a lot of Buffalo’s defenders on the roster through the 2010 offseason. But after a handful of seasons in which stopping the run and getting to the quarterback consistently has been an issue the Bills defense is more than willing to try something new.

“I’m excited about it,” said Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell. “I know it can create a lot of problems for offenses. I think I can fit well in the system.”

Where Mitchell fits will be an interesting question. He played mainly on the weak side in Buffalo’s previous 4-3 system, though he filled in at middle linebacker last year before getting injured and has previous experience inside.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-LBs-like-3-4-scheme/fae9a63d-87f7-433c-943b-eeddee878a91

YardRat
03-28-2010, 09:51 AM
We get an extra mini-camp also with the coaching change, I believe, so that will hopefully help with the learning curve.

malvado78
03-29-2010, 07:57 AM
What is Mitchell supposed to say???

"I hate this 3-4. I am not sure what to do. Assignment what?"

Then he gets cut.

HHURRICANE
03-29-2010, 08:05 AM
No matter how you slice it the Tampa 2 was a joke the day it showed up here. If you want to really roll Jauron under the bus this is a good place to start.

Coaches have to be smart enough to implement startegies that are in sync with the financial philosphies of the team and it's ability to sign players that can actually play in the scheme. Two slow and lazy white DEs was the first clue that the Tampa 2 wasn't going to work.

better days
03-29-2010, 09:41 AM
What is Mitchell supposed to say???

"I hate this 3-4. I am not sure what to do. Assignment what?"

Then he gets cut.

Or if he was not excited about it, he could have said NOTHING.

JCBills
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
No matter how you slice it the Tampa 2 was a joke the day it showed up here. If you want to really roll Jauron under the bus this is a good place to start.

Coaches have to be smart enough to implement startegies that are in sync with the financial philosphies of the team and it's ability to sign players that can actually play in the scheme. Two slow and lazy white DEs was the first clue that the Tampa 2 wasn't going to work.

I'm not exactly sure what Jerry Gray's 4-3 scheme was, but it's safe to say it used elements of the Tampa 2. That defensive unit ranked #2 in 2003 and 2004.

casdhf
03-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Coaches have to be smart enough to implement startegies that are in sync with the financial philosphies of the team and it's ability to sign players that can actually play in the scheme. Two slow and lazy white DEs was the first clue that the Tampa 2 wasn't going to work. I'm guessing you mean Kelsay and Denney? Aaron Schobel is the man.

HHURRICANE
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm guessing you mean Kelsay and Denney? Aaron Schobel is the man.

Aaaron Schobel never gets a double team so how dominate is this guy really?

For all of the Schobel lovers here at the end of the day he has been nothing special. Not like he makes the Wall of Fame.

Ron Burgundy
03-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Or if he was not excited about it, he could have said NOTHING.

:rofl: @ Kawika Mitchell keeping his mouth shut

That's priceless!

Night Train
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
:rofl: @ Kawika Mitchell keeping his mouth shut

That's priceless!

Agreed.

He and Whitner need to attend tweet rehab.