PDA

View Full Version : Attending this year's draft for NFL.com Blog Blitz

T-Long
03-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Just got confirmation that I will be covering this year's draft at Radio City Music Hall again, this time for NFL.com Blog Blitz. I will be running a live blog during the draft and taking questions, along with accepting questions that you want answered from all the draftees in attendance. I am also pairing up with my old Yahoo! buddies and trying to get more NFL guys as well. They are having Tiki Barber this year as their host for the draft, so I'll be able to talk to him as well and get his thoughts on the Bills draft.

I will post the live blog link once I get it, and any other information I get in this thread. Please feel free to post any questions you have for guys that are attending the draft and I'll do my best to get them answered for you all.

BillsWin
03-28-2010, 02:04 PM
I was supposed to go, but turns out I have a family member's wedding that weekend. Completely forgot.

I mixed the dates and thought it was this summer...

I was very excited for the opportunity and I can't believe I am really going to miss it. But, you win some you lose some. Maybe next year.

I will be reading your blog from my phone T-Long! Don't try to yell too loud when they pick Clausen... ;)

Slim
03-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Congrads man, im jealous. Before i die i will go to a draft.

ZAZusmc03
03-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Congrats, Looking forward to reading the blog!

YardRat
03-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Ask Tebow if his long-range plans are in insurance or real estate.

JCBills
03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Congrats Terry, if there's any whispers about us moving back as the pick approaches let us know!

methos4ever
03-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Congrats Terry!

hammerbillsfan
03-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Awesome man! :up: :gobills:

DraftBoy
03-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Awesome to hear man! Have a blast again!

shelby
03-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Congrats Terry, i look forward to reading your blog!

hydro
03-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Hopefully Clausen has a bodyguard with him...

j/k man. Have fun!

jamze132
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Just got confirmation that I will be covering this year's draft at Radio City Music Hall again, this time for NFL.com Blog Blitz. I will be running a live blog during the draft and taking questions, along with accepting questions that you want answered from all the draftees in attendance. I am also pairing up with my old Yahoo! buddies and trying to get more NFL guys as well. They are having Tiki Barber this year as their host for the draft, so I'll be able to talk to him as well and get his thoughts on the Bills draft.

I will post the live blog link once I get it, and any other information I get in this thread. Please feel free to post any questions you have for guys that are attending the draft and I'll do my best to get them answered for you all.
Uh...

I bet you're going to be super pissed that you attended the wedding in lieu of the NFL DRAFT if they end up divorced...

T-Long
03-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Uh...

I bet you're going to be super pissed that you attended the wedding in lieu of the NFL DRAFT if they end up divorced...

?

methos4ever
03-29-2010, 08:07 AM
?
He's thinking of Billswin, and his wedding story up top.

Lexwhat
03-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Uh...

Yea well, along the same lines, imagine the Bills fan that attended his first NFL draft in 2006.

"With the 8th overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select....... Ohio State Safety Donte Whitner."

I would say the same for Aaron Maybin (over Orakpo), but then people would start getting all uptight and defensive.

THRILLHO
03-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Tiki Barber!? There has gotta be someone else with more knoweldge you can talk to :P

Have fun, we are all jealous.

trapezeus
03-29-2010, 08:29 AM
T-Long, what do you think about this switch to a thursday night primetime? do you think they are going to pack in a 5 hour ordeal in 3 hours on NFL network? Curious to your thoughts on this.

Give us the link if possible. look forward to reading it since i won't have NFL network

T-Long
03-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Tiki Barber!? There has gotta be someone else with more knoweldge you can talk to :P

Have fun, we are all jealous.
I know, this is the first time they've worked with Tiki at Yahoo!...but like I said, Tiki will get the best access so sticking with him I should get plenty of good quotes and interviews.

T-Long
03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
T-Long, what do you think about this switch to a thursday night primetime? do you think they are going to pack in a 5 hour ordeal in 3 hours on NFL network? Curious to your thoughts on this.

Give us the link if possible. look forward to reading it since i won't have NFL network

Here is my opinion on this...

I understand the reasoning for the NFL to go into primetime for this event, because like most of us, it's Christmas morning. I love the NFL Draft and I look forward to it more than anything else during the year. With saying that, I liked how they had it before on Saturday and Sunday. We would always have big get togethers and have two straight days of eating, drinking, and doing nothing. My wife even approved of it every year...but now, it's 3 days long. I actually took off work on Thursday and Friday before I knew for sure I was going to cover it, and I'm sure a lot of you are doing the same if you don't work first shift.

I think it will last at LEAST 5 hours...I see teams using up their entire 10 minutes...which means that this will last well into midnight. That will upset people who have to go to work the next morning. But they can't start it any earlier due to the west coast people who are trying to get home from work to see it.

My opinion would be to have the 1st round on Friday night, rounds 2-3 on Saturday, and 4-7 on Sunday.

Don't have the link just yet...but will post it here as soon as I do get it!! Hopefully you guys will join me!

buffalobillsfan95
03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
congrats!!!!!

SABURZFAN
03-29-2010, 10:38 AM

way to go. congrats. :up:

HAMMER
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Congrats T-Long, the Zone's only true journalist.

jamze132
03-30-2010, 07:34 AM
?
Yeah, I made my first BZ error in quite some time. Meant to quote Billswin, sorry.

T-Long
03-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I made my first BZ error in quite some time. Meant to quote Billswin, sorry.
no problem. I was just a bit confused then I realized the post after mine.