X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Kelly wants Tebow in Buffalo! What?!?!

I'm starting to think that Jim Kelly needs to find another team to root for. There isn't one pro coach, player, or scout that doesn't think Tebow is 3 years wawy from being a starter. And that's on teams with o-lines.

Kelly on Tebow: 'A class act, great guy'

Jim Kelly kick-started his public campaign to pull his former team back into the NFL fold Sunday night, and it began with Tim Tebow.

Kelly said he sought to offer assistance in luring coaches and players to Buffalo and eventually wanted to become part of an ownership group that would keep the Bills in western New York.

"You have to start with the head coach and you have to start with finding a good signal caller," Kelly said, according to the USA Today report. "You look at Indianapolis. You look at Pittsburgh. You look at New England. You look at what Drew Brees is doing in New Orleans. San Diego. All the teams that are doing well, they all have quarterbacks.

"The teams that are struggling, they don't have a quarterback," Kelly added. "You need that guy behind center, not only the guy who can throw the ball and make big plays.
  • methos4ever
    • Apr 2004

Re: Kelly wants Tebow in Buffalo! What?!?!

Kelly has become a real life "Uncle Rico" for the Bills. I appreciate the fandom he's showing, but every time he gets involved in the QBs here, he throws them under the bus and goes looking for the next guy. Not cool.

Comment

• THRILLHO
      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
      • Feb 2009

Kelly is a true fan. He is you and I. He has player opinions, wants the team to do certain things just like you and I. The only difference is that his voice is out there, and ours is not. He is saying what some fans are thinking, and people freak out about the comments but forget he is not a part of the team. He is just a fan.
      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hey2abills
        Kelly is a true fan. He is you and I. He has player opinions, wants the team to do certain things just like you and I. The only difference is that his voice is out there, and ours is not. He is saying what some fans are thinking, and people freak out about the comments but forget he is not a part of the team. He is just a fan.
        That's not true.. He's still a Bills employee and is paid as such.. He's a team ambassador.

I know that doesn't mean much, but he is still a paid member of the organization.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THRILLHO
          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          That's not true.. He's still a Bills employee and is paid as such.. He's a team ambassador.

I know that doesn't mean much, but he is still a paid member of the organization.
          Well ok then, that I didnt know. I still give him props for speaking his mind. Even if he isnt right
          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I'm starting to think that Jim Kelly needs to find another team to root for. .

What a stupid thing to post! A lot of us feel the same about you!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

I'm starting to think that Jim Kelly needs to find another team to root for. There isn't one pro coach, player, or scout that doesn't think Tebow is 3 years wawy from being a starter. And that's on teams with o-lines.

Jim Kelly kick-started his public campaign to pull his former team back into the NFL fold Sunday night, and it began with Tim Tebow.

Kelly said he sought to offer assistance in luring coaches and players to Buffalo and eventually wanted to become part of an ownership group that would keep the Bills in western New York.

"You have to start with the head coach and you have to start with finding a good signal caller," Kelly said, according to the USA Today report. "You look at Indianapolis. You look at Pittsburgh. You look at New England. You look at what Drew Brees is doing in New Orleans. San Diego. All the teams that are doing well, they all have quarterbacks.

"The teams that are struggling, they don't have a quarterback," Kelly added. "You need that guy behind center, not only the guy who can throw the ball and make big plays.
              Im not trying to be contrary but where did Kelly say he wanted Tim Tebow to be our starting QB NEXT YEAR? He says he likes him and would like him to be a Bill, but I doubt he thinks he is ready right now. if he does actually come out and say that, then I we can delete my post and I will replace it with a "Jimbo is on drugs" post.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

I feel like Jim Kelly has earned his right to voice his own opinion on what he thinks the Bills should do. He is an employee of the team, so in my mind, he has the right. Most do not go public about it, but I'm sure he was asked a question about what the Bills should do in the draft, and he answered it. Naming names he wants like Tebow may have rubbed people the wrong way, but I don't have any problem with it.

Comment

• G Wolly
                  • Mar 2004

I'm not too particular on having Tebow as our QB, but if he shows positive results and we can play better, I'm all for it.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Many talking heads think it will take Tebow a couple years to become an NFL QB. Please provide a link to all the scouts & coaches that say it will take 3 years. Bradford may be the 1st pick in the draft. Does anyone think he will be ready to play QB from day one?

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
                      Does anyone think he will be ready to play QB from day one?
                      If he goes to a team with no quarterback, then maybe.

Comment

• dannyek71
                        Drink Responsibly
                        • Dec 2004

I am 100% not against Tebow. If we get him in round 4 or later, I have no issue with drafting him.
                        [

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by G Wolly
                          If he goes to a team with no quarterback, then maybe.
                          He may start from day one, but that does not mean he will be ready & could in the long run ruin his career.

Comment

• G Wolly
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
                            He may start from day one, but that does not mean he will be ready & could in the long run ruin his career.
                            But you, just as well as everyone else, won't know for sure until it happens.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

look on the bright side. they signed Cornell Green to cover his blind side if they draft him. (where's Yardie??? do i need to insert the sarcasm smilie?)
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X