PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly's wife blabs about husband's dinner with Tim Tebow

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is visiting the Buffalo Bills today, a visit that began Sunday when he had dinner with former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly.

Tim TebowAPFlorida quarterback Tim Tebow is visiting the Buffalo Bills.

Kelly's wife, Jill, disclosed the meeting with the Heisman Trophy winner on her Twitter account.

"He's a class act and a great guy," Kelly wrote, relating her husband's impressions. "I wish I could say more. If only I were there too! LOL! It was a great night! Now before U go 2 bed - pray for our Buffalo Bills!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jim-Kellys-wife-blabs-about-husbands-dinner-with-Tim-Tebow.html

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Jesus christ, why oh why in god's name was Twitter ever even created??

Oaf
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I would hardly call this a "blab". Jill later states her husband condones any Bills-related information she puts up and also lets her know what can't be.

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Seriously Buffalo has the dumbest tweeters ever. Drayton Florence blabs about what kind of D we are playing, Thurmans wife sounds like she is high 90% of the time, Donte Whitner is always whining, Shawn Nelson who knows because the guy doesn't even know english apparently. I'm in the process of unfollowing all the NFL players.

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Seriously Buffalo has the dumbest tweeters ever. Drayton Florence blabs about what kind of D we are playing, Thurmans wife sounds like she is high 90% of the time, Donte Whitner is always whining, Shawn Nelson who knows because the guy doesn't even know english apparently. I'm in the process of unfollowing all the NFL players.

I don't follow any NFL players at all, its pointless I find.

I follow the following people;
BarrelofRum-GT Blog
Chris Steuber-Scout.com and Fox Sports Draft Analyst
Micheal Smith-ESPN NFL Guy
Coach Sal
T-Long
Sigmund Bloom-Analyst for Draftguys.com and Footballguys.com
DraftGuys-Draftguys.com
NFLDraftBible-NFL Draft Bible.com
Bruce Feldman-Best CFB reporter at ESPN by far
DraftNasty-They employ me after all
Wes Bunting-NFL Post Draft Analyst
Joe Schad-ESPN CFB Reporter
Tim Graham-ESPN AFCE Reporter
Move The Sticks-Former NFL Scout Daniel Jeremiah
FootballPost-National Football Post
Mortreport-NFL Insider Chris Mortensen
Adam-Schefter-NFL Insider
Jason LaCanfora-NFLN Insider
JoeBuscaglia-WGR550
ChuckandChernoff-680AM Local Sports Radio
Tony Barnhardt-Best SEC Writer in the country
Mark Bradley-AJC Columnist

trapezeus
03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
See this is where i worry about the Kelly's being enamored with a guy who has the same belief system as them and refuse to acknowledge that Tebow has some pretty big football flaws.

Flame away, but once you start seeing, "pray for the bills", "we think he's a class act", you start putting more value on those intangibles than the football player.

I'm ok with tebow if his mechanics suck, but the scouts think that it's not going to be a problem. i'm ok if the intangibles that kelly sees is a guy who wants to study the game to a point where he'll know everything and not rely on his legs to get him out of trouble. I'm ok if Kelly's dinner has kelly feeling like his character and charm is something that a great QB has to get people on board. I'm ok if he thinks "from this dinner i can tell tebow is a risk taker and will be ok throwing a ball up for grabs because he believes in his receivers."

What i don't like is the possibility of "hey we're both of the same religious background. you're a florida schooled QB who should do well in the NFL, i was a florida schooleed QB who came to buffalo and did well. Let's just assume the coaches can get comfortable with you and fix what needs to be fixed and get you on the right track." That worries me to no end.

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't follow any NFL players at all, its pointless I find.

I follow the following people;
BarrelofRum-GT Blog
Chris Steuber-Scout.com and Fox Sports Draft Analyst
Micheal Smith-ESPN NFL Guy
Coach Sal
T-Long
Sigmund Bloom-Analyst for Draftguys.com and Footballguys.com
DraftGuys-Draftguys.com
NFLDraftBible-NFL Draft Bible.com
Bruce Feldman-Best CFB reporter at ESPN by far
DraftNasty-They employ me after all
Wes Bunting-NFL Post Draft Analyst
Joe Schad-ESPN CFB Reporter
Tim Graham-ESPN AFCE Reporter
Move The Sticks-Former NFL Scout Daniel Jeremiah
FootballPost-National Football Post
Mortreport-NFL Insider Chris Mortensen
Adam-Schefter-NFL Insider
Jason LaCanfora-NFLN Insider
JoeBuscaglia-WGR550
ChuckandChernoff-680AM Local Sports Radio
Tony Barnhardt-Best SEC Writer in the country
Mark Bradley-AJC Columnist

Who do you follow?

Pretty much all of those plus nfl players but like i said I'm unfollowing them now. I also follow some family members.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I follow no one. Twitter is garbage.

Oaf
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
But I thought you said you'd follow me if I followed you..

TacklingDummy
03-29-2010, 11:21 AM
But I thought you said you'd follow me if I followed you..
That's only to the bathroom.

Bufftp
03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
specifically to annoy you!

Ron Burgundy
03-29-2010, 11:29 AM

BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION. I MUST KNOW WHAT KHLOE KARDASHIAN HAD FOR LUNCH. NOW, NOT LATER.

justasportsfan
03-29-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't have an account but I don't mind twitter. it's been dead since we signed the last guy and it's better than waiting for polls .

ChristopherWalken
03-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Jim and Jill are very much into religion as is Tebow. What the Kellys want, and what the Kellys get are two entirely different things.

With all the wide gaping holes on this team staring the coaching staff in the face, I don't think they're going to be pressured into a Christ approved Tebow love fest with the 9th overall pick.

Now, if he is still there in RD#2, I could see it happening.

Or, if the Bills find some team wanting to trade up...

There are definite possiblities of Tebow ending up here. Obviously the Bills are high on drafting a QB this season as they've spent a significant amount of time and money in getting a feel for these guys.

But....Tebow at 9th overall makes very little sense.

Luisito23
03-29-2010, 11:43 AM

:bf1:.....Twitter is for :loser:S

NOT THE DUDE...
03-29-2010, 11:46 AM
if the bills want tim tebow they will have to draft him at 9.... his whole delivery has been blown way out of proportion.... tebow is one of the most accurate qbs i have seen come out of college and he has the strong arm to deal with the weather here in buffalo.. i think he wont get past the jags at 10 because the jags dont have a 2nd round pick... either way tebow will be picked in the 1st round... he reminds me so much of jim kelly! if nix thinks he is a franchise qb, and i think he does, he will draft him at 9 and then focus on the lines with the rest of his picks... tebow coming to buffalo would generate so much excitement it would be like kelly coming back all over again in 86!

people focus so much on the delivery they forget that he was a damn good qb in college, maybe the best of all time... you dont pass on that... tebow at 9!

better days
03-29-2010, 11:50 AM
See this is where i worry about the Kelly's being enamored with a guy who has the same belief system as them and refuse to acknowledge that Tebow has some pretty big football flaws.

Flame away, but once you start seeing, "pray for the bills", "we think he's a class act", you start putting more value on those intangibles than the football player.

I'm ok with tebow if his mechanics suck, but the scouts think that it's not going to be a problem. i'm ok if the intangibles that kelly sees is a guy who wants to study the game to a point where he'll know everything and not rely on his legs to get him out of trouble. I'm ok if Kelly's dinner has kelly feeling like his character and charm is something that a great QB has to get people on board. I'm ok if he thinks "from this dinner i can tell tebow is a risk taker and will be ok throwing a ball up for grabs because he believes in his receivers."

What i don't like is the possibility of "hey we're both of the same religious background. you're a florida schooled QB who should do well in the NFL, i was a florida schooleed QB who came to buffalo and did well. Let's just assume the coaches can get comfortable with you and fix what needs to be fixed and get you on the right track." That worries me to no end.

Do you really think Kelly likes Tebow because of religion & the fact they both played at Florida schools------------DIFFERENT schools that happen to be RIVALS?

SABURZFAN
03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
if the bills want tim tebow they will have to draft him at 9.... his whole delivery has been blown way out of proportion.... tebow is one of the most accurate qbs i have seen come out of college and he has the strong arm to deal with the weather here in buffalo.. i think he wont get past the jags at 10 because the jags dont have a 2nd round pick... either way tebow will be picked in the 1st round... he reminds me so much of jim kelly! if nix thinks he is a franchise qb, and i think he does, he will draft him at 9 and then focus on the lines with the rest of his picks... tebow coming to buffalo would generate so much excitement it would be like kelly coming back all over again in 86!

people focus so much on the delivery they forget that he was a damn good qb in college, maybe the best of all time... you dont pass on that... tebow at 9!

HOLY ****!!!!!! how much of that kool-aid are you drinking?? this guy is not a top 10 player in this draft. this guy is not a top 41 player either. i'm wondering if he's even a 3rd rounder. go start a poll or something.

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION. I MUST KNOW WHAT KHLOE KARDASHIAN HAD FOR LUNCH. NOW, NOT LATER.

Im guessing a Kielbasa.

trapezeus
03-29-2010, 11:56 AM
people have a willingness to network with people who have simliar views on life and religion. that's fine when it's matched with the proper resume.

But you see people go out of their way to help people who may or may not be qualified for a position.

Anyways, i just don't want kelly lobbying for tebow if it isn't entirely about the fact that tebow is worth the slot we would talk about taking him at.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-29-2010, 12:00 PM
HOLY ****!!!!!! how much of that kool-aid are you drinking?? this guy is not a top 10 player in this draft. this guy is not a top 41 player either. i'm wondering if he's even a 3rd rounder. go start a poll or something.

why dont you watch some highlights and you can easily see he is going to be a great player... wtf?

SABURZFAN
03-29-2010, 12:05 PM
why dont you watch some highlights and you can easily see he is going to be a great player... wtf?

LOL!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

you're full blown coocoo for Cocoa Puffs on this guy.

Ron Burgundy
03-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Im guessing a Kielbasa.

This may be (and if you pluralized "kielbasa," probably is) true. However, you are not Khloe, and you did not tweet this information, thus it is HORSE****.

Nighthawk
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM

To make people feel like they were important...

Nighthawk
03-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Tebow at #9 would be one of the dumbest moves this organization has ever made and that is saying a lot! Tebow at 9 is CRAZY!!!

Don't Panic
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Pray for the Bills? Since when is God a football fan? I hate the whole "pray for my sports team" BS... throw all the positive energy you have into them, but ask God to favor them over the Patriots? You have to be kidding me with this...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Tebow at #9 would be one of the dumbest moves this organization has ever made and that is saying a lot! Tebow at 9 is CRAZY!!!

every report has him going before the bills pick in the 2nd... if they want him and they think he is a franchise qb, then they will have to take him at 9....

PECKERWOOD
03-29-2010, 03:46 PM

Probably the biggest reach since taking Whitner at 8 overall, but I must say that Tebow would be good value in the 2nd.

TigerJ
03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
I definitely think Tebow's character is a positive, but it is far from the only characteristic that can help make for a good QB. As for what the Kelly's think about Tebow's potential as the QB of the Bills is concerned, I really don't care. I would care a lot more about what Buddy Nix or Chan Gailey thought.