PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Who do you follow on Twitter for NFL News?

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Forked from: Jim Kelly's wife blabs about husband's dinner with Tim Tebow (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3193578)

I don't follow any NFL players at all, its pointless I find.

I follow the following people;
BarrelofRum-GT Blog
Chris Steuber-Scout.com and Fox Sports Draft Analyst
Micheal Smith-ESPN NFL Guy
Coach Sal
T-Long
Sigmund Bloom-Analyst for Draftguys.com and Footballguys.com
DraftGuys-Draftguys.com
NFLDraftBible-NFL Draft Bible.com
Bruce Feldman-Best CFB reporter at ESPN by far
DraftNasty-They employ me after all
Wes Bunting-NFL Post Draft Analyst
Joe Schad-ESPN CFB Reporter
Tim Graham-ESPN AFCE Reporter
Move The Sticks-Former NFL Scout Daniel Jeremiah
FootballPost-National Football Post
Mortreport-NFL Insider Chris Mortensen
Adam-Schefter-NFL Insider
Jason LaCanfora-NFLN Insider
JoeBuscaglia-WGR550
ChuckandChernoff-680AM Local Sports Radio
Tony Barnhardt-Best SEC Writer in the country
Mark Bradley-AJC Columnist

Who do you follow?

YardRat
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Nobody.

OpIv37
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Twitter sucks.

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Twitter sucks.

Yes thank you Capt. Negative. Some people though actually use it for beneficial purposes.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Will never waste my time reading someone's twitter. Unless someone on here whines about it and quotes it.

OpIv37
03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Yes thank you Capt. Negative. Some people though actually use it for beneficial purposes.

And if you're willing to sift through the millions of idiots posting nonsense to find 20 or 30 people who write beneficial posts, go right ahead. I have better things to do and other ways of getting news.

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 11:51 AM
And if you're willing to sift through the millions of idiots posting nonsense to find 20 or 30 people who write beneficial posts, go right ahead. I have better things to do and other ways of getting news.

What the hell are you even talking about? Do you know how it works?

You don't sift through millions of idiots unless you choose to follow millions of idiots. How hard is it to know I like to read what guy X has to say and to search him on Twitter and click follow?

Then again I know how hard Itunes was for you, so I guess I see where the user problem lies. :couch:

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 11:53 AM

You don't sift through millions of idiots unless you choose to follow millions of idiots. How hard is it to know I like to read what guy X has to say and to search him on Twitter and click follow?

Then again I know how hard Itunes was for you, so I guess I see where the user problem lies. :couch:

It's kind hard for old people to understand new technology....lol

ddaryl
03-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Nobody.

Twitter is useless IMO.

Just don't need to have half ass information quicker then others, and that is the majority of what you get with twitter

justasportsfan
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
no one. It's like some people on FB who like to post, I need to fart. I am hungry. I am i a bad mood. Etc.etc. Who cares? To each his/her own I guess.

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
no one. It's like some people on FB who like to post, I need to fart. I am hungry. I am i a bad mood. Etc.etc. Who cares? To each his/her own I guess.

don't think nlf.com or Adam Schefter do that or any other reliable news outlet.

OpIv37
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM

Yes, I know how Twitter works. I also know that 99.9999% of the population has no need to be posting because they're not entertaining enough or informed enough to be constantly updating the entire known universe with what they are doing/thinking at that exact moment.

Maybe I exaggerated how hard it is to find worthwhile people, but the fact remains that the overwhelming majority of what goes over Twitter is absolute garbage. It's just the Facebook status feature with all the other features cut out.

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Yes, I know how Twitter works. I also know that 99.9999% of the population has no need to be posting because they're not entertaining enough or informed enough to be constantly updating the entire known universe with what they are doing/thinking at that exact moment.

Maybe I exaggerated how hard it is to find worthwhile people, but the fact remains that the overwhelming majority of what goes over Twitter is absolute garbage. It's just the Facebook status feature with all the other features cut out.

You think you over exaggerated? Yea just a little...

And I dont disagree 99% of what is out there blows balls, but with my twitter page I know 95% of what is going NFL Draft News wise without having to click on 7-10 different sites. That's how I use it that's how it helps me.

Just like anything you own, if used properly it could work well, if used like a dumbass it does you no good.

scartown
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM

And I dont disagree 99% of what is out there blows balls, but with my twitter page I know 95% of what is going NFL Draft News wise without having to click on 7-10 different sites. That's how I use it that's how it helps me.

Just like anything you own, if used properly it could work well, if used like a dumbass it does you no good.

I do the exact same thing. I have about 60 different people/newspapers I follow. It's great when someone or a website/newspaper puts out a new article. It's right there no need to go looking for it.

OpIv37
03-29-2010, 05:46 PM

so, you trust people to accurately report what they read/posted on 7-10 other sites in 140 word posts?

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
so, you trust people to accurately report what they read/posted on 7-10 other sites in 140 word posts?

Why wouldn't I trust something from espn.com, nfl.com, SI.com. Adam Schefter etc.? That's how I have my twitter account setup. As soon as news breaks I know. I don't have to filter threw anyone's BS. I get the news fast and accurate.

shelby
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
What Spaz said.

i follow a bunch of sportswriters and know when new articles are posted through twitter....beats a freaking Google search for Bills news any day of the week.

BlackMetalNinja
03-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes, where else could we find out that McNabb was traded to the 49ers???

shelby
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
:dink:

The Spaz
03-29-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't think that was a tweet from ESPN.com that was a link that Patorman found.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I use to think Twitter was useless also, then I found it is a great way to get news. I love it. I don't follow to many people for their personal items, but I do follow guys like:

MGoBlog.com - great site for getting my latest Wolverine news and such. Main reason I go to twitter
SalSports - I followed it from this site, but I have to be honest and tell you that there isn't much news coming from this, it is more of a way for Sal to commercialize or give you spam about his website. Close to being dumped
Jim Harbaugh - Michigan ties Not to much interesting, but doesn't hurt to have it
Fantasy Hockey Wire - Used during FH season.
Darren Dreger - Hockey news and insight
Bob McKenzie - Same as above
Big Ten Conference - not to much useful about it, the give news on sports like swimming, blah.
UM_Coach Rod - Rich Rodriguez - follow him hoping he tweets that he has quit.
ESPN NHL - Hockey news
Michael Thomas - Not sure why I follow this turd, he never tells anything.
SI_Peter King - Football news
Kevin Weeks - Hockey insight
Donte Whitner - Donte is OK, a lot of people say he whines to much.
Ocho Cinco - Sometimes he has some funny things to say, most times not.
Official Braylon - Braylon Edwards - one of my favorite Michigan players, doesn't tweet much though.
BillsZone.com - Not sure why I follow this either, there is never any activity.
Sabres.com - Sabres news, most of the time their tweets are boring.
michigan_fball - More Michigan football
draftguys.com - Some good stuff there.

djjimkelly
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
nobody twitter is gay

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 08:46 PM

More proof you fail to understand how the site can work and rather operate on a broad, and incorrect assumption.

Demon
03-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Here's who i follow for the NFL......

TimGrahamESPN (Eh, he kinda sucks)
PriscoCBS (Dont bother, he sucks)
BuffFootballRep (Was good during HC search, MIA now)
PatrickMoranBSD (As annoying as he is, i'll give him credit, he's always the FIRST to tweet bills news as it happens)
billsdaily (good)
greggrosenthal (very good, covers nfl)
ProFootballTalk (very good)
SI_RossTucker (former bill, comments on bills from time to time)
salmaiorana (A MUST.... covers Bills for Roc D@C)
YahooSportsNFL (Awesome reporter)
caplannfl (THE BEST INSIDER, always beats Schefter on news)
Jay_Glazer (could do without his BS texts but he's been the first to report bills stuff multiple times)
SI_PeterKing (nfl only)
JasonLaCanfora (NFL insider, he's up there with Caplan)
Adam_Schefter (Just incase LaCanfora or Caplan miss something, i got him for backup)

Coach Sal
03-30-2010, 01:33 AM
SalSports - I followed it from this site, but I have to be honest and tell you that there isn't much news coming from this, it is more of a way for Sal to commercialize or give you spam about his website. Close to being dumped....

You're kidding, right?

Or just saying something to be funny and cool?

I use my twitter account to keep Bills fan informed if there is ever any news I have to share, and yes, to remind everyone when the shows are. Which is once a week during the season. Period.

Can you give me an example of "spam" I've posted on there from my site? Please?

And how can I commercialize it when there are no commercials? I make NO money from my site or shows. I do both of them - PAYING my own money and time - to give fans a place to talk about the Bills/NFL and hear any news that I may may get.

But, please, by all means, "dump" it if you find it so useless to you.

What an ignorant post.

LtFinFan66
03-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Forked from: Jim Kelly's wife blabs about husband's dinner with Tim Tebow (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3193578)

Who do you follow?I do not tweet nor follow those who do

BuffaloBlitz83
03-30-2010, 02:58 AM
You're kidding, right?

I use my twitter account to keep Bills fan informed if there is ever any news I have to share, and yes, to remind everyone when the shows are. Which is once a week during the season. Period.

And how can I commercialize it when there are no commercials? I make NO money from my site or shows. I do both of them - PAYING my own money and time - to give fans a place to talk about the Bills/NFL and hear any news that I may may get.

What an ignorant post.

Don't listen to that fool. Thanks for everything you do. continue, love the show btw

BlackMetalNinja
03-30-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't think that was a tweet from ESPN.com that was a link that Patorman found.Who said anything about ESPN.com? I was just pointing out that Twitter is not the surefire news source that some like to think it is...

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Who said anything about ESPN.com? I was just pointing out that Twitter is not the surefire news source that some like to think it is...

You are correct its certainly not, but you do get news before a place like ESPN.com does. For instance I know Schefter tweets when he files a news story and its usually up a few minutes before its on ESPN.com.

But overall yes Twitter is far from surefire but Id say more accurate than a place like wikipedia or any of those wackos blogs that get used in the Spin Zone.

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 07:31 AM
More proof you fail to understand how the site can work and rather operate on a broad, and incorrect assumption.

what I understand is that most news requires more than 140 characters to know what is going on. What I understand is that even if they link to the article, then you're still going to a different site, so it didn't save you the trouble of going to 7-10 sites as you originally claimed. What I understand is that you're trusting other people as far as what news and what links to give you in their extremely short "tweets," and all this is assuming that you're following worthwhile people and don't have your Twitter page cluttered up with all the bull**** in the first place.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:33 AM
what I understand is that most news requires more than 140 characters to know what is going on. What I understand is that even if they link to the article, then you're still going to a different site, so it didn't save you the trouble of going to 7-10 sites as you originally claimed. What I understand is that you're trusting other people as far as what news and what links to give you in their extremely short "tweets," and all this is assuming that you're following worthwhile people and don't have your Twitter page cluttered up with all the bull**** in the first place.

Like I said above you really don't understand how it can works then. Continue to carry on like you do, and look like an idiot, but you've already shown in numerous posts that you don't know and rather just want to bash something to bash it.

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Like I said above you really don't understand how it can works then. Continue to carry on like you do, and look like an idiot, but you've already shown in numerous posts that you don't know and rather just want to bash something to bash it.

Yeah, you're right- Twitter is a reliable, newsworthy site with nothing but important updates from important, connected people flowing all day long. No bull****, no information truncated to fit in 140 character posts, no links that could just as easily be found elsewhere, no millions of people posting nonsense.

Novacane
03-30-2010, 07:36 AM
What's twitter?

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Yeah, you're right- Twitter is a reliable, newsworthy site with nothing but important updates from important, connected people flowing all day long. No bull****, no information truncated to fit in 140 character posts, no links that could just as easily be found elsewhere, no millions of people posting nonsense.

Yes Op because that's what I said in your twisted world. Try re-reading what I said instead of just making **** up to fit your view next time.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:39 AM
What's twitter?

Its a social networking site. You create an account and you can send out tweets, like FB updates. These can be used for any number of things, you can let somebody know what you had for breakfast, or talk about important things.

For instance I use mine to tweet about the Draft and what I do for DraftNasty.com. People like Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen tweet about NFL news that is going on.

There are people who are idiots on it but despite Op's warped view of anything he deems to not be cool, it has a lot of worthwhile benefits on it.

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 07:46 AM
What's twitter?

what Draftboy said, but it's a hugely annoying trend and I can't wait til it friggin goes away.

The Spaz
03-30-2010, 10:19 AM
what Draftboy said, but it's a hugely annoying trend and I can't wait til it friggin goes away.

You will be waiting a long time.

The Spaz
03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
Who said anything about ESPN.com? I was just pointing out that Twitter is not the surefire news source that some like to think it is...

I said it wasn't a tweet from espn.com. This thread is about twitter right?

BlackMetalNinja
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I said it wasn't a tweet from espn.com. This thread is about twitter right?Right, and nothing I said was about espn.com, so I'm not sure why you even brought it up...

RockStar36
03-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Much like Facebook...

...which you joined.

RockStar36
03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Twitter is useful if following it for news and information purposes. Those who bash Twitter but feel the need to come to a message board for "news" are very misinformed.

The Spaz
03-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Right, and nothing I said was about espn.com, so I'm not sure why you even brought it up...

The report that McNabb was traded to the 49'ers was a fake link and it said it was from ESPN. I am saying that it was never reported by ESPN.com on twitter. Are you not saying the report came from twitter?

BlackMetalNinja
03-30-2010, 11:58 AM
The report that McNabb was traded to the 49'ers was a fake link and it said it was from ESPN. I am saying that it was never reported by ESPN.com on twitter. Are you not saying the report came from twitter?I'm saying somebody here posted the fake link on Twitter and proclaimed it as if it were real. Thus illustrating my point that Twitter can be useful, but it is not surefire news like some people seem to think it is.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2010, 02:30 PM
You're kidding, right?

What an ignorant post.

Wow, you have to be kidding me with that reaction. If that is the case you shouldn't be doing what you are doing. You need to take criticism better. I was pretty much busting balls just like I was doing with every other Billszone poster I listed in my list. You are dumped.

Coach Sal
03-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow, you have to be kidding me with that reaction. If that is the case you shouldn't be doing what you are doing. You need to take criticism better. I was pretty much busting balls just like I was doing with every other Billszone poster I listed in my list. You are dumped.

If you were just "busting balls" then I don't get your humor, I guess. Especially since it doesn't look like you were doing that at all. Other than BZ itself, I don't read much "busting balls" going on there.

Criticism I can take just fine. Tell me my work sucks -- that's criticism.

But you accused me of being disingenuous, which is not true at all and a lot different than "criticism." I work hard to be very real and separate myself from those who ARE fake and promotional whores.

As far as doing something different because I can't take it, I am a member of this board, so if I get called out in a thread for any reason, I have just as much a right to respond as anyone else would. It has nothing to do with that.