PDA

View Full Version : Scheffter says

T-Long
03-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Adam_Schefter

Oakland has emerged as leader in Donovan McNabb sweepstakes. Doesn't mean another team couldn't get deal done, but Raiders are team to beat.

JCBills
03-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Good to hear, we don't overpay like the Raiders do.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-29-2010, 03:25 PM
we will get tebow anyway...

Zero
03-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm elated to hear the news. Don't get me wrong, I love McNabb and I have been hoping that he comes here, but if the reports are correct about him wanting an 8 figure salary then thanks but no thanks....

JCBills
03-29-2010, 03:30 PM

See what I mean? You don't phrase it as opinion, and post the same thing in every thread. Quite annoying for everyone.

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Yes McNabb would be an upgrade from what we have on our roster.

No I don't want him anyway.

Forward_Lateral
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Going to Oakland will pretty much end McNabb's career, IMO.

Akhippo
03-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Thats great news though. Any extra wins means a lower draft pick for the Pats. Come on OAK, shove the Pats down to the 20s.

DraftBoy
03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
People need to keep in mind that McNabb could be the missing piece to a very young and potential filled offense.

They have McFadden and Bush at RB. Murphy, Schillenz, and DHB at WR, and Zach Miller at TE. If they could land a franchise LT this could become a very competitive offense.

I'd take it over our own in all honesty with McNabb.

cpearl
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
How will Oakland be able to afford both McNabb's and Jamarcus Russell's contracts? Especially if they give McNabb a contract extension.

more cowbell
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
People need to keep in mind that McNabb could be the missing piece to a very young and potential filled offense.

They have McFadden and Bush at RB. Murphy, Schillenz, and DHB at WR, and Zach Miller at TE. If they could land a franchise LT this could become a very competitive offense.

I'd take it over our own in all honesty with McNabb.

Couldn't agree with you more dude

better days
03-29-2010, 04:47 PM
How will Oakland be able to afford both McNabb's and Jamarcus Russell's contracts? Especially if they give McNabb a contract extension.

I'm pretty sure the way his contract was set up, that Russell could be cut.

cpearl
03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the way his contract was set up, that Russell could be cut.

Probably, but wouldn't they lose a lot due to the pro-rated signing bonus?

cpearl
03-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Here are Russell's contract details:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFl&id=4154

From the looks of it, both his base salaries for all 6 years and his signing bonus are guaranteed.

Therefore, pro-rated, his signing bonus ($19.9 mil) is $3.31 mil a year, of which if they cut him this year, they would technically owe half (3 year remaining=1/2 of contract) of the signing bonus at $10 mil. And taking into account the voidable 6th year, his 4th year (this year at $9.45 mil) and his 5th year (next year at $9.35 mil) would have to be paid out at over $18.5 mil.

I may be wrong, but from a preliminary look of it and without seeing the actual contract, the Raiders seem to be on the hook for over $28 mil.

FlyingDutchman
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
everything ive heard is that the Bills arent even in the mix...i dunno why we do this to ourselves anytime a halfway decent player becomes available. let me save everyone time and thought....hes not going to come here

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But being married sucks.

better days
03-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Probably, but wouldn't they lose a lot due to the pro-rated signing bonus?

This would be the year to do it because there is no salary cap anyway. As far as the money they have put out, it can most likely be written off.

tampabay25690
03-29-2010, 07:53 PM

You may be right..........

ChristopherWalken
03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
I really don't see how this could happen unless the Raiders have a suitor for Russell.

McNabb will get an opportunity to sign off on any contract negotiations, something that Oakland will have to do in order to retain him past 2010...and is McNabb really wanting to finish his career in Oakland, with Al Daivs?

Unless Oakland is so damn ******ed and think they can rekindle Russell's career by adding McNabb for one season. Let McNabb train him for a year. To do so, it will cost them a 2nd or 3rd and the remainder of Donovon's contract which contains a bunch of guaranteed money.