View Full Version : Tyler Kennedy

hydro
03-29-2010, 07:13 PM
When did we trade for him? :idunno:

RockStar36
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Ugh.

Idiots on Versus.

The guy says it a second time as his name is displayed on the screen correctly too.

RockStar36
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
He did it again going to break!

Wow.

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I can deal with it happening once.

But twice? At what point does somebody tell him in his headphones that he is a dumbass?

hydro
03-29-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/facepalm.jpg

hydro
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I can deal with it happening once.

But twice? At what point does somebody tell him in his headphones that he is a dumbass?

Make that 4....

darthokeefe
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
He has called him Tyler Kennedy 6 times now....problem is NO ONE IS CORRECTING HIM...Gimmie Rick

rbochan
03-30-2010, 07:18 AM
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3816/kennedy.jpg

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 07:22 AM
He has called him Tyler Kennedy 6 times now....problem is NO ONE IS CORRECTING HIM...Gimmie Rick

It's Joe Benati. I can't stand him- he calls the Caps games for the local Comcast SportsNet. He finally corrected himself late in the third- he said he got confused because of all the Tylers on the Buffalo roster (all 2 of them).

And btw, after "Tyler Kennedy" scored, he announced that Tuuka Rask was coming off the Washington bench for Tim Thomas.

Really? When did Washington trade for Rask and start wearing black and gold?

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2010, 07:38 AM
It's Joe Benati. I can't stand him- he calls the Caps games for the local Comcast SportsNet. He finally corrected himself late in the third- he said he got confused because of all the Tylers on the Buffalo roster (all 2 of them).

And btw, after "Tyler Kennedy" scored, he announced that Tuuka Rask was coming off the Washington bench for Tim Thomas.

You owe me an apology.

You said the Sabres could not beat Washington.

SkateZilla
03-30-2010, 09:16 AM

actually its more like "when did we start playing washington in the boston arena..?"

SkateZilla
03-30-2010, 09:24 AM
You owe me an apology.

You said the Sabres could not beat Washington.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=291209002

trapezeus
03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
i love raggin on announcers, but i feel that hockey announcers do more than any other sport. they literally say every single thing that is happening at real speed. football, baseball, basketball, they kind of chime in here and there.

hockey you go pass to pass and build a picture.

it's still unfortunate that the producers didn't whisper to him that he didn't get kennedy's name right or the team right.

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 10:22 AM
i love raggin on announcers, but i feel that hockey announcers do more than any other sport. they literally say every single thing that is happening at real speed. football, baseball, basketball, they kind of chime in here and there.

hockey you go pass to pass and build a picture.

it's still unfortunate that the producers didn't whisper to him that he didn't get kennedy's name right or the team right.

The thing is that some hockey announcers are really good at what they do, and some are really bad. We're lucky in that RJ is good. When I listen to the games on XM, they always have the home broadcast, and when I get the bootleg video feed over the computer, I'm stuck with whichever feed has the best quality, so getting RJ is hit or miss.

Long story short, I hear a lot of announcers for other teams, and some are just terrible. RJ rarely butchers a name, and if he does, he corrects himself right away. And if he has trouble pronouncing a name, he at least pronounces it the same way each time, unlike some of these announcers who will pronounce the same name 5 different ways during the same game. Some guys over-use cliches, like "blew a tire" or "too much mustard." Some guys just don't do their homework and know absolutely nothing about the opponent, and some guys are just ridiculous homers.

They all make mistakes, but after hearing a few good broadcasts, the bad ones really stand out.

rbochan
03-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Who knew the trade deadline was March 29?

RockStar36
03-30-2010, 10:52 AM
The thing is that some hockey announcers are really good at what they do, and some are really bad. We're lucky in that RJ is good. When I listen to the games on XM, they always have the home broadcast, and when I get the bootleg video feed over the computer, I'm stuck with whichever feed has the best quality, so getting RJ is hit or miss.

Long story short, I hear a lot of announcers for other teams, and some are just terrible. RJ rarely butchers a name, and if he does, he corrects himself right away. And if he has trouble pronouncing a name, he at least pronounces it the same way each time, unlike some of these announcers who will pronounce the same name 5 different ways during the same game. Some guys over-use cliches, like "blew a tire" or "too much mustard." Some guys just don't do their homework and know absolutely nothing about the opponent, and some guys are just ridiculous homers.

They all make mistakes, but after hearing a few good broadcasts, the bad ones really stand out.

With the amount of away feeds I've seen through Center Ice, I think the homework done for the Sabres consists of the following two items only.

1. Tyler Mylers: He's tall, a rookie, and a Calder candidate.

2. Ryan Miller: He's good, won a silver medal, and a Vezina candidate.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to hear those two things over and over again.

Italian Stallion
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
With the amount of away feeds I've seen through Center Ice, I think the homework done for the Sabres consists of the following two items only.

1. Tyler Mylers: He's tall, a rookie, and a Calder candidate.

2. Ryan Miller: He's good, won a silver medal, and a Vezina candidate.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to hear those two things over and over again.

You forgot about Lindy's reign as head coach and Darcy as GM being the longest in the sport...it's a nice stat for sure, but it literally gets mentioned every single away or national broadcast....enough. :coffee:

Nighthawk
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Ugh.

Idiots on Versus.

The guy says it a second time as his name is displayed on the screen correctly too.

I was watching the game and getting so pissed...how can you be such an idiot and have that job???

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I was watching the game and getting so pissed...how can you be such an idiot and have that job???

He actually has two jobs- he does the games on VS and also does the Caps games when they don't conflict with his VS schedule.

ct bills fan
03-30-2010, 01:46 PM
The Tyler thing was bad but it was still 5X better listening to him that the horrible homie announcers I usually get on Directv for boston/Buffalo games. With the HD telecast usually only for the other teams TV crew, I've had to listen to them instead of RJ for most of the season. Most are very good and and most have said, hands down, Miller is the best goalie in the world and Myers is the Calder winner, no doubt. The Boston announcers are horrible though.

RockStar36
03-30-2010, 02:09 PM
The Tyler thing was bad but it was still 5X better listening to him that the horrible homie announcers I usually get on Directv for boston/Buffalo games. With the HD telecast usually only for the other teams TV crew, I've had to listen to them instead of RJ for most of the season. Most are very good and and most have said, hands down, Miller is the best goalie in the world and Myers is the Calder winner, no doubt. The Boston announcers are horrible though.

While I completely agree about the Boston announcers, wasn't the second announcer on VS last night from NESN?

trapezeus
03-30-2010, 05:40 PM
i agree, OP. The good announcers really overshadow the bad ones.

I think the benanotis (sp?) of the world tend to be more focused on a having the memorable tone in their voice than mastering sport. And that's why they are the bad ones. Like you said, they don't have enough of the sport or the names and stories of enough of the players to really paint a vivid picture of a game.

The guy who calls the devils game. same thing. he just likes the way he sounds when teams score and he gets the big gigs as a result. but he's cool repeating 10000x a game that Miller is great, but not providing additional insight to that.

SkateZilla
03-30-2010, 06:02 PM
You forgot about Lindy's reign as head coach and Darcy as GM being the longest in the sport...it's a nice stat for sure, but it literally gets mentioned every single away or national broadcast....enough. :coffee:

Seconded..