PDA

View Full Version : Gaither for a 2nd?

jdbillsfan
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Could solve our LT need with a 2nd round pick.

Gaither in the 2nd.

Opens up our ability to go BPA in the first.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/29/gaither-could-be-available-for-less-than-first-round-pick/

Would you do it?

Jeff1220
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Honestly, he'd be worth it, but I'd be willing to bet they'd take less than a 2.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-29-2010, 08:16 PM
i dont know, ive heard he has commitment issues... and that he doesnt really love football... the bills would have to talk to him before they trade for him....

jdbillsfan
03-29-2010, 08:34 PM
6-9 340, 23 years old. Seems like a good guy.

I think you could find question marks about any player if you tried hard enough.

Scumbag College
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
The Bills need a LT desperately. I can't stomach another Mike Williams if they take a tackle with #9 and he doesn't pan out. At 24 years old (according to Ravens' website,) he's young enough to have a bright future but already has some NFL experience. I'd try to talk them down to maybe a third and Whitner, since Ed Reed is good enough to make up for Whitner blowing coverages and missing tackles.

BillsWin
03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
i dont know, ive heard he has commitment issues... and that he doesnt really love football... the bills would have to talk to him before they trade for him....

:roflmao:

As to the original poster, I would give up our second for Gaither in a heart beat and pray that we do.

mrbojanglezs
03-29-2010, 08:52 PM
ummm yes do it now

SirMcGee
03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
A solid, proven LT that paved the way for Ray Rice and was part of a solid o-line? I'd do it in a heartbeat. Would be better than Trent, Davis, or Campbell in my opinion.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
i'd rather see them swap 1st round picks for Gaither.

Oaf
03-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Agreed there if this is true. Where'd you hear this?

New Ro's Greatest
03-29-2010, 10:44 PM
This has to happen! Come on OBD. GO BILLS:bow:

YardRat
03-29-2010, 10:54 PM
i'd rather see them swap 1st round picks for Gaither.

I'd do that.

Michael82
03-30-2010, 02:27 AM
I'd give them a 2nd and a conditional pick in a heartbeat!

Buddo
03-30-2010, 04:15 AM
On the surface, it certainly makes sense. The problem is, there must be some underlying reason, why the Ravens are prepared to deal a young guy, who played pretty well last year, at a position as highly valued generally, as OT is.
I don't know what that reason is, but without knowing, I'm not going to pull the trigger.
While the Ravens could well see Oher as their future LT, I'm not so sure that should be making Gaither automatically 'expendable'. There's something slightly odd about it that says a lot of 'due diligence' could be needed.

Night Train
03-30-2010, 04:55 AM
On the surface, it certainly makes sense. The problem is, there must be some underlying reason, why the Ravens are prepared to deal a young guy, who played pretty well last year, at a position as highly valued generally, as OT is.
I don't know what that reason is, but without knowing, I'm not going to pull the trigger.
While the Ravens could well see Oher as their future LT, I'm not so sure that should be making Gaither automatically 'expendable'. There's something slightly odd about it that says a lot of 'due diligence' could be needed.

Thank you. That's what I keep asking myself.

Who gives away starting LT's and why hasn't anyone tried to aquire him yet ? Something isn't right here.