PDA

View Full Version : Draft Guys What if Mock

jdbillsfan
03-29-2010, 09:08 PM
It's not your standard mock. A little scary actually....

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/1/what_if_monday_mock_draft_3_8_2010/

What if Dez Bryant falls down the draft board because of character concerns? What if four Quarterbacks were drafted in the first-round? Check back every Monday leading up to the draft for my new “What If!?!” mock draft!
1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma - The Rams have a ton of needs, but perhaps the most glaring is at quarterback. Bradford checks out medically, and the Rams get the franchise quarterback they’ve been searching for.
2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - The Lions have been very active in free agency, adding DL Corey Williams via trade. Suh is more versatile than McCoy and makes a ton of sense with this pick.
3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma - Tampa Bay must choose between FS Eric Berry and McCoy, and they decide to go with the big Defensive Lineman. McCoy and Roy Miller should give the Bucs a strong front line.
4. Washington - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - Mike Shanahan will keep Jason Campbell around while he grooms his replacement in Jimmy Clausen. Shanny sees him as another Jay Cutler, and will ease him into the lineup towards the end of the year.
5. Kansas City - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State - Fan boys have been trying to figure out how to re-unite Charlie Weis and Jimmy Clausen with this pick, but it just won’t happen. The Chiefs have too much invested in QB Matt Cassel, and they must protect him better if they want to get the most out of him.
6. Seattle - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland - The Seahawks have many needs, but perhaps none is more important than adding quality players to the offensive line. Campbell had a great performance at the Scouting Combine, and should be a mainstay on the line for years to come.
7. Cleveland - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State - Having added OT Tony Pashos the Browns don’t feel the need to address their offensive line here. Joe Haden was their top target, but they decide to go with Wilson instead because of his performance at the combine.
8. Oakland - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa - Many people expect the Raiders to take Rutgers OT Anthony Davis here, but Al Davis is always full of surprises. Bulaga is very versatile and capable of playing up to four spots on the offensive line.
9. Buffalo - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida - The absolute shock of the draft happens here when Buffalo selects Tebow with a top 10 pick. Chan Gailey has worked with athletic QBs before (Kordell Stewart, Tyler Thigpen) and knows that Tebow will take time to develop. In the meantime, Trent Edwards will be the starter while Tebow develops and the team adds more weapons around him.
10. Jacksonville - Eric Berry, CB/FS, Tennessee - The Jags are privately upset in losing out on Tim Tebow, but feel good about Eric Berry falling to this spot. Berry will immediately be an upgrade over Reggie Nelson, plus help out with the return game.

hydro
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

jdbillsfan
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
I feel like this is building up steam. At first I thought the 4th might be ok. A good pro day brings him up to 3? Some teams really like him... moves up to 2...

You know what is next.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2010, 09:17 PM
no thanks.

Jaybird
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
It will never happen. Tebow will not be selected at 9

jdbillsfan
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Hope not.

X-Era
03-30-2010, 05:41 AM

I could see it. This team drafted Erik Flowers way too high.

Look, If the kid becomes a franchise QB, we would have made a smart move. I just feel like there are significant reasons that he wont.

TacklingDummy
03-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Look, If the kid becomes a franchise QB, we would have made a smart move. I just feel like there are significant reasons that he wont.

That really is the bottom line with most QB's.

Clausen would be a great pick also if he became the franchise QB they have been looking for.

If San Diego knew Leaf was going to be a bust would they have drafted him 2nd overall?

X-Era
03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
That really is the bottom line with most QB's.

Clausen would be a great pick also if he became the franchise QB they have been looking for.

If San Diego knew Leaf was going to be a bust would they have drafted him 2nd overall?
Yes, I think the main reason some are so scared of this is that he is such a boom or bust prospect. He may be the biggest boom or bust prospect ever. If he comes into the league and throws wobbly, slow throws by using bad mechanics and footwork, he has little chance for success, IMO. But if his new throwing style sticks and he continues to develop it, and doesn't revert when hes under pressure, he has everything else that you want in a QB, player, and team mate.

But you just cant know ahead of time what your going to get with him.

My problem, for us, is that I don't think we have the luxury of taking this big of a risk. Its been too long since we have ahd a franchise QB, and we need that position fixed.

Don't Panic
03-30-2010, 06:20 AM
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Ha!

Jan Reimers
03-30-2010, 07:43 AM
I will ask my wife to hide all sharp objects and toxic cleaning supplies on draft day, if it looks like we are leaning this way.

tampabay25690
03-30-2010, 07:47 AM

You never know...
Lets face it if the coaches, owner, and GM want alot of buzz and look into the future they draft him #9.

He would sell more jerseys then any BUFFALO BILL of all time.
Im the 1st to say that he will not be ready to take every snap in the NFL but a situational player for the 1st year....

The future would be bright as a Buffalo Bill's fan!!!!!!!!!!

Novacane
03-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Bills are already one of the laughingstocks of the league. This would solidify us as #1.

jamze132
03-30-2010, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't be pissed if we took Tebow. I would wonder why we would take him so high though.

TedMock
03-30-2010, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't be pissed if we took Tebow. I would wonder why we would take him so high though.

That's just it. I actually like the kid, but there is no way I'd take him in the first two rounds. He's probably the 6th best QB right now, but could end up being very good later. He needs a ton of work and time off the field working on mechanics and I can't see that kind of project being a first round pick for us let alone a top 10. Whatever stupid things this team has done in the past is in the past and we have new GM and coach, so we really don't know how they think. John Butler took Eric Flowers in a lame duck year. I don't think that reflects what Nix will do. Nix may do better or even worse than Flowers, or Donahoe's magical Mike Williams pick, etc.