PDA

View Full Version : Just meet eric wood

Lefty2985
03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
My girlfriend and i went to the movies on the way out i seen him waking down the stairs and talked with him for a bit. He is limping bad still just figured i would let ya guys know. but a real nice guy he kept asking questions about the moie we seen and everthing.

bills4ver
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
thats not good news, was hoping he would be at least walking normal by now. How long has it been, we still have 5 months but if he can't even walk good yet how is he going to be able to play in 5 months.

Ingtar33
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
it was a horrific break that has ruined careers in the past. i wouldn't be surprised if he misses most if not all of the preseason.

he might be put on the PUP list and be eased back later in the season.

Goobylal
03-29-2010, 09:34 PM
He probably won't lose the limp for another 2-3 months. Which is fine, because training camp opens in 4 months.

Jaybird
03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
we sure have a lot of Doctors that post here

TigerJ
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
we sure have a lot of Doctors that post hereMy brother is a doctor, and in my opinion. . .

Yes, my brother really is a doctor. No, I don't have any idea how long Eric Wood's rehab will take.

robgon
03-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Hope he heals soon.. we really need him... Bills so thin al OL !!

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
its normal to limp for up to 4-6 months after the surgery... it takes most people a year to a year and a half to get back to full strength... im still pretty optimistic he can start when tc begins...

the first 2 months are for healing, the next 4 months are for rehab and then 2 more months of getting used to playing football again...

Michael82
03-30-2010, 02:23 AM
And this is why I'm so pissed that we didn't re-sign either Incognito or Simmons. :mad:

TMu11
03-30-2010, 04:27 AM

Did you know that you can get a degree on Life Experience now?

Goobylal
03-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Probably more than you know. ;)

wmoz11
03-30-2010, 09:33 AM
-- Eric Wood will be in the afternoon group. He was seen talking with Donte Whitner and did not have crutches or a visible limp.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Begin-Offseason-Workouts/6689420

trapezeus
03-30-2010, 10:12 AM
My brother is a doctor, and in my opinion. . .

Yes, my brother really is a doctor. No, I don't have any idea how long Eric Wood's rehab will take.

a doctor and a priest? You guys covered all the bases.

Patrick76777
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM
What movie was it?

WeAreArthurMoates
03-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Hmm, seems the wgr report contradicts your story.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 10:41 AM
What movie was it?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0315323/

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM
-- Eric Wood will be in the afternoon group. He was seen talking with Donte Whitner and did not have crutches or a visible limp.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Begin-Offseason-Workouts/6689420

wait does this mean he will be running and cutting and lifting weights? i guess he is ok now?

Goobylal
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
It's possible he might have a limp, not from pain, but from psychologically favoring it after all the time he's been laid-up. Although without knowing what he's feeling exactly, it is impossible to know. But as I said, in another 2-3 months, it will be like nothing ever happened.

Beebe's Kid
03-30-2010, 11:10 AM
My brother is a doctor, and in my opinion. . .

Neither would a real doctor, or one worth his weight in **** anyway.

A good doctor would not speculate without examining. They may offer possible outcomes, but would not go on a message board and pop-off about what exactly is going on, when they have no real clue.

Jaybird
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Did you know that you can get a degree on Life Experience now?

But does it come with the new crop of freshman girls?!?

ddaryl
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
I will just say that a limp is not a good thing... How long has it been since the break ?????

I sure hope his career is not done, that guy has what we need and we can not afford to be losing quality picks that balance out our head scratchers and reaches

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
wait, is eric wood actually working out with his leg? is he close to 100% healthy?

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM
wait, is eric wood actually working out with his leg? is he close to 100% healthy?
you're not going to start a thread with polls are you?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
just read that wood is starting to do light work on his leg, doesnt have a limp with his leg and that he should be ready to go by tc... this is good news! i think the bills will still draft an interior lineman like eric olsen, in round 5 or 6 just to give solid depth and insurance. they might move meredith to guard and also draft a ot in rd 4 or 5... i expect 1 LT, 1 backup c, and 1 backup OT to be drafted. a total of 3 lineman...

shelby
03-30-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13135936/bills-g-wood-expects-to-be-ready-for-training-camp?source=rss_teams_Buffalo_Bills

Wood expects to be ready for training camp.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 04:16 PM
this is great news. at least our interior line is set...

Lefty2985
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM
He should be okay by training camp he even said today he is 80 percent sure he will be ready by then. and someone asked what movie it was hot tub time machine

PECKERWOOD
03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Wood never plays the same again, it would just be our luck.

better days
03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Wood never plays the same again, it would just be our luck.

I don't expect him to play the same..............I expect him to play BETTER.

PECKERWOOD
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't expect him to play the same..............I expect him to play BETTER.

Ehh, I just don't know how he could possibly be ready? That leg break is one of the grossest things I've ever seen, only thing worst was probably the McGahee ACL tear, the Theisman leg break and the Napolean McCallum leg break... I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor but it doesn't exactly take a doctor to tell you that his leg break looked really bad.

better days
03-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Ehh, I just don't know how he could possibly be ready? That leg break is one of the grossest things I've ever seen, only thing worst was probably the McGahee ACL tear, the Theisman leg break and the Napolean McCallum leg break... I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor but it doesn't exactly take a doctor to tell you that his leg break looked really bad.
\
He may not be ready on Day 1, but from all reports he will be fine. I believe he will work his butt off rehabbing & come back stronger than ever.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 11:22 PM

every person is different when it comes to healing. also the procedures and medicine they have now is unreal... it was just a clean break so the injury wasnt as bad as it looked... its well documented that it takes 4-6 months to recover from a broken tib and fib as long as they are clean breaks, not multiple fractures... he will be ready to go and be 100% by august 1st...

Goobylal
03-31-2010, 09:02 AM
It definitely looked bad, but "all" he suffered was clean breaks to both leg bones. Bones heal as strong as before, whereas other connective tissue doesn't. There's no reason he can't be 100% come training camp, which would be 8 months after his injury and surgery. And it wouldn't surprise me to learn he's taking HGH.