PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spike, linebacker..

JD
03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Did a workout for the Bills today, not sure if anyone has posted it yet..

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 12:11 AM
would be solid depth in the 3rd round or so...

jamesiscool
03-30-2010, 12:17 AM
he wont make it out if the first round IMO. the kids a gamer and the on the field issues were dealt with, by him, in a classy manner. the eye poking thing was a move of passion not a classless act.

3rd round? dont think so there big guy.

gonzo1105
03-30-2010, 12:39 AM
he wont make it out if the first round IMO. the kids a gamer and the on the field issues were dealt with, by him, in a classy manner. the eye poking thing was a move of passion not a classless act.

3rd round? dont think so there big guy.

The guy ran a 5 flat 40 yard dash, has character issues, and some teams have concerns about whether he could play in a 4-3 system because if he can't that severely limits his options. He will not go in the first round and very well could see him going in rounds 3-5

SaviorEdwards
03-30-2010, 01:45 AM

LOL if we pick up Spikes for 'depth' this will be one hell of a draft. He'll be better than Poz by mid season IMHO

BuffaloBlitz83
03-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Eye gouging is an act of passion now huh please. No excuse for that scumbag play. Just as bad as Butler play. Regardless, if a Bill we'll forgive and forget

Buddo
03-30-2010, 04:26 AM
If there's a guy whose stock has fallen faster than he can run, Spikes is it.
Speed will kill you in the NFL, and on present showings, Spikes hasn't got any.
There have been concerns placed over his coverage ability, as he has been shown up by that a few times I believe. The reason - he ain't quick enough to get sideline to sideline, as evidenced by his 40 times.
While he undoubtedly is a hard hitter, you don't hit anything in the NFL, if you can't get there on time.
3rd round risk would be more apposite atm.

SaviorEdwards
03-30-2010, 04:49 AM
The guy tore up the fastest conference in college football and all of a sudden he is a turtle and can'r play? Im not buying it. I heard the same things said about james laurinaitis last year and he was one of the better rookie LBers last year.

zone
03-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Spikes is intense and will be very good in the NFL, I would love another Spikes in a Bills uniform.

Jaybird
03-30-2010, 07:26 AM
forget about his 40 time and combine numbers. Spikes remind me a lot of Maleluga from last season (USC). Talent and performs on the field but the combine will drop him into the 2nd round

tampabay25690
03-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Spikes makes up ground on his ARMS he has the longest arms I have seen on a LB...
Not the fastest guys but doesnt miss tackles and is an intense player that any team would luv to have....

k-oneputt
03-30-2010, 07:48 AM
He could come into the Bills camp and be the best inside 3-4 linebacker on the team by opening day. I'd be very happy to get him in the 3rd or 4th.

jamze132
03-30-2010, 08:14 AM
There you go again with this "solid depth" crap. Spikes won't survive the first round and he will not be depth for any team, he will be a starter from day 1. Maybe you should practice more polls before providing a projection about a player.

dannyek71
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM

He will be gone by the end of the 1st round.

Bills Juggernaut
03-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Just watched his video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5voTSl9uEI&feature=related

Very slow and lumbering. Kinda of wades through traffic in front of him instead of gong in and getting dirty. Seems a little slow in play recongnition because of it.
Once engeged with a blocker, has a hard time getting off and then to slow to track down the RB.

Does hit hard when he gets there and seems like a good tackler.

Don't see him in the 1st or 2nd round. High 3rd rounder.

Bravo82
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
The guy tore up the fastest conference in college football and all of a sudden he is a turtle and can'r play? Im not buying it. I heard the same things said about james laurinaitis last year and he was one of the better rookie LBers last year.

If we draft him, does that mean the overrated polish guy will have to give up the #51? :scratch:

Discuss...:couch:

JD
03-30-2010, 03:00 PM
He is a big ass dude. He came in with someone else.. they were at the airport together but I forgot the other guys name. They both just graduated from Florida, though.

I asked what he thought of Buffalo.. spikes goes "Ya'll fans is crazy"

Bravo82
03-30-2010, 03:08 PM
"Ya'll fans is crazy"

sounds like we have a real intellectual feller on our hands :ill:

The King
03-30-2010, 03:14 PM
I love that he showed up slow... gives us a chance to take him.

JD
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
sounds like we have a real intellectual feller on our hands :ill:
Wasn't it Florida that was busted for having other people take exams for their players because they have english and writing educations of 3-5 graders? so i can't say im surprised lol

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 03:29 PM
There you go again with this "solid depth" crap. Spikes won't survive the first round and he will not be depth for any team, he will be a starter from day 1. Maybe you should practice more polls before providing a projection about a player.

I dont know of any projections that still consider him a 1st Round talent, even before his timing issues and interviews he was a borderline 1st Rounder. He'l probably go mid-late Round 2.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:54 PM

He won't be there in the 3rd.

PECKERWOOD
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
He is not a 1st round pick, no way, if he is lucky he will be a 2nd round pick, but right now I think he will go anywhere between the 3rd & 5th round.