PDA

View Full Version : Torrell Troup Generating Buzz

JCBills
03-30-2010, 12:17 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/big_c_nfl_blitz/entries/2010/03/28/browns_showing_interest_in_ris.html

Browns showing interest in rising DT prospect Troup (http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/big_c_nfl_blitz/entries/2010/03/28/browns_showing_interest_in_ris.html)

By Carlos "Big C" Holmes (http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/big_c_nfl_blitz/entries/2010/03/28/browns_showing_interest_in_ris.html#postcomment) | Sunday, March 28, 2010, 10:05 PM
Defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy are regarded as the best in their class and rightfully so. However, there is another prospect who is in popular demand. University of Central Florida defensive tackle Torell Troup is receiving mad attention from NFL teams as we approach April’s draft.
The Cleveland Browns are among several teams showing interest in the highly sought after prospect. Browns defensive line coach Bryan Cox will be on UCF’s campus on Monday, March 29 for a private workout with Troup.
Cleveland is looking for a young middle man on defense to groom behind 31-year-old nose tackle Shaun Rogers...

(more)

------------------------------------

The hood payed a personal visit.

HopefulBillsFan
03-30-2010, 12:48 AM
if they want him in the 2nd.. they pick in front of us. Which in some mocks, i see them taking Jerry Hughes who in return I wouldn't mind for us to pick up :)

SaviorEdwards
03-30-2010, 01:47 AM
i like da troupemonster

YardRat
03-30-2010, 05:30 AM
Dammit. I had this guy pegged early on as as a 'want' after the first couple of rounds, now he probably won't get out of the second :mad:

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Dammit. I had this guy pegged early on as as a 'want' after the first couple of rounds, now he probably won't get out of the second :mad:

I dont know that Id assume that right now. There is a lot of rumors swirling about a lot of midround DT's and a lot of noise is coming out of Cleveland which usually means smokescreen.

psubills62
03-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Cleveland has Ahtyba Rubin as well - I'd say they're not exactly in dire need of an NT.

tampabay25690
03-30-2010, 08:01 AM
ALot of smokescreens going on this year....
Looks like alot of teams with the lack of Free agency this year are trying to rebuild by having a great draft....

Alot of buzz this year IMO......

JCBills
03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I dont know that Id assume that right now. There is a lot of rumors swirling about a lot of midround DT's and a lot of noise is coming out of Cleveland which usually means smokescreen.

Yeah but he still could go in the 2nd. NE has 3 2nd round picks, and I won't be shocked if/when they take him with one of them. I'll be super pissed though.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah but he still could go in the 2nd. NE has 3 2nd round picks, and I won't be shocked if/when they take him with one of them. I'll be super pissed though.

Don't see it right now. They took Ron Brace is last year's 2nd Round.

JCBills
03-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Don't see it right now. They took Ron Brace is last year's 2nd Round.

Yeah, but they could be looking at him as a guy who can rotate in at NT and DE, who knows. I just found it interesting that The Hood payed a personal visit.

christhebillsfan783
03-30-2010, 03:56 PM
TROUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!! Going to UCF and love watching this kid play. I would love to see him in a buffalo uniform.

DraftBoy
03-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but they could be looking at him as a guy who can rotate in at NT and DE, who knows. I just found it interesting that The Hood payed a personal visit.

Even more sign that its a smoke screen, I care much more if the DL coach visited as opposed to Belicheck.

JCBills
03-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Even more sign that its a smoke screen, I care much more if the DL coach visited as opposed to Belicheck.

IDK about that, NE has no coordinators, so the HC is going to want to see what he's putting on the field. The DL coach was probably there, but of course The Hood gets the media mention. OFC it could be a smokescreen, just saying I found it interesting :P