PDA

View Full Version : Anyway Get This Feeling

DesertFox24
03-30-2010, 03:27 AM
I just have this feeling that the bills are going to draft CJ Spiller at 9 if he is there, and then find a way to move back up and draft Tim Tebow in the late teens early 20s range.

From what Chan said he feels the offense does not have enough talent, that the starters on defense seem to be good and good fits for their type of 34 and that all he really wants is depth for the defense. What that tells me is that we are going offense hard and early in this draft and will draft a couple of defenders and get a bunch of undrafted FA LBs.

Just think of how sick our wildcat package would be with a legit QB running the wildcat with Spiller and our current HBs.

clumping platelets
03-30-2010, 03:30 AM
I would be very upset

TMu11
03-30-2010, 04:26 AM
2nd that.. Just not a smart move

Night Train
03-30-2010, 04:39 AM
So now Tebow can play LT ?

He truely is a man of steel. :superman:

SaviorEdwards
03-30-2010, 04:54 AM
The Kelly dinner thing is beautiful LOL Even if the Tebow haters won't admit it, they are petrified of the Bills drafting him now.

SABURZFAN
03-30-2010, 06:48 AM
The Kelly dinner thing is beautiful LOL Even if the Tebow haters won't admit it, they are petrified of the Bills drafting him now.

i'll flip out if they draft Tebow in the 2nd round. i'll lose my ****ing mind if they draft him in the 1st round or trade up to get him.

Jaybird
03-30-2010, 07:24 AM
If we trade back into the bottom part of the 1st I think it should be for Cody (NT)

patmoran2006
03-30-2010, 07:30 AM
I'd rather they drafted Dez Bryant than Spiller.

For the record, I don't want them to draft either.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Id be fine with Spiller or Bryant.

Tebow in Round 2 would be a waste of a very deep draft. We should be able to take a starter in Rounds 1-3, Tebow is not a year 1 or 2 starter.

tampabay25690
03-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Id be fine with Spiller or Bryant.

Tebow in Round 2 would be a waste of a very deep draft. We should be able to take a starter in Rounds 1-3, Tebow is not a year 1 or 2 starter.

DB you think there are QB'S that can start from day 1 in this draft because I dont see it at all.....

Jan Reimers
03-30-2010, 07:39 AM
I like skill players such as Spiller and Bryant (Tebow not so much), but our line play - offensively and defensively - has killed us the last several years.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't take LT, NT, and perhaps some other beefy linemen early.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
DB you think there are QB'S that can start from day 1 in this draft because I dont see it at all.....

Bradford and that's it.

Clausen maybe in week 8 or 9.

realdealryan
03-30-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm more worried about addressing line needs in the first round and then looking at, say, Colt McCoy, later. And by worried I mean I saw the NFLN piece where Rob Johnson was talking about how well he'll do in the NFL. Robosack is his coach. srsly

TacklingDummy
03-30-2010, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't mind any of these.

Bold is the way I'd want the draft to fall.

1st round: Bryant (if gone Spiller)

Bills need someone on the other side of Evans. Evans himself is not a true #1. Why not get the #1 WR on the board?

2nd Round: Cam Thomas DT, Terrance Cody DT, Brandon Spikes ILB, or Brandon Lafell WR.

The Bills suck against the run.

3rd Round:Jonathan Dwyer RB. Tony Pike QB,John Skelton, QB Tim Tebow QB, Dan LeFevour, QB ,

Jackson is getting old, Lynch is useless.

2/27/10: Bills head coach Chan Gailey expressed some concern about Jonathan Dwyer's ability to keep his weight under control: "He’s always fought the weight problem every year since high school." And Gailey is Dwyer's former coach. Dwyer was 5-11, 229 at the Combine weigh-in, but had been overweight this past season.

4th Round: Ed Wang OT, Matt Tennant, C

Wang, Wood, Levitre on the line, what could go wrong?

Every position can't be fixed with 1 draft. QB and more o-line help is going to have to wait until next year.

5, 6, 7 rounds are basically useless. Trade all 3 picks for another 3rd rounder.

jamze132
03-30-2010, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't be pissed about Spiller and Tebow. Gaily rarely drafts O-line in the first round anyways.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 09:21 AM
spiller could be our percy harvin, and then we could get tebow, and then guess what bills fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!??????? SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Burgundy
03-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Wanting Cam Thomas over Terrence Cody seems crazy to me. I'd love it if we could snag Jonny Dwyer in the third round. He's gonna be a total steal.

Take Bryant out and replace him with Bulaga and I'd be very stoked about this draft.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 09:33 AM
That would be the WORST draft in Bills history.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
If we neglect LT with the talent level in this year's draft. I'm gonna *** a brick.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
So we would draft a RB when we already have 2 good ones and then trade back up for a VERY risky QB? I don't like it at all.

Throne Logic
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I'll only be happy if the lines are addressed with emphasis. Make the lines strong, then add the skill behind them. Odds are someone will be available at 9 to help on either O or D lines. Or, trade down to lower first plus more picks. Take Linemen and linebackers with all, for all I care. Just find enough talent to fix the lines once an for all.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 09:42 AM
If they Think Spiller will be the best player available, I can see them taking him and eventually weed out Lynch.

trapezeus
03-30-2010, 10:16 AM
If they Think Spiller will be the best player available, I can see them taking him and eventually weed out Lynch.

pun intended?

JCBills
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Is this a genuine feeling? Or a case of drinking the media kool-aid.

I also don't know why it would be worth it to move back into the 1st (overpay) to overpay a 3rd string 2 year project.

DesertFox24
03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
I was not saying it is the way I want to go, I just think it is the way they will go or try to go.

I really think they are going offense heavy and that will include OL but I think they are going to try to get some talent at the skill positions so that Chan can do things that he wants to do.

Pat Bryant could be a huge possibility as well, I just think that if Spiller is on the board there is a lot more he can do in terms of changing how teams defend us. Teams showed that they could double TO and Lee and still stop us last year, hopefully Nelson will make them pay this year, but imagine a dynamic guy like spiller out of the backfield or slot it would be similar to what Reggie Bush does for the saints.

In regards to Tebow I have been a huge anti Tebow guy and I do not think he will ever be a Peyton Manning (4000 yards a season), but I think the guy could be successful with an inventive offensive mind like Chan Gailey, Sean Payton, or John Gruden (if he ever comes back).

The one thing I do not want the bills to do is draft for need, and if one looks at our Front Office (Nix and Whaley) I am pretty sure that is safe to say we are going best player available all the time. Now they might trade down to where a position of need is the best player available, but I highly doubt there will be any Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin type reaches anymore.

djjimkelly
03-30-2010, 10:50 AM
just say no to a first round rb

with a better o line a 3rd round rb or the 2 very solid rbs we have will look better

TacklingDummy
03-30-2010, 10:53 AM
The one thing I do not want the bills to do is draft for need, and if one looks at our Front Office (Nix and Whaley) I am pretty sure that is safe to say we are going best player available all the time. Now they might trade down to where a position of need is the best player available, but I highly doubt there will be any Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin type reaches anymore.
Tebow is not a reach?

JCBills
03-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I was not saying it is the way I want to go, I just think it is the way they will go or try to go.

I really think they are going offense heavy and that will include OL but I think they are going to try to get some talent at the skill positions so that Chan can do things that he wants to do.

Pat Bryant could be a huge possibility as well, I just think that if Spiller is on the board there is a lot more he can do in terms of changing how teams defend us. Teams showed that they could double TO and Lee and still stop us last year, hopefully Nelson will make them pay this year, but imagine a dynamic guy like spiller out of the backfield or slot it would be similar to what Reggie Bush does for the saints.

In regards to Tebow I have been a huge anti Tebow guy and I do not think he will ever be a Peyton Manning (4000 yards a season), but I think the guy could be successful with an inventive offensive mind like Chan Gailey, Sean Payton, or John Gruden (if he ever comes back).

If they're weighing BPA heavy, then Tebow shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread, let alone in the 1st round at all.

You have to draft for need, ignoring it completely makes no sense, and nobody really goes into the draft that way. You balance BPA / need.

If you doubt their are Maybin-type reaches, again Tebow wouldn't even be mentioned here.

DesertFox24
03-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Tebow is not a reach?

Spiller is going to be almost as good as Chris Johnson and is going to be better than Bush because he can run between the tackles.

Another poster said Tebow not a reach, at 9 he is a reach for sure. I am not sure he is much of a reach after pick 20. As smart as McShay, Kiper, Mayock, and all those draft nicks there is no way that guy makes it to pick 33 in my opinion.

I listen to what those guys say as well, but I was very impressed with the progress he made in his footwork from the senior bowl to his pro day. Now I know footwork is something that a lot of guys fix, but he also did make a lot of changes to his throwing motion which is very hard to accomplish. Most QBs will try to tweak one thing an offseason, he is trying to tweak everything up to the forward motion part. In other words he is holding ball higher, not bringing it as far back, and has started his forward motion early. The one thing that makes me feel better about the wholesale change is his release point is not changing so his accuracy should not be effected.

In closing I do not think Tebow will play this year at all except in what Chan and us will term the "Tebow Package" or wildcat, but I think in 2011 he will compete with Brohm, Fitz, vet/late rookie for the job.

I have no idea if this guy is going to be good or not, but the one thing you can not deny is the guy competes and won everywhere. Yes he had talent but so did McCoy, Leinart, Peyton, Russel, Sanchez, Palmer, Young, Bradfor but no one seems to give them crap for being from a talented program.

DesertFox24
03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
If they're weighing BPA heavy, then Tebow shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread, let alone in the 1st round at all.

You have to draft for need, ignoring it completely makes no sense, and nobody really goes into the draft that way. You balance BPA / need.

If you doubt their are Maybin-type reaches, again Tebow wouldn't even be mentioned here.

Well if you draft that way we will do no better this decade than we did the last decade.

The best teams do not draft for need they draft best player available, or trade down till where the need fits to draft slot.

Personally one of the reasons we suck is we have no stars.

Take the one star we drafted last year Jarius Byrd he personally won us the jets game, panther game, and I thought his picks helped win another but I am drawing a blank.

Stars win games folks, and yes we need stars on the lines as well, but when you draft for need you bypass stars and get ok/solid/not all pro players.

We agree to disagree Vehemently.

DesertFox24
03-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Lastly people act like FA is over there are still some players out there that could come in post draft and provide good depth and or start.

Tra Thomas, Tory Holt are perfect examples.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 11:21 AM
tebow and spiller would be unreal, we would CRUSH TEAMS!!!!! our rbs would never get tired!

SquishDaFish
03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I wouldnt mind Spiller but rather have Clausen then trade back up for a DT or even Bryant is he fell.

TigerJ
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
If the feelings people around here have had concerning the what the Bills would do all came true, this would be one messed up team, I mean even more than they are. Frankly, I don't think the intuition of Zoners about future Bills actions is all that reliable.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Spiller is going to be almost as good as Chris Johnson and is going to be better than Bush because he can run between the tackles.

Another poster said Tebow not a reach, at 9 he is a reach for sure. I am not sure he is much of a reach after pick 20. As smart as McShay, Kiper, Mayock, and all those draft nicks there is no way that guy makes it to pick 33 in my opinion.

I listen to what those guys say as well, but I was very impressed with the progress he made in his footwork from the senior bowl to his pro day. Now I know footwork is something that a lot of guys fix, but he also did make a lot of changes to his throwing motion which is very hard to accomplish. Most QBs will try to tweak one thing an offseason, he is trying to tweak everything up to the forward motion part. In other words he is holding ball higher, not bringing it as far back, and has started his forward motion early. The one thing that makes me feel better about the wholesale change is his release point is not changing so his accuracy should not be effected.

In closing I do not think Tebow will play this year at all except in what Chan and us will term the "Tebow Package" or wildcat, but I think in 2011 he will compete with Brohm, Fitz, vet/late rookie for the job.

I have no idea if this guy is going to be good or not, but the one thing you can not deny is the guy competes and won everywhere. Yes he had talent but so did McCoy, Leinart, Peyton, Russel, Sanchez, Palmer, Young, Bradfor but no one seems to give them crap for being from a talented program.

Spiller is going to be as good as Chris Johnson? How do you know this? Because they're both fast? He could be as good as Reggie Bush and he was considered to be the most sure thing coming out of college.

DesertFox24
03-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Spiller is going to be as good as Chris Johnson? How do you know this? Because they're both fast? He could be as good as Reggie Bush and he was considered to be the most sure thing coming out of college.

Did you read my post incorrectly.

It says right there that I said he would be almost as good as Johnson, and better than Bush.

I said he would be better than Bush because he can run between the tackles and can pass block. Bush can not do either of those things on a consistent week in week out basis.

Spiller is going to be one hell of a player and is going to make it difficult for teams to defend him. He in my opinion is one of the top 4 players in this draft.

Bradford/ Suh/ McCoy/ Spiller/ Haden are my top 5 players from this draft.