PDA

View Full Version : Raiders have not inquired about Donovan McNabb's availability

YardRat
03-30-2010, 08:47 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/paper-raiders-have-not-inquired-about-donovan-mcnabbs-availability/1

According to the (http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_14781527) Oakland Tribune's sources, the "Raiders haven't even spoken with the Eagles about McNabb" even though the team continues to signal its dissatisfaction with 2007 No. 1 pick JaMarcus Russell (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/tom-cable-raiders-will-have-open-competition-for-qb-job-with-jamarcus-russell-bruce-gradkowski/1).

Ironically, McNabb had one of his worst outings in 2009 in Philadelphia's embarrassing Week 6 upset loss in Oakland.

The Silver & Black do hold the No. 8 and No. 39 picks of the 2010 draft, but dealing for McNabb would seem a little dubious even by Al Davis' standards.

Ron Burgundy
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
But but but but sources say they're the frontrunners for his services, reportedly interested in McNabb for the 39th overall pick!

Do you mean to tell me that all this talk by NFL pundits is just pure speculation???

mrbojanglezs
03-30-2010, 08:52 AM
what the hell is going on

Mahdi
03-30-2010, 08:57 AM
That's bs... there is no way there have not been talks between the Raiders and Eagles.

These days when a rumor is reported by that many sources there is truth to it.

Jeff1220
03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Maybe it's getting put out there to light a fire under Jamarcus' rear.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Smells like smoke screen....

Mike13
03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I'd threaten to retire if I were him, that would be such a disservice to Donovan.

madness
03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Maybe it's getting put out there to light a fire under Jamarcus' rear.

That would have to be one pretty big fire...

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd threaten to retire if I were him, that would be such a disservice to Donovan.

How do you figure? Oakland's offense, is young, athletic, and has tons of potential at the skill positions.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 11:23 AM
im praying oakland doesnt take tebow...

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2010, 11:26 AM
im praying oakland does take tebow...

You had a typo that I corrected for you!

CoolBreeze
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
im praying oakland doesnt take tebow...

I have a strange feeling Tebow won't be there anyway. I think some team will take a risk late in the first. I could be wrong though, hopefully he falls to us at 41

Stewie
03-30-2010, 11:50 AM
That's bs... there is no way there have not been talks between the Raiders and Eagles.

These days when a rumor is reported by that many sources there is truth to it.

this is faulty logic. in fact, it is scary logic.

If tell a lie to five people you know, it has some truth to it?

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 11:55 AM
this is faulty logic. in fact, it is scary logic.

If tell a lie to five people you know, it has some truth to it?

That depends...can you ensure that you tell the exact same lie, they exact the same questions to which you gave the exact same answers to all of them and then that they go back and not only rememeber all the exact details but rather report them all exactly the same?

Faulty logic maybe, but yours is just the same.

Ron Burgundy
03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
That depends...can you ensure that you tell the exact same lie, they exact the same questions to which you gave the exact same answers to all of them and then that they go back and not only rememeber all the exact details but rather report them all exactly the same?

Faulty logic maybe, but yours is just the same.

Yeah, what you're describing sounds very different from how the AP works.

Anyways, it'd be difficult to start a rumor on something so complex as a possible NFL trade. I'd say 99.9% of these things turn out to be true.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah, what you're describing sounds very different from how the AP works.

Anyways, it'd be difficult to start a rumor on something so complex as a possible NFL trade. I'd say 99.9% of these things turn out to be true.

Not trying to describe how the AP works, but when multiple outlets reported the exact same story with the exact same terms, a day after the Eagles made it be known their demand was a sub 42 pick, its hard to consider this to be a well thought up lie like Paul proposed.

Ron Burgundy
03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Not trying to describe how the AP works, but when multiple outlets reported the exact same story with the exact same terms, a day after the Eagles made it be known their demand was a sub 42 pick, its hard to consider this to be a well thought up lie like Paul proposed.

Much like every other news source out there, someone breaks a story and everybody else copies it.

Doesn't even have to be a well-thought up lie...it could just be regurgitated horse****, which is generally the case this time of year. We see it everywhere, from little fish like our own Pat Moran all the way up to the almighty AP.

cpearl
03-30-2010, 04:01 PM
it makes sense since the Raiders (as I discussed in another post yesterday) already have so much invested in the QB position. Russell's contract is significant and if McNabb is traded he will want an extension too.

It doesn't make financial sense (even for Al Davis) unless they can somehow trade Russell too.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 04:25 PM
im pretty sure the raiders are going to give russell one more chance to figure it out... if he blows, then they try and get locker or mallett

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
im pretty sure the raiders are going to give russell one more chance to figure it out... if he blows, then they try and get locker or mallett

"IF HE BLOWS?" Obviously you've never seen the guy play.

trapezeus
03-30-2010, 05:33 PM
the raiders already have insurance in the event that Russell doesn't turn it around. his name is JP Losman.