PDA

View Full Version : Gailey's first impression a good one

The Spaz
03-30-2010, 12:11 PM
They say first impressions can mean everything. If the feedback from Buffalo’s quarterbacks on head coach Chan Gailey is any indication, the Bills head coach made a powerful one. Gailey’s exposure to his roster of players has been limited to this point, but it didn’t take long for Buffalo’s head coach to effectively provide direction for his signal callers.

Buffalo’s three quarterbacks had the chance to sit down with Chan Gailey Monday as the team’s voluntary offseason conditioning program got underway. Gailey, who is also serving as their offensive coordinator, went over some of the basics of the offense while also demonstrating his vast knowledge about the game and orchestrating a productive attack.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Gaileys-first-impression-a-good-one/6e2a9796-d390-4956-8522-0d91167f9bac

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I hate fluff pieces like this.

Even if they thought Gailey was the most annoying piece of **** human being they've ever met in their lives, there is no way they would say that to the media. Whatever happened, they're going to put a good spin on it publicly.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 12:19 PM
I think Trent is in the lead as far as getting htheir head up the coaches arse in that article. Poor Brohm.

justasportsfan
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
“I don’t want to talk negatively about last year’s staff, but as a quarterback you want to have one person to listen to and one voice,” Edwards said. “The last couple of years there was kind of… he would say one thing to one guy and then he would say it to another guy and what you’re looking for would kind of get lost in the process. Here with the situation we’re in, if you like something offensively you’re telling it to the head coach because he’s also the offensive coordinator and he’s going to get that done for you.”

Anyone still think the coaches didn't hold our players back?

Beebe's Kid
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
You know what? I have done a lot of thinking about it, because I was so sick and ****ing tired of screaming at a TV, or in a concrete bowl that held 73,000 of my closest friends, about Trent's ineptitude.

I always knew that coaches could hold us back. I knew the team was better than they ever could have show under Jauron. I knew that AVP had to be the world's least original and least intuitive OC. I did know all of these things, but I still wanted TE gone.

Reading this, which I realize is fluff, and that Trent is an ass-licker, but I think he may be alright. If the people making the calls consistently tried to get me killed, or better yet, never changed the things that they were doing, which nearly resulted in my death on several occasions, I may lose my confidence too.

I am far, far away from the "Start Trent Now" campaign. Far away. However, this did come to mind...my tipping point was the Tennessee game. This was long after Trent had jumped the shark in most fans' eyes, but I held on a little longer. In this game, which was Trent's first back after the concussion in the uncalled late hit against the Jets, Jauron or AVP, actually called a QB sneak on a 3rd and short.

A QB ****ing sneak? He was wearing a special helmet!! For ****'s sake, are you trying to kill him? I can say, from my view, I would have quit. I wouldn't work for somebody trying to do that to me. I can just imagine listening for the play, and it's a QB sneak...."Time out! **** you, **** you, **** you, you're cool, **** you, I'm out!"

Who knows maybe I will have a use for that TE jersey again, after all!!

Edit: I am a Brohm supporter, but I would rather have the better QB start, whoever that may be. If TE is better, then so be it.

Nighthawk
03-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Trent has to grow some balls and stop licking the HC's...how'd that work out for him with the last coach?

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Our players also loved playing for Jauron. Enough said.

better days
03-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Trent has to grow some balls and stop licking the HC's...how'd that work out for him with the last coach?

Old habits die hard. It worked well with Dick.

k-oneputt
03-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Trent was basically saying the last coaching stafff sucked and was a big part of the problem.

mayotm
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM

Even if they thought Gailey was the most annoying piece of **** human being they've ever met in their lives, there is no way they would say that to the media. Whatever happened, they're going to put a good spin on it publicly.The only thing more annoying than the fluff pieces are the people that feel it's necessary to point out that it's a fluff piece. Thanks, I couldn't figure that out on my own.

madness
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
They just said they respect him and that he obviously has the experience and knowledge to run an offense. How anybody is confusing that with the last coaching staff is beyond me.

OpIv37
03-30-2010, 02:11 PM
The only thing more annoying than the fluff pieces are the people that feel it's necessary to point out that it's a fluff piece. Thanks, I couldn't figure that out on my own.

if everyone knows it's fluff, then:
a) Why does bb.com continue to post them?
b) Why do posters here continue to link to them?
c) Why do posters here comment on the article as if there was some substance to it?

You say everyone knows it's fluff, but they sure as hell don't act like it.

mayotm
03-30-2010, 02:24 PM
a) Why does bb.com continue to post them?
b) Why do posters here continue to link to them?
c) Why do posters here comment on the article as if there was some substance to it?

You say everyone knows it's fluff, but they sure as hell don't act like it.

a) BB.com has to have new content to get people to visit the site. It's the off-season, tough to come up with interesting articles. Not to mention that Chris Brown is a Bills employee, so the only thing he's allowed to write are fluff pieces. Lots of people love to rip Chris Brown, but he's just doing his job. Anybody that doesn't enjoy Chris Brown's articles has the option to not read them.

b) Again, it's the off-season, people are desperate to discuss any new article they read, fluff or not.

c) I can't over any insight as to why some people feel that fluff articles have substance.

Read closer. I never stated that "everyone knows it's fluff".

HAMMER
03-30-2010, 02:38 PM

Even if they thought Gailey was the most annoying piece of **** human being they've ever met in their lives, there is no way they would say that to the media. Whatever happened, they're going to put a good spin on it publicly.

We know, we know, you **** on every article with the same comment, year after year, after year.

Buddo
03-31-2010, 06:30 AM
The interest, for those who actually have some, is in 'reading between the lines'.
The offense for the last few years, has clearly lacked the 'direction' that the coaches and coordinators are supposed to provide it. Many of the people involved on the playing side, have suffered a lot because of it. Even Fewell's approach of 'heave it to TO' was an improvement, which is to show how bad it had got.

ddaryl
03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
stereotypical 1st day meet and greet feel good quotes

justasportsfan
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
a) Why does bb.com continue to post them?.
you mean we're the only team that does that?

b) Why do posters here continue to link to them?.because some of us would rather read that than your complains about everything?

the question is why do people keep reading articles they know is fluff to begin with and complain about it.

Do you read it just so that you have something to complain about?

justasportsfan
03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
They just said they respect him and that he obviously has the experience and knowledge to run an offense. How anybody is confusing that with the last coaching staff is beyond me.

Players " What? We actually have to work? "

Mad Bomber
03-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Trent said:

“I don’t want to talk negatively about last year’s staff, but as a quarterback you want to have one person to listen to and one voice,” Edwards said. “The last couple of years there was kind of… he would say one thing to one guy and then he would say it to another guy and what you’re looking for would kind of get lost in the process. Here with the situation we’re in, if you like something offensively you’re telling it to the head coach because he’s also the offensive coordinator and he’s going to get that done for you.”

(emphasis mine)

In other words, DJ/AVP didn't know what they were doing; they sent mixed mixed/conflicting messages.

We can go nowhere but up compared to the last few years.

justasportsfan
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
(emphasis mine)

In other words, DJ/AVP didn't know what they were doing; they sent mixed mixed/conflicting messages.

More so on Dick. He was never on the same page with his OC's. I guess AVP wanted to fire the ball down deep which is why he went with Fitz. AVP also went with Jackson instead of Lynch.

Can't do much when your HC holds you back.