PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant

Buffalogic
03-30-2010, 02:53 PM
His workout today was good, but he didn't hit it out of the park. He ran 4.52x2 and 4.68 in the 40. He most likely will be looking the bills right in the face at number 9.

Should we draft him? Let's say Spiller and Bryant are on the board still along with Bulaga/Williams, who would you take?

Jaybird
03-30-2010, 02:56 PM
who cares what he ran. Crabtree ran around the same time. The legendary Jerry Rice ran a slow 40.

Bottom line the boy is a big physical Wr that can play the game. I would prefer him over Spiller because it is a huge need (so is tackle I know)

methos4ever
03-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Bulaga. Because of Bryant's issues with the "I forgot my shoes", being winded during the rest of his workout, Deion, etc I think he may fall to the late 1st / early second round. He's outstanding talent wise, but like Syracuse's Mike Williams, he has a bad habit of letting his personality overcome his talent.

Here's something Randy Cross put online a little bit ago:

Talent Alone Isn’t Enough
“13 Things for Rookies to remember”
* Belief lifts my talent
* Passion energizes my talent
* Initiative activates my talent
* Focus directs my talent
* Preparation positions my talent
* Practice sharpens my talent
* Perseverance sustains my talent
* Courage tests my talent
* Teachability expands my talent
* Character protects my talent
* Relationships influence my talent
* Responsibility strengthen my talent
* Teamwork multiplies my talent

http://www.lockerblogger.com/blogs/randycrossfb/13-things-rookies-remember

Night Train
03-30-2010, 03:09 PM
The Bills should just keep selecting skill players and ignore the lines.

It's a time tested formula you can't argue with.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Bryant may fall some, but not out of the first round. I'd be shocked if he doesn't go by the mid-teens.

Say what you want about all the other stuff, but the kid is a top-10 talent.

Buffalogic
03-30-2010, 03:12 PM
The first round isn't the only way to build a successful Oline. Most of the good lines are held together with midround selections.

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
He ran what I expected of him. There is another thread about this;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=189886

DraftBoy
03-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Bryant may fall some, but not out of the first round. I'd be shocked if he doesn't go by the mid-teens.

Say what you want about all the other stuff, but the kid is a top-10 talent.

Id say he is arguably top 5.

Buffalogic
03-30-2010, 03:28 PM
He has almost identical numbers to Larry Fitz and Bmarsh coming out of college when it comes to weight and 40 time. I think if he falls a lot of teams will be kicking themselves because he's like a clone of those two guys.

The Spaz
03-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Only two receivers at the Combine had 3-cone times worse than Dez Bryant's today (7.21) - Seyi Ajirotutu (7.33) and Nyan Boateng (7.33)

Buffalogic
03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Only two receivers at the Combine had 3-cone times worse than Dez Bryant's today (7.21) - Seyi Ajirotutu (7.33) and Nyan Boateng (7.33)Yeah, but his 10 yard and broad jump were off the charts. His speed may diminish over time but it's easy to see hes a quick and explosive player and at 225 that's impressive. He's gonna be a big play maker in the NFL.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
BULAGA > BRYANT > SPILLER

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 04:21 PM
i think spiller will make more of an impact yet the bills dont really need a rb...?? idk, id take spiller and then take tebow, or even take tebow at 9.... i heard dez bryant has issues and is immature... i also know he has a learning disability... but that obviously didnt stop him at ok st.... idk, i think wrs are a overated position, id rather take spiller, more of an impact!

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
i think spiller will make more of an impact yet the bills dont really need a rb...?? idk, id take spiller and then take tebow, or even take tebow at 9.... i heard dez bryant has issues and is immature... i also know he has a learning disability... but that obviously didnt stop him at ok st.... idk, i think wrs are a overated position, id rather take spiller, more of an impact!

WR's are an overrated position? Yea right.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 04:29 PM

parcells thinks wrs are way overrated....

better days
03-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Eugene Parker is his agent, I would pass on him for that reason alone.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
if the bills do go bpa, its probably going to be spiller, and then they will focus on trying to get tebow...

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Eugene Parker is his agent, I would pass on him for that reason alone.

So you would never want Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, Derrick Brooks, Greg Jennings, Devin Hester,? And if you HAD the chance would never want Aeneas Williams, Rod Woodson, Curtis Martin?

Interesting.

k-oneputt

I don't care who you have playing wr if you don't have a qb.

You really want a guy who has had numerous off the field problems with the #9 pick ? They can't afford another washout with a top pick. The guy forgot his freaking shoes for one of the biggest days of his career. WTF is that.

ZAZusmc03
I can see bryant being the crabtree of this years draft. Demands more more money and holds out half the season

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
I can see bryant being the crabtree of this years draft. Demands more more money and holds out half the season

And you think the Niners are regretting that draft pick?

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM

Yea...Cuz the Dolphins WR situation is in great shape and they're helping that offense. :tired:

Buffalogic
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
If we don't draft him at 9 it would really hurt to see him get drafted by Miami at 12. Or if he slides further and falls into the pats lap for a replacement to Moss we're screwed.

PECKERWOOD
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Next year is really deep at WR, thus it doesn't make sense to take Bryant with the 9th pick, he is a good player, but Julio Jones, Michael Floyd & AJ Green are better prospects than Bryant, at least in my estimations. Michael Floyd has flashed Calvin Johnson like potential, but he needs to have a big year to warrant that kind of billing, still, look out for Floyd in the 2011 draft, you'll hear his name again, trust me.

better days
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
So you would never want Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, Derrick Brooks, Greg Jennings, Devin Hester,? And if you HAD the chance would never want Aeneas Williams, Rod Woodson, Curtis Martin?

Interesting.
I realize Parker has some GREAT clients. He is also notorious for being DIFFICULT to deal with. As a Bucs fan I love Derrick Brooks & I never realized Parker was his agent. I attribute that to Brooks taking charge & telling him he would not hold out.

X-Era
03-30-2010, 08:15 PM
His workout today was good, but he didn't hit it out of the park. He ran 4.52x2 and 4.68 in the 40. He most likely will be looking the bills right in the face at number 9.

Should we draft him? Let's say Spiller and Bryant are on the board still along with Bulaga/Williams, who would you take?
I could see someone like the Cowboys calling us to move up.

Should we draft him? Hes a very good player. Off the field concerns? What are they? I mean he didn't punch a player in the face, no drugs, no DWI's, no DUI's, No arrests that I know of. The NCAA thing was a bit of a joke to be honest, he lied. So, he, at least once, lied. OK. Immature? maybe. But serious character concern? No, I don't see that.

I just feel like the kid can play... really well. Hes the type of possession WR that this team needs, hes got all kinds of shiftiness to go with his ability to fight for the ball. Hes got Calvin Johnson potential to me. Yeah, I wouldn't mind adding him.

tampabay25690
03-30-2010, 08:35 PM
A little birddie has whispered in my ear that the front 7 on the Defense is where they are looking for the 1st pick....
I think Okung, Williams, Bulaga will be gone so they will move on to another position.

THEY NEED to get to the QB and stop the run...

tampabay25690
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM

You are correct Parcells thinks the game is WON with the Big bodies up front not the outsides...

X-Era
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
A little birddie has whispered in my ear that the front 7 on the Defense is where they are looking for the 1st pick....
I think Okung, Williams, Bulaga will be gone so they will move on to another position.

THEY NEED to get to the QB and stop the run...
And I could easily see that too. Should we draft Dez Bryant? I think the Bills could make a strong argument to do just that. Lines? sure, that's probably what we should do. But, I can easily see an argument to add this guy.

k-oneputt
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
You are correct Parcells thinks the game is WON with the Big bodies up front not the outsides...

Really why would he think that ?????

He's only won and turned around franchises everywhere he's been. What would he know. And his protege is the same way in New Eng.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 11:41 PM
I could see someone like the Cowboys calling us to move up.

Should we draft him? Hes a very good player. Off the field concerns? What are they? I mean he didn't punch a player in the face, no drugs, no DWI's, no DUI's, No arrests that I know of. The NCAA thing was a bit of a joke to be honest, he lied. So, he, at least once, lied. OK. Immature? maybe. But serious character concern? No, I don't see that.

I just feel like the kid can play... really well. Hes the type of possession WR that this team needs, hes got all kinds of shiftiness to go with his ability to fight for the ball. Hes got Calvin Johnson potential to me. Yeah, I wouldn't mind adding him.

I agree with most but would NEVER say he's got Calvin Johnson potential. That guys is just a freak of nature and would be posting better/similar numbers as Fitz in a better offense.

ZAZusmc03
03-31-2010, 12:16 PM
I think Bryant has the potential to be one of the greats in the NFL. With that being said, I think its going to take a hard coach to keep him on the right track. But from all that I have heard, when he is there to work out and practice, its hard to get him to stop.

Buffalogic
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Dez Bryant is pretty much a Brandon Marshall clone. He's going to be a great NFL player.

Night Train
03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Dez Bryant is pretty much a Brandon Marshall clone. He's going to be a great NFL player.

He couldn't even complete the short shuttle or 3 cone drill. Looked completely unprepared for his pro day and forgot his freakin' cleats. :rofl:

I hope the Bills don't even consider him. Sounds like an idiot that Lynch would party with.

Buffalogic
03-31-2010, 03:53 PM
He couldn't even complete the short shuttle or 3 cone drill. Looked completely unprepared for his pro day and forgot his freakin' cleats. :rofl:

I hope the Bills don't even consider him. Sounds like an idiot that Lynch would party with.He had a good day, but nothing great. He's coming off an injury, he didn't look totally in shape. Bmarsh was a 4th round pick, he can play. This guy is his clone. He can play too.

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Bryant is this year's great mystery.

He can go as high as 6 (Seattle) or he can come close to sliding out of the first round all together.

For the record, I think there is 0.0% chance the Bills draft him.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry I just dont see the Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson or Andre Johson ability. He reminds me too much of Roy Williams.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-31-2010, 11:14 PM
I like Spiller far more

SirMcGee
04-02-2010, 01:56 AM
I like Spiller far more

Why, because he ran a fast 40? Or because his Youtube clips are impressive?

TMu11
04-02-2010, 07:02 AM
If we draft him, he will be a "bust" in everyones eyes because we don't have a QB to get him the ball (See: T.O.)
If we don't and he turns out to be a stellar WR, Everyone will criticize the Bills for not taking him for the next 10 years.

Either way it doesnt matter. I'd rather us take the best available player on the board at the time, then pass it up and deal with it from the fans for the next decade.